1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers, DirecTV, CBS and NFL Ticket

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelerzfannforever, Sep 2, 2014.

1. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It appears that DirecTV and Raycom media are in a dispute which has resulted in Raycom pulling their channels from DirecTV. In turn, this has affected myself and Im sure many others because the Steelers/Browns game this weekend was to be televised on my local CBS network here in Ohio. I do have the NFL Sunday ticket but I am concerned that the NFL will still issue the local blackout which will not allow me to get the game even though I pay for it. I was just curious if anyone has any idea how this might affect the local blackout rules if the local affiliates are not available for consumers? Anyone have any insight?

2. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think opening weekend is free preview of NFL Ticket on DirecTV. Don't pay yet.

EDIT: I see you already are a subscriber.

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I got sick of Direct TV's BS 3 years ago and elected to drop them. at the time the Steelers were on regular TV more often than not. Nowadays, not so much. While I do miss some of my Steelers games by viewing on TV, I do not miss the shenanigans of their extemely erratic billing practices.

4. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tried to get Sunday Ticket thru ps3 without subscription, but apparently not available in Arkansas. WTH?

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I hope everything works out for you guys. MAN I'm so sick of these morons in suits fighting over the almighty dollar and killing the real fans in the crossfire. I would say your best bet would be to look for a feed online or something. Or you might have to go to some place that shows the game.

6. +1

I was with DTV for 11 years and stayed with them all that time because of the ticket, even with the screwy billing. I finally left for TWC, and while I miss getting all the games here in NC, the red zone channel is good enough. Now, I do check which games are nationally televised and then cross my fingers for regional coverage because we will get both the panthers and skins games over anybody else.
    I just checked today and in the Raleigh-Durham market we are getting the Steelers home opener. :steelflag::beard:

7. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

awesome will be in the triangle this weekend

8. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Erie PA is arguably 95% steelers or browns fans. And yet we are in the Bills viewing audience, Buffalo 90 miles away, Cle 100 miles and Pit 110. Thank goodness Bills never sell out at home or we would hardly get the steelers. This Sunday a seat at any establishment with the nfl ticket in Erie will be hard to find as the Bills are away and the steelers/stains game is not on. Happily, I'll be in section 108.

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I've been trying for years to figure out the best method for picking up the games. Here in Iowa we get stuck with the Vikings, GB, Bears and Chiefs. You want to talk about a cluster F***. I'm amazed I haven't climbed to the top of the tallest building, ok corn silo, and thrown myself off. I guess I know I would just land in a pile of corn and only break all my bones. I would then be stuck in the hospital watching the Vikings, GB, Bears and Chiefs. I wonder how my wife would feel about moving at this point?

10. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Since the first week of the Sunday ticket is free for everyone, Im hoping there is no blackout. If there is, I have found a link online that works and will be showing the game.

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Here in Virginia we get Skins games and Ravens (ugh) games except for the Hampton area that gets Steelers games because Tomlin is from there and they kept making a fuss.

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dropped them after 8 years for the same reasons as you did, been getting harassed to no end from them to rejoin through the mail and by phone, I blocked their phone calls but the mail keeps coming, they are a bunch of billing thieves and their customer service sucks big time....

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Do you remember their "Royalty Fee" equaling $2.25 or something like that?

I was on the phone with their customer service for 20 minutes trying to get her to explain that one to me. I told her I already know that it goes to the CEO's mega yacht but she kept putting all kinds of spin on the explanation.

14. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I live in Erie also! I think the Bills game is showing on FOX and the Steelers game will be on CBS.

15. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I'd go with the live feed. Going to a sports bar with Sunday Ticket lets you watch the Steelers game, but the audio is tuned to another game. It also sucks having to step outside for a cigarett.

16. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
  17. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Iowasteeljim, with all the rain lately you wouldn't even break a bone... LOL. That is why I have the ticket. Can't stand the local teams or the crap we are forced to watch on a weekly basis. This way the only time I have to listen to Nantz and Sims is when they do Steeler games. Otherwise I purposely tune out.

I agree it sucks that DirecTV has a monopoly on this. They are the only game in town and know it. And people like myself would pretty much pay anything to keep viewing the Steelers!

18. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    If the game is on your local CBS affiliate, and DTV dropped your locals, couldn't you pick the locals up with an aerial antenna?
    Every time I turn around I keep dropping my tv package. I don't even get ESPN anymore. Everything I watch I can get on the Roku or Netflix, for the most part. The only reason I keep any tv package is because it's cheaper with a bundle then to just drop it and have internet separate.

19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If we think the DTV Sunday Ticket prices are high now - just wait until the new billion dollar new contract kicks in next year or so with the NFL. Might have to choose between Steeler games on DTV and my mortgage. Wonder if I can hook up my dish down under the bridge?

20. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Seriously??? I'm in OH too. Been extra excited about this season and going to be seriously pissed if I don't get to see the opener.

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm afraid that if I picked up DirecTV the local bars would go out of business. I have to do my part to keep the economy rolling (the sacrifices I make)!

22. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I can't bring myself to watch the Steeler games outside of my home. This way I can swear, pace, throw things(rarely), and ***** in the comfort of my own home where just my family views me as nuts... :)

23. GravelGod

GravelGod Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    I called both DirecTV and the local CBS channel here in Columbus Oh, and gave them an earful, the CBS station is still blocked and will be broadcasting the game. I asked DirecTV since they were in a pissing match, would the game be able to be seen on the Direct TV channels, which they said no. Both ends are putting the fans in the middle and blaming each other for the "inconvenience". If things aren't settled by kick off, no game unless we watch it away from DirecTV, and BTW, no refunds or credit.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I've been a DTV customer for about 10 years, never had a problem with them. The enjoyment I get from being able to watch every Steelers game (even when they cause me to pull my hair out) is completely worth the price.