1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NFL in full blown back-peddle over the Rice suspension!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Lizard72, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    All I have to say is Goodell screwed the pooch on this one! Stephen A. getting suspended over comments and now you got Rice on another press conference apologizing and calling his wife an Angel! (Without the cell phone notes of course)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000371979/article/ray-rice-my-actions-were-totally-inexcusable

This is what he should have done before.

And now this Goodell defending it:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000372634/article/roger-goodell-defends-ray-rice-suspension

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    What a bunch of crap. When Ben was suspended, he showed good behavior, and had his sentence reduced from 6 to 4 games. So now Goodell says Rice showed good behavior and thus only gives him 2 to begin with. Goodell is clearly playing favorites and trying to defend a very bad decision on his own part.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm with you. For the amount of major media attention this thing has gotten, you'd think he would have gotten more. The NFL page and channel have certainly back-burnered it!

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As I said on in the thread in the Steelers forum I think the league miscalculated just how much of an insult to women groups and women in general the whole thing would be and their attempts to minimize it have back fired severely. They are going to have pay some serious money to pro women's groups to mend the image. Goodell is worried about tarnishing the shield and his weak attempt at a punishment did more than Rice's actions did.