1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison visiting Pittsburgh West

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel_in_DC, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    making a visit out to Pittsburgh West ... aka the Arizona Cardinals

Wonder if this flips the switch with the PGH front office like it did w/Keisel.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, I guess that means he will be signing with the Steelers tomorrow :lolol:

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

you're probably right BF.:lolol::cool:

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    No I think this is just bait to get the Bills to sign him. LOL.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    [video=youtube;srw3RdiIlrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srw3RdiIlrQ[/video]

Here is my shocked face!!!

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol:

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think maybe Harrison burned some bridges on his way out from the Steelers. FWIW Ed Bouchette said awhile back that someone in the Steelers front office a decision maker didn't want Harrison back after he turned down their offer and went to the Bengals.

8. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I don't want that decision maker back. Let's trade him to the Bengals and then resign Harrison out of direction from our new 1st round pick decision maker. Although, it does normally take 3-5 years before a decision maker can contribute in our complex system, so let's not put too much pressure on him. Also if he struggles in the preseason with his decisions, have no fear, because it will have absolutely no bearing on the regular season.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I can think of a few more bridges to burn if we go 8-8 this year. Please bring Harrison back to replace Carter and that decision maker.

10. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
  11. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    In all honesty, I don't think we ever see JH sign with us unless it's a 1 day contract to announce his retirement and go out officially as a steeler... Well that barring injuries of course to our OLB's..

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Harrison left Arizona without a contract, his agent said they couldn't get the numbers to work. Really it's not like any other team is going to offer more than the veterans minimum.

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes he is retired according to his FB page

I have made the difficult decision to retire as of today. My love for my family and the need to be there for them outweighs my desire to play the game. I have missed too many experiences with them because I devoted SO much time to my career. My love for the game isn't strong enough to make up for missing one more birthday or first day of school. I am retiring as a man who is truly grateful for all of his blessings. I am sincerely thankful to the people who have supported me over the years, first and foremost my family, the Rooney family and my Steeler family, also Mr. Brown, the Bengals organization and fans, and last but FAR from least, Steeler Nation. Thank you.