1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Emmanuel Sanders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Boot55, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    This guy seems to have found a connection with Payton and Den's Offense. ES has been balling in Den this preseason, looking like he might replace Wes in the slot and post big numbers for the year. I guess, Im trying to wrap my head around why TH never let Sanders develop into the player he is becoming in Den. Any of you guys feel me on this......

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's more than just Haley. Part of it is that Manning is going to make Sanders look better than he really is. Their offense is far better than ours in every way. Also, Sanders has Demaryius and Julius being watched carefully by the defense so he has more room to work. Plus it's preseason. Let's see what he does in the regular season before we crown him.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think it's because he's back in the slot instead of a #2 receiver. he always ran good routes which is more up peytons alley than bens. just a better fit in that type of offense and at that position. if we had a true number two and he played slot last year, I think we would have seen a better ES here too. I have no ill feelings toward manny. he won't be healthy all season. at least he never was here.:cool:

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    yeah I agree 18 makes no name wrs GREAT which is what ES is....then they leave and become no name guys again

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep. Let's see what Decker does in NY with Geno Smith throwing him the ball this season.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree with Shaner on this one. I'm not sure Haley should shoulder too much of the blame. He wasn't the one dropping the balls sent his way, after all.

We should maybe revisit this in a few weeks time though, and see how he's doing then. I'm not saying he won't be tearing up the league, but it's always difficult to tell just based on preseason.

7. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    also keep in mind that early on sanders struggled with injury........ last season was his first full season.. given full health from the beginning and he might've developed to the point that we keep him and ab together

8. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wasn't ES's main problem the drops? I feel like bad hands are bad hands regardless of QB

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    yeah that's it, he hae bad hands with 3 drops last year. :facepalm:

10. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Sanders got a lot of flack around here, but hes better than any wr the Steelers have right now not named AB.

Sanders will finish the season with around 10 tds and close to a 1000 yards. i know Manning makes wr's look very good, but the potential for Sanders to very special was already there.

11. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know the Peyton and Tom Brady have a tendency to make receivers look really good, but we can't all lie to ourselves. These receivers that they make better are not lacking talent, usually they are pretty decent before they ever make it to these teams. It's just some don't come from teams with a great QB who distributes the ball well. Danny Amendola was injured a lot too and also had to deal with Bradford being hurt all the time, so he dealt with a back up QB a lot... Now with a good and healthy QB, he does well for himself...Some people talk on here like if they were to be on the broncos or the pats as a WR that they would put up amazing numbers. These guys are good route runners, have speed and/or height and usually decent hands. Sanders was good, had some injury trouble but that's just bad luck. He will more than likely flourish in mannings offense, but as stated earlier by someone, he also has the Thomas's on that team who will gain a lot of attention, so I'm sure ES will have his chances. But for those who say Peyton or Brady can take no name wr's and make them big, just ask yourself if Limas Sweed would have became anything with them...

12. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Sanders caught a pass in exactly 1 preseason game.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He's has five catches this preseason, how the heck is that Balling?
    Where does this stuff come from?

14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Peyton and Brady run offenses different from ours though. On our team Sanders was running 10-15 yard routes often.

I haven't seen Sanders this year, but Peyton and Brady like to throw those 5-7 yard passes that are designed to have a lot of YAC potential.

15. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think Decker will do ok, he was good at Minn in college too. But I do agree Manning makes everyone better, even running backs. How did James do with the Cardinals?

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Ya know, when I read the original post, I didn't even verify that Sanders was in fact lighting it up, I just assumed the OP knew what he was talking about. Either way, it's pre-season. Lets wait until the regular season to see what Sanders does.

17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Sanders will look good in the Denver offense. There is tons of talent, it's one of the best in the league.
    Sanders biggest problem is usually staying healthy. He did have some injury problems in past years, although last year he was pretty good.

18. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Some of you guys are funny...Yes, it is preseason and to be real with you. I never even looked at the stats on ES. I saw few of their games on NFL network and Manny looked awesome in their Offense. You can see that the OC is trying to figure out what his new WR can do in their scheme bc Wes is on the way out, soon. So, for you guys that like stats...here you go... 5 Rec 128yards 2Tds 25.8 yds/ rec...Now, its preseason, so we are talking limited snaps here .....but if ES posted these numbers in a game ...YES...you would have said he was Balllll'n....Demaryius Thomas ...10 rec o tds 8.9 yrd/rec....Smh..O my, the OP does know what he is talking about:eek:....lol

19. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    He did do that in 1 game.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Funny? More like factual. He got those five passes in one game and yes he had 120 yards and a couple touchdowns that's awesome, but that's not tearin it up in the preseason where was he at in the other three games?

21. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    of course you want him to do good

you drafted him and half the Steelers too

22. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011
    for those of you who have selective memory, allow me to remind you that sanders was initially ahead of ab on the depth chart........ brown simply took advantage of sanders' injury to leapfrog him.... the injuries clearly stunted his development some...... as I said earlier, last season was sanders' first full, injury free yr.
    with peyton manning throwing to him, and the Thomas boys and wes welker out there drawing coverage, he's going to have some really wide open field in front of him

23. blackandgoldpatrol

Dec 5, 2011

lol....... yes, but I drafted him with the aforementioned reasons in mind

24. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    1 game...2 games...3 games...it dont matter, he balled out. Bottom line ,the kid is going to explode in that offense...and he's going to put some nice numbers up this year...

25. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    hold up a minute Brown also out worked him in every way. From the day brown showed up his work ethic was talked about you never that about Sanders. Brown is the better WR and you are kind of disrespecting him by saying he simply took advantage of an injury.