1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

shaq richardson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jul 30, 2014.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    for all the we didn't get a cb guys out there. it seems shaq is having quite a nice mini camp and camp so far. :cool:

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He's talented watching him in the PAC against my ducks and the other rivals showed it! He just has to want it and then earn it. He can be a good'n!

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not impressed yet we need to see what he can do in a real game first.

4. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Yup shaq and many others!

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Absolutely, but positive reviews like the ones he's getting are the first step. It's pretty rare a guy does great in the games after going completely under the radar in practice. This is an encouraging sign that he'll show up in those preseason games, and hopefully have an impact his rookie year like Cortez did.

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, I am thrilled to hear this!

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope he keeps it up, the CB position seems to be the hardest position for the Steelers to find and develop. In 2015 Shaq will have to be ready to play a big role, Ike won't be back and Cortez is a free agent.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Rumors have it that Steelers do not like
    Cortez Allen? Maybe they will let him walk
    also?

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Where did you hear that, out of interest?

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I keep my ear pretty close to the ground, but I have never heard anything like that.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I saw that article a few days ago on Yahoo, some writer who doesn't cover the team wrote it.

12. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    There also was a comment made by Ed Bouchette on the local CBS sports talk show. He said "The Steelers are also are facing some decisions on guys in the final year of their contract, like their top corner Cortez Allen.“I am under the impression they are unlikely to sign any of them,” Bouchette said. “There is not a real high opinion on Cortez Allen and I don’t see them signing him.”

But I got the impression he's talking they're not interested in giving him say big bucks like that Seattle guy that had a big year last year or Revis if he was right type money. But not interested period I don't buy.

Anyway, it is really much too early for even giving that a thought.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If Cortez has a good season I'm sure they will change their mind, he's the best CB they got

14. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    After the Lewis debacle, if Cortez lives up to his play ability I hope they sign him.

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    My gosh if the give up on Cortez that doesn't leave much of a foundation after Ike's time is up.

I went to camp thus weekend. I didn't see Shaquille, someone said he isn't even ruining with second team cb's????

16. Chainmover1

Jan 3, 2014
    Yeah! I don't get it. I have also been hearing some favorable reports on him and would like to see what they are talking about. But, the camp video coverage is really not very good. Oh, they show some clips where the guys are standing around and they blah blah over them but watching and seeing any real action is near zero. At least from the clips I have seen. I am now wondering if there are not some restrictions on what is allowed to be filmed. I have never seen any of those 7 on 7 drills they talk about. Anyway macdaddyo said:

"for all the we didn't get a cb guys out there. it seems shaq is having quite a nice mini camp and camp so far. :cool:

I heard that and really tried to find something to back it up. I do think he could be a valid pick as opposed to last years miss on I forgot the DB's name. But it looks like the only chance to see anything real for us casual fans is to wait for the pre-season games. I recall liking what Richardson showed in clips during the draft and have a hunch he is going to fit in quite nicely. Lordy Lord whenTF are these preseason games starting?

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    93,7 the fan going to work the other morning,
    I too was shocked to hear?

18. Chainmover1

Jan 3, 2014
    In case anyone noticed I mentioned that I was not too thrilled with the video coverage of the camp. But it is like that every year. They just do not show anything of any real value. Has anyone actually seen any clips on this CB or any other one for that matter covering anyone? They must be out there but even on youtube I am not seeing them. A good example of what I am anxious to see is some film on the DL.

In case anyone has noticed, there are 12 players listed on the depth chart. Now if Fango goes which is possible, there will be 4 and possibly 5 new names on the final 53. I think I posted that complete depth chart somewhere else so I will not repost it. While finalizing this group will probably not be hard it is a fact that 4 or 5 names will be players not here last year. [Neither Nick Williams or Brian Arnfelt were factors in the final 53] Incidentally, Pit carried 7 DL in 2010 and 2012 but 6 in 2011 and last year 2013 too.

Reason for this curiousity is there are a couple guys there that are usually considered camp fodder that I would like to see for myself. One is Ethan Hemer. This kid was ranked #78 predraft. But I was looking at his profile and noticed that almost none of the top 20 DT ranked by nfldraftscout.com had any numbers [bench, vert, jump] better than him. His 3cone #'s were also better than most of the top 10. He is pretty big. And as I mentioned those videos only show people standing around and while lMcCullers is a king size giant this kid is no midget. His KEI is close to 70 which is where top 5 picks usually are around. Now I'm thinking if he can at least move he might be another sleeper.

The point here is none of these 12 except for Tuitt[who is outstanding and was actually shown in some action] are on any meaningful videos. Sure, we will get to see these players a little during the preseason games. But they will be up against 4th and 5th string scrap and no real evaluation is possible. I really am wondering why they do not show any of these action drills on TV or in amateur camp videos? Does anyone know if there are restrictions on what fans can videotape? What am I trying to say here is, I am starting to wonder if Pit is giving some of these guys a fair shake at making the team or is it cut and dried who they keep.

Since Friday night they had that goal line drill I decided to take a look at it and went to the recent videos on the official site. Wow! I looked at all those videos covering it and figured I would have to cancel this post. Then I started looking at them. Great titles and all but unfortunately nothing more. Even the video with Missy Matthews that I praised a few days ago showed nothing and it was quite lengthy. Fortunately, I found out that you can grab the start button thing and slide it down to see what is coming up. All in all there were about and hour or more of clips and probably 60 seconds of them showed action. One showed Polamalu catching a pass? And a couple of times some guys were standing around.

I will waste no more time with that nonsense. Soon the games will start. But as I said how fair is that to some of these players who will not get to show their stuff against first line players? Maybe in the camp though they are kicking butt against front line players but it sure is being kept secret.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

the patriots site probably has them.:smiley1::cool:

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    On the Steelers.com site it tends to be more of them sitting at a desk talking, than showing video highlights of the action.

21. Chainmover1

Jan 3, 2014
    mac daddyo said "the patriots site probably has them.:smiley1::cool:"

Funny you should say that. This actually happened.

In my post I said Pit carried 7DL and 8 LB in 2011 etc etc. To find this info I needed the opening day gamebooks. Recently I upgraded my PC and no longer had the saved gamebooks. So I had to refind them. I did some Googles like Steelers Gamebook vs Denver Sep 9 2012 and several others. Nothing. But I noticed about 7 hits down on one search Gamebook: Patriots @ somewhere and the date. So I did another Google using the same format.

Gamebook: Falcons @ Steelers September 12 2010. Bingo! You know, if I don't see that hit I'd probably still be looking.

I bet they have more videos on all these new Steelers than Pit itself.:smiley1: