1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Josh Gordon's 1 Year Suspension Upheld

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Aug 27, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Josh Gordon's 1 year suspension is being upheld upon appeal.

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Suprised to hear this with as long as it was taking. I (along with just about every fantast football "expert") assumed it would have been reduced.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope LeVeon Bell is paying attention see what happens when you become a pothead, you screw up your career.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I also hope he is paying attention on how not to approach the appeals process. The idiot says he wishes the league would have exercised better judgement in handling his case. The league needs to exercise better judgement not him. Now that is rich.

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Exactly.
    Even if he is being truthful and it was second hand smoke, it shows a horrific lack of judgement placing yourself around second hand smoke. If I'm him and I know Im on my last chance, I'm avoiding ALL contact with the stuff, second hand or otherwise.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well at least he can still maybe be president someday. LOL.

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Why not? Our FIRST President grew the damned stuff. :D

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Sounds like you've been watching Dazed and Confused. HA!

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Never saw it. Just making a funny based on a historical fact. We'll forget for the sake of comedy that he grew it for the hemp. ;)

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL. Yeah. Hemp... HA! I was referring to a scene in that movie where this stoned teenager does a whole monologue about how George Washington smoked it so much that he grew it as a cash crop for the south and he said that every night when he would get home Martha Washington would have a bowl waiting for him. It's a really funny scene in the movie.

11. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I cant see Gordon keeping clean for the next year away from football. If he gets caught again in that time frame, will that effect his football status or will the NFL consider it a non issue since he is suspended?

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I think it will definitely effect his eligibility for reinstatement. Apparently he's considering trying to play in the CFL this season, though the Browns would have to give permission. Knowing how stupid the Browns are, they probably would.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I read a headline earlier that said he can't do that.

14. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, something about it being in his contract saying he couldn't play north of the border. I can't imagine the Browns would let him do that either, unless they just outright cut him.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    If I were him I would be jumping at the chance to play for a CFL team just to say I once played for a team that's NOT a total laughing stock.

16. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually, the CFL put a rule in place, saying they would not let a player that is under contract with an NFL team, play in their league.
    It was after an NFL player played there, under suspension, from the league a few years ago.
    I want to say Ricky Williams, but I don`t think that was the player...
    At any rate, it`s a shame, that it took this case to make Goodell, issue a statement saying they screwed up, on Ray Rice`s 2 game suspension, and they will NOW crack down on domestic violence/beating on women cases, in the future!!!:facepalm:
    Otherwise, they could be percieved as "soft"/"lenient"...
    And players would be better off to beat their wives/gf`s, than smoke a joint...
    Really, Rodge???!!
    Ya couldn`t figure that out in the first place???!!!:facepalm::thumbsdown::goodell::butcher:

17. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

took the words right out of my mouth

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    He'll get 6 games plus 3 more that Ray Rice should have had for a total of 9.