1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Camp Notes

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Totally agree. I'm loving this years team so far.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope Adams doesn't start at all this season.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    More camp notes.

http://espn.go.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/7834/odds-and-ends-from-steelers-camp

I haven't allowed myself to get too excited this season for Tuitt, I think he was a huge steal and am very excited to see him in year two but have been hearing a lot of good things about his progress. I've been using Heyward as a measuring stick and how it took him 3 years to really come into his own but does anyone think Tuitt can make an impact sooner? How do those two compare at the college level, who do you think the better player is?

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think it's a different situation with tuitt and heyward. heyward was far better coming out of college and I don't think his game really took all that time in learning here. he had players in front of him. tuitt has cam Thomas. ziggy was forced into service and kept, while cam heyward was as good from day one as him. they stayed with the guy with more experience and that was at cams expense. tuitt should see more time on the field quicker. I'd guess in more of a ziggy role when smith got hurt. I don't have a lot of faith in cam Thomas.:cool:

7. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Agree!!

Cajun-

8. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    It looks like we'll see a lot of Tuitt game 1. He probably won't start play one but I have a hunch he will start very shortly into the season. The pre season games should confirm this.

There was a nice piece on him being interviewed by Missy Matthews on steelers.com. It looks like her and Labriola are doing the camp show. Good! Last year with Lab and Prisuto it was way too much talk. She is good and keeps the blab down to a minimum showing the action more. I was surprised Tuitt is only 21 years old. He sure is looking like a real deal.

There are 12 players on the D line depth chart. This is going to be a tough one to finalize.
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD]LDE [/TD]
    [TD]96[/TD]
    [TD]Thomas, Cam U/SD [/TD]
    [TD]91[/TD]
    [TD]Tuitt, Stephon 14/2 [/TD]
    [TD]71[/TD]
    [TD]Mauro, Josh CF14 [/TD]
    [TD]79[/TD]
    [TD]Hemer, Ethan CF14 [/TD]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="bgcolor: #E9ECF3"]
    [TD]NT [/TD]
    [TD]90[/TD]
    [TD]McLendon, Steve CF09 [/TD]
    [TD]74[/TD]
    [TD]McCullers, Daniel 14/6 [/TD]
    [TD]92[/TD]
    [TD]Fangupo, Loni W/Sea [/TD]
    [TD]65[/TD]
    [TD]Lapuaho, Al SF14 [/TD]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [TD] [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]RDE [/TD]
    [TD]97[/TD]
    [TD]Heyward, Cameron 11/1 [/TD]
    [TD]91[/TD]
    [TD]Williams, Nicholas 13/7 [/TD]
    [TD]69[/TD]
    [TD]Arnfelt, Brian CF13 [/TD]
    [TD]62[/TD]
    [TD]Philon, Roy CF14 [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Other than Tuitt standing out another surprise to me was the little talk on Brian Arnfelt, who was last years camp head turner. Also Nick Williams has been quiet . There are 4 other new guys there this year and all are good. I have a hunch that Ethan Hemer will make some noise in the pre season.

Anyhow, that is what I took from the various reports coming in from at camp observers. btw: another surprise for me was the excellent reports from that bleacher site. Usually, I don't even look at it but this year it is very extensive and loaded with info on every position battle. Worth a look!

Hmm! Anyway you slice it, if Fango goes there will be at least 4 or 5 new names on the Final D line. Interesting!

9. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Based on what I have read, you have N. Williams and Brian Arnfelt reversed on the depth chart.

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that was my thinking too, tar.:cool:

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Josh Mauro could be a sleeper pick up.