1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Blount a bad influence on Bell?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 29, 2014.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was listening to a Steelers podcast and they were saying Bell changed from last year, he was more engaging and willing to talk to the media now they're saying he acts like he doesn't want to be bothered. And they said there was a reason Blount is on his fourth team, maybe nothing to it the media does make up stories sometimes.

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've heard a lot of people suggesting Blount's a bad influence on him, but I think the truth is somewhere closer to them just having common interests.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Why is not engaging with the media a bad thing? Other than from the perspective of reporters?

Would Ryan Clark be a better influence? Or Rashard Mendenhall, maybe?

That's not in defence of Bell, of course - I have no idea whose influenced him. Just an odd thing to pick up on.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This, although I do think Blount is probably a giant Ahole and said so before he got arrested for pot. He had problems in college and has had his issues in the NFL.

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think he shares similar views as Harrison did. He has little or no time for people that don't play the game. Read an article about Blount filling the swagger role that has been missing since Porter was cut and mentioned how a minority owner for the Steelers(although still a ridiculously rich man) came in to the locker room after the Buffalo game and everyone was making time to talk to him and shake his hand. Blount grabbed his bag and left didn't want to be bothered by the guy. Just has that attitude of zero tolerance for anyone that doesn't fit his world view. So yeah basically comes off as an Ahole

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    bells a bad influence on bell.:cool:

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Their common interest is marijuana :dancing:

8. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Pretty sure that Bell's 1st time ever smoking pot wasn't the other day when he got arrested lol. Probably has been smoking for years, and Blount came along this year and when they met, they had a Hangover movie moment when Bell looked at Blount and said "I tend to think of myself as a loner, a one man wolf pack, and then the steelers signed you... And I said wait a second, could it be? And now I know for sure, I just added one more guy to my wolf pack"... Yep pretty sure that's how it went down

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't think grown men especially at the pro level could have people that are considered bad influences. They are there own person(s) . Nobody is to blame but Bell for being in a car and having pot on him before a preseason game. Just irresponsible. As for Bell not as approachable this year as last. Would you want to be around the media after you embarrassed yourself and the organization. I think you will see him become more approachable after a few games and the dust settles

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They said he was acting that way before the pot bust, so it has more to do with a personality change. I disagree grown men can have bad influences, like they say you are who you roll with.

11. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I fixed that typo there for ya TTF... no thanks required :cool:

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You might be putting the wrong spin on it, though. The media are vultures, they twist things around, stir up controversy where there is none, maybe this was happening to Bell because he was so open with them.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Well played, sir.

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    something or someone is being very

DOOBIOUS

15. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Bell is his own man, but I'd be willing to bet didn't no that either while being high. Dumb ass!

16. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    well, you still have your bong sitting on the dresser behind you in your avatar:huh:

17. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Like Shaner, I, too, thought Blount was a bad (or maybe unusual) acquisition for the Steelers. As far as Bell, when you make comments like "I didn't know that you could get a DUI for being high." I begin to question if he is smart enough to stay a Steeler for very long. Reference Santonio Holmes.

18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Try a fake plant fool! Wow, that really pissed me off! Bong? Not even close brother. I'm not a hypocrite and if that's a bong you need to get your lids lifted. This goes down as my first I guess personal bull**** flare up on a message board, and albeit with a guy who's thoughts I like! Man that was so left field!

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I haven't followed Blounts career, what kind of problems has he had in the NFL?

20. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Most younger guys here would call Lambert or Mean Joe a-holes today. I don't have a problem with Blount's football attitude.

21. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    lol
    reminded me of one I had
    it's always got my attention
    just fkn with ya

22. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    well lets hope Bell is different

Holmes smacked his bch up
    that'll get you 6 games today
    hoping they're not the same
    other than a little weed

23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually darcrav is a woman. I'm only telling you this because I thought Fear The Beard was a guy and was embarrassed when everyone laughed at me for not knowing. I could see how it would anger you for someone to call you a stoner though. LOL. But darcrav is really cool and always just jokes around. She is sorta like a female me but cooler. Honestly when I looked at that thing I thought it was one of those things that hold pictures in it and I thought the little things that held them were fish. I've never smoked pot in my life but maybe I need some to help my eyes? LOL.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That must have been the most festive looking bong of all time! :facepalm::facepalm::lolol:

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah he punched that guy in college and I'm almost positive he punched a guy on the Titans his rookie year and that's how he wound up in Tampa. He's like a loose cannon. Maybe he needs to smoke some... oh wait... I don't want to give him any ideas... LOL!