1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ike Taylor struggles

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Aug 21, 2014.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If the refs call the regular season like they're calling the preseason I guarantee he will get called for 3-4 penalties a game. It will be frustrating because those penalties will keep drives alive.

2. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It won't just be him though. It's going to be all the corners who are halfway decent. It's bull**** watching these guys get called for this petty stuff. It completely infuriates me. It's gonna be a long season for defenses!

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The penalties are ridiculous and any fan worth their weight in stacked crap will save their dough and it will hurt the league. Attendance is already down because of this commish as well as the economy, but if the regular season plays out like this flag fest... People will take notice.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You think only 3-4 flags a game? If I'm the opposing QB, I'm throwing at "yellow flag" every play! Worst that could happen is, he steps in front of one. Of course, with his hands, he'll drop it!

5. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    This game was slowed down by at least 20 minutes with penalties that were not. I'll preface this with the Steelers did benefit from penalties that did not occur although we seem to be watched a lot closer than the eagles.

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Very true Dob

I know I just dropped a **** load of cash to come to the Burgh to see Tampa and already regretting it lol

Bman

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    It was slowed down which brings up an interesting point. Most games fall within the 3 hour mark.. Will be interesting to see with all of the penalties and illegal hand bull**** how they get it done in time lol

Ya know they are not going to put in less commercials lol

Bman

8. SteelTerp

SteelTerp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pretty sure the economy is doing quite well..

attendance is down because of the comfort of the at home experience

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Very often attendence is related to not economy but moreso how a team is doing. The Superbowl as an example sells out at ridiculously high prices year in and year out. Ticket prices are running in the thousands of dollars per. There never seems to be any lack of money.

The problem stems from performance. If a team is not doing well you will see a decline in attendance particularly in Pittsburgh.. I am sure other nfl teams suffer the same affliction but I can tell you this. If the Steelers were having a good bout of success i.e. 10-6 or 11-5 season there would be no decline in sales..

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    For me personally the rules changes that favor offense and the phasing out of the run game in favor of spread offenses actually does make me watch less football (even at home). The game has changed institutionally in the last decade and not for the better. High scoring games may draw new casual fans, but it does nothing for me when it takes away competitive balance between offense and defense.

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup. That is precisely what it does Ender. Here in Canada we have something called the CFL. You may have heard of it? The CFL has 3 downs instead of 4 so there is not much running to set up the pass. Basically you have QBs throwing every down. For me it's not something I like.. I love a good running game..

12. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    The economy is doing quite well?!?!?

LOL

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Define well