1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tunch praises Moats

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Tunch thinks Moats will be a natural in the 3-4. I have a ton of respect for Tunch so I'm very glad to read this.

Have to tip my cap to Mac if Moats does indeed make an impact here, pretty sure he's been in Moats camp since we signed him. :hello:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ng-heads-at-pittsburgh-steelers-training-camp

The article goes on to signal out 3 other players who are making an impression, JB, Archer and Shazier.

I must be drowning in koolaid because I am getting stoked for this season :herewego:

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Fan them flames brother I'm with ya. Let's go Steelers!

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I feel your stokedness. I want more from camp. I want video evidence. I want a game against another team. I want these guys to quit getting hurt already. thats like 8-9 guys sitting out already. do they stretch at all? for coming in healthy to camp, we went downhill quick. you can't make the club from the tub. at least adams is out there getting an azz whoopin and not sitting out. he's at least going to fight for a spot. good enough or not. I like that at least.

I figured moats would become much better under a team that knows pass rushing OLB'ers and how to coach them. that's his spot, not ILB or a 4-3 OLB. he's a 3-4 OLB. the dude's built well. he's got a little of that JH look to him, size wise at least. we can bring out his skills here. a clear case of being played out of position at buffalo.:cool:

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Moats the player you were least excited about the Steelers signing, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 4-5 sacks as a backup OLB.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, it was completely a ho-hum signing to me and he hasn't done anything yet but as I explained, I was happy to read Tunch say that, sorry, but Tunch has a little more clout then you. I would love nothing more then for Moats to light it up.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I too will defer to Tunch's opinion but tempered with the fact that training camps are littered with guys who showed promise the first week of camp practicing against their own teammates and then once the preseason games started that spark didn't translate on the field. I hope he does thrive but I also hope they don't have to depend on it.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he's looking good now and with beefalo coming in, I think he'll look a lot better. he may be showing a pride thing during that time.

I like guys with a chip on their shoulders and I think that radiates to the others. to a point I see a lot of our vet backups taking on a leadership role. Wallace- line intensity. moats- intensity and drive. DHB- mental help. will allen- diversity. gay- drive and knowledge.

I like what I've been hearing about these guys so far. we may or may not have to count on them this year, but it's nice to know we have them and they are helping us get better.:cool:

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're right I don't have any clout, just knowledge :lolol:

9. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I must admit I am letting the hype get to me also. Division winners and playoffs. Good thing about Moats. I'm a little bit apprehensive about Worilds/Jones ability to stay injury free.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope you're right, if can play as good as Tunch is implying, then maybe we won't need to bring JH back ;)

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He looked good at times, Howard Jones has looked good at times to, Chris Carter has stiff competition.