1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mstng1863, Jul 28, 2014.

1. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    From NB C Sports, thoughts?
    [h=1]"Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than Ben[/h] Posted by Michael David Smith on July 28, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
    [​IMG] Getty ImagesEmmanuel Sanders arrived in Denver this offseason after four years in Pittsburgh. He immediately noticed a big difference between Peyton Manning and Ben Roethlisberger.
    Sanders said on 104.3 The Fan in Denver that Manning’s leadership and determination to win goes far beyond that of Roethlisberger or any other teammate Sanders has ever had.
    “I feel like Peyton is a far better leader, in terms of staying after practice, catching balls, wanting guys to get on the same page with him, things of that sort,” Sanders said. “This is the first time that I’ve had a quarterback that every single day after practice — no matter what his accolades, NFL MVP, Super Bowl ring — he keeps guys like me and [rookie receiver Cody] Latimer after practice. . . . He’s not one of those guys you’ve got to chase down. He’s going to be right in the same spot, ready to work, every single day. I just feel like that’s a difference from a mental standpoint.”
    Sanders said he views Roethlisberger as a winner, too, and he enjoyed their time as teammates. But he’s enjoying his time with Manning even more.
    “I’ve got so much love for Ben,” Sanders said. “At the same time, I’m not going to lie. I’m happy to be part of this organization and happy that Peyton is my quarterback.”
    Those comments will surely be received better in Denver than in Pittsburgh."

2. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Got to luv Individuality.. i'm sure if Ben and Peyton's attributes were listed one is going to fall short to the other somewhere on the chart. K not much here going back to sleep! :yawn:

3. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    My thought is that Manny Sanders will drop the pass that costs Peyton another trip to the Super Bowl.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    My thoughts- Emmanuel Sanders wants some face time and knows what to say to get it. He's been waiting to drop that sound bite for a little while I'd imagine. His handlers probably figured his Klout score was getting low and devised a plan to get his name in headlines.

For me, he can say whatever he wants. What he says stopped mattering once he signed with the Donkeys.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It would be even more poetic if it happens against the Steelers.

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    2 is better than 1, screw Sanders

7. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Mediocre receiver craving the lime light.

8. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    He just hates that he's no longer a Steeler and this is his way of expressing anger for not being resigned

oh well... Go Steelers!!!

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Then he should have made it harder on them to part ways and not be so badly out performed by our 6th round pick.

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Pretty much stating the obvious to me. Not really going to knock on Big Ben but 99 out of a 100 people can probably see that Peyton Manning puts in more effort to game preparedness than about any other athlete in any other sport. As far as I can tell he really doesn't have much of a life outside of football besides pumping out a commercial or two per year. If I were the guy conducting the interviiew I would have had difficulty not telling Sanders "No Duh".

All that preparedness still doesn't stop Manning from choking in big games. With that regard, I take Ben every season over Peyton.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's weak, Sanders is kissing up to Manning to get passes thrown his way. And AB is a better WR than Sanders good riddance.

12. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone one else find it funny he says," keeps guys like me and a rookie" after practice. I don't here welker or thomas and thomas staying after haha. That's cause you SUCK!!!

13. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    He probably fell down as he was speaking to the reporter!

14. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Indeed, what's overlooked in what Sanders said is that Peyton goes above and beyond everyone else, not just Ben.

15. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Or he will make a catch and have nothing but the endzone in front of him and fumble the ball away even though no one touched him.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    many will do well with peyton. he's a good route runner and peyton is a by design qb. by the book, precision. if someone effects either his or mannys precision, then it takes them out of there comfort level.

ben however can win with down in the dirt grit and toughness and likes those receivers that will play the same way. no big deal that many feel that way. both ways can win. I prefer our way, but peyton is a great qb, there's no doubt about it. so is ben. :shrug::cool:

17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Emmanuel Sanders: Peyton is a far better leader than [insert every other quarterback that's ever played the game here].

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok I have to ask was anything he said here wrong? Now you can can say that you are offend that he thinks Peyton is a better leader than Ben but that is his opinion and everyone on this board will probably have a different one. None of the things he said are anything new or anything we haven't discussed over and over again. Manning prepares more than any QB out there, Ben relies on his talent and physical attributes. Manning can be rattled by sudden changes, Ben is at his best when there are sudden changes and he improvises. This is stuff we have gone over and over again.

The only new information is that Sanders likes Manning but anyone who watched Sanders last year knows he was a bit frustrated. Manning will give him enough work to keep him happy and the Steelers are probably better for not over paying him. I am never one to be happy about comp picks but if he does well then the Steelers will get something good out of it. To each his own.

19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This is exactly right. I don't know if Ben will ever make it to the HOF (I hope he does!!!) but I KNOW Peyton will. It is kind of like comparing a Bentley (Peyton) to a Corvette (Ben). Yeah one is a class above the other but would you turn either one down? Besides, that Corvette is one hell of a ride and in this case happens to be my favorite car!

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Both good QB's Peyton just happens
    to be 24/7. One of the reasons why he will
    go down as one of the greatest qb's ever.

21. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup, nothing to really see here. I'd be willing to bet Manning is probably one of the top five players all time when it comes to preparedness and working to perfect his craft. That's what makes Manning so good. Sure, he has the physical tools, but a lot of this game is mental, and he has that in spades. Except in the playoffs. :dancing:

22. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't think there was necessarily anything wrong with what he said.....BUT....he didn't have to say it.......yet he did.

23. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will take Ben's superbowl rings over Peyton's playoff failures. That being said Peyton Manning might go down as the greatest QB ever and is definitely in that discussion. To each his own. Sanders can say what he wants. Talk is cheap. Hopefully we get a chance to host him in late January and we can put another playoff disappointment on Peyton's resume.

I am pumped to see the Steelers get back to the top of the AFC this year!

24. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :lolol:

25. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Exactly. He chose to be a little *****.