1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

DHB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Aug 17, 2014.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Even though he did not make the play his Athletic skills where on display. I once again was Impressed with his Speed.

On the Jones fumble the guy would have scored if not for the speed of DHB . The ground he covered on that play only a few people in the NFL could or would have tried to cover.

He showed me 2 things on that play that he is still super fast and he is willing to give max effort..IMO those 2 things will get him a spot on this Team .

Heck if he can just learn to catch the 9 route he could be a serious weapon. He also is by far the best blocking WR we have I know some think he wont make the Team . IMO Not only will he make the Team he will also contribute in a big way esp. in the running game.

2. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would be shocked if he makes the team. He still has two games to show what he is worth. I was hoping he would live up to the billing. Him, AB and Wheaton would be unstoppable. How many receivers do we keep on the 53?
    AB, Wheaton, Moore, Bryant and Justin Brown are locks. Do we keep 6 ? We shall see.

3. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    If he can run a WR screen and play special teams, he's golden.

4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Has he done any of the "receiving part" of being a wide receiver yet?
    At this point. I don't think he makes it.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    No - if he's a safety and wears 21, he's golden.

DHB's effort has impressed me - and surprised me, tbh - but as I've said in another thread, we need to seem some better passes getting thrown to them, and mixing up some of these fringe players in with first team sets to see what they could contribute in the regular season.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They have to go with 6 in order for DHB to make it and then he'll have to beat out Moye too. Long shot at this point. I've been rooting for him though.

7. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I see why they signed him, but at the moment I don't think he makes it. I would love to see them pull off a trade. Use him to get either another Olineman or a RB you can use for something other than special teams only.

8. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    Why? There's really nothing special around him. Everyone is excited about Bryant, but he's raw as sushi, and Brown may have improved from last season, but does that make him an NFL WR? Moye? IMO DHB hasn't done anything, but he's already got a resume (both good and bad) so he has less to prove.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Stone hands, thats why. Has to prove he can catch, IMO. No way do I give up on JB who is catching everything thrown his way, Bryant has star potential, want to risk losing that on the PS? About the only guy I'd be ok with losing for DHB is Moye.

10. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    As of right now, I would keep Moye over DHB.

11. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Blazing speed, can run like a receiver but has trouble catching the ball...
    Maybe the Steelers are looking in the wrong place for Ike's replacement.

12. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    You know, you maybe on to something there. Sometimes, the obvious is missed by all. Wonder how well he would do covering?

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not sure j. brown is a lock.:cool:

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  15. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Probably not worse than our 2nd/3d string CB`s...:hmmm: ;):lolol: :yeehaw:

16. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I would like to see his play improve in the next 2 games before I say lock, but he would be on my roster right now over DHB.

17. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    I was thinking the same thing. Also that Lance Moore isn't showing too much.

I expect to see A. Brown, M. Wheaton and M. Bryant on the field very soon a whole lot. But I don't know how they would be set. Would Wheaton, who has been one of my favorite players, be limited in this setup? What I mean is are these players interchangeable. Since that Lance Moore is always referred to as a slot receiver. If he is not in there who would be the slot guy of the three I mentioned.

Moye and J. Brown are still projects to me. I do recall noticing DHB during the first viewing of the game. But since then I have watched the game a dozen times but can't get past the early parts since I am so amazed at the play of the new guys. But tomorrow I will finish this game up and finalize my own opinions. But I do think that DHB is caught in the numbers game even if he is more advanced than Moye or J. Brown.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It looks like the WR position battle will be won in practice at Latrobe and not on the game field for us to witness. Oh well hopefully may the best man win.Our poor QB's have no time to get the ball to these receivers. Poor poor OL depth.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    While we are talking about trades Looking at our LB corp.We should be able to get another player
    of some value at a position of need from this
    group. The LB corp is loaded, only so many will be able to stay?

20. contract

Jan 11, 2014
    Neither am I. There's nothing special about him, and he doesn't seem good enough at being average for it to mean much. I won't say that he's a dime a dozen, but certainly a quarter a dozen.

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think DHB played well enough on Special Teams and with his Hustle plays he earned himself some 1st. Team snaps on the coverage units. Interesting he is the only WR on any of those units.

I also think Coach T had him running with the scrubs early in camp to make him dig deep. IMO had he not got hurt he would have got more 1st. Team reps.

Moye and Brown and Moore have all been playing a lot of slot. So its not really a competition between DHB and those guys. Bryant is just not ready IMO so DHB is our primary BU on the outside.

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    brown played well early last year too, only to fade somewhat later in the preseason. I see that as happening again so far. I think DHB will get some more reps with the 2nd unit this week.

they have been throwing to moye a good bit the last couple of weeks and the earlier weeks to brown. DHB was injured so it's his turn and then they will put all of it together to make a decision.

I could see brown or moye or (his name has slipped away at this time, the kid on the PS last year), but he also looked pretty polished last week near the end of the game going to the PS, or maybe two of them. lock for brown though, I don't think yet.:cool:

23. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Kashif Moore?

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that's it. thanks TTF. he runs some pretty precise routes.:cool:

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Most people don't think any 6th rd pick is special, people probably thought even less of AB, at least JB has height.