1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

going to a visitor game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersSki, Jul 27, 2014.

1. SteelersSki

SteelersSki New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    hey everyone I'm going to the Steelers @ Carolina Panthers game on September 21 and I plan on tailgating before the game. Where do all the Steeler fans go to tailgate before the game?

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't know how much luck you'll have with this, I think there is one poster here who is from Carolina, goes by the name cajunyankee, maybe he can help you.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    They pretty much are all over the last time we wemt there was a big group at the parking lot closest to the stadium. I'm going back and forth on if im going or not. If I have to sit up high again forget about it. Also Tom Petty has been on my lists of shows to see for awhile now and he is in town the 18th so I have to decide. I also normally go home for a game every year so it really just depends

4. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    come on STEEL HURTIN

when you are in florida see Tom Petty

in north Carolina ITS JAMES TAYLOR

SHEEEESH

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Never really was a James Taylor fan.

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    In his MIND he's goin' to Carolina.....................

7. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Usually all over the place. Don't know of any particular Spot for a large group. The wife and I will be there for this game. Our hotel is a couple blocks from the stadium so we are just going to walk around and mingle with alot of Steeler fans. See what what we can see. If we see a big group, join in on the party! I cant wait!

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Being that there are lots of former PGH
    people (US AIR) living in the Charlotte area
    I think you will have any easy time hooking
    up in the Queen city. Matter of fact I wouldn't
    mind going to this one. 8 hr drive from here to
    Charlotte.

9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    There will be some tailgating is the various parking lots around the Stadium. Steeler Nation is strong here in Carolina and will be represented well. You'll find a number of tailgaters spread out so don't worry. I plan on being there, already have my tickets. Me, a good friend and our wives. If you here a women very loudly screaming.... "TROY!!!!".... it'll be my wife.

I also think Numbah58 is going to be there as well as Bignasty...sounds like TSF will be represented as well. Where's you seats? Nasty, where you sitting?

I'm in section 202, corner of the endzone.

Cajun-

10. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

Lynyrd Skynyrd!!!!!!

11. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Well damn I may have to go now. We should have a TSF tailgate. Yeah TTF that means you will have to drive down.

12. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    Not sure yet? My Boss says i can have there tickets for this game but dont know where they are located. If i cant get a definate answer from them soon i will be getting them on my own. Where did you get yours from cajun? (if you dont mind me asking)

13. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    panther fans are a riot! just hook up with some of them. they love it! great atmosphere and some even better people. a few knuckleheads but not many. enjoy that Carolina bbq

14. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    :herewego:Alright got my tickets today! Section 224. Anybody else plan on going to this game?? I cant wait!!:herewego:

15. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    GET OUT! JUST GET OUUUUUUUUUUUUUT!!! LOL! I was planning on going to this game but we are having revival at church around this time and I just can't get away. I can say though that pretty much all the away games I go to have Steeler fans all over the place tailgating and not just isolated to one single place or another.

16. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    That is the best way I think. I was at Barefoot landing in North Myrtle beach sitting in my truck listening to the game and had to Wiz. Walked to the store my wife was in and ask to use the head. Lady said we don't let people pee here try the bar a few doors down. Walked in and saw a bunch of Steeler fans and looked like I belonged there. Me sitting in the truck listening to the radio and the bar had NFL Sunday ticket. I smacked myself for that one

17. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm in Carolina but over by Camp LeJeune. Not going to that game.

18. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    Allright guys and gals. Its game week! Cant wait for Sunday nite to get here and be cheering on our boys in person!!! Whats everyones plan on gameday when they get there???

19. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like the French Quarter. It's right near the stadium prices are good ,food is good, i plan on pre gaming there I think. Beer like 3 bucks compared to 8 in stadium.lo

20. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    Sounds nice. I've only been to this stadium once and it was several years ago. We tailgated in parking lot that year. This year our hotel is right near the stadium so plan on grabbing a few beers and see whats going on around the stadium.

21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    French Quarter is nice the Burgers are very juicy. I think they even have a large long island iced tea for like 9 bucks...They have a website frenchquartercharlotte.com .You can check it out a bit.I have hung out there like 5 or 6 times.

22. Panther Bry

Panther Bry New Member

Sep 16, 2014
    There are many lifelong Steelers fans in Charlotte. That's the problem with a relatively young franchise such as Carolina. Not many 2nd generation fans. Most of downtown turns into tailgating and most people just want to have a good time. Most are cool about sharing food and drink as well. Have a good time.

23. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    Looks like a pretty neat place. The wife and I might have to check it out?

24. bignasty92

Oct 26, 2011
    Anyone sat in the club level at a panthers game? Just wandering about the steelers fans and the wine and cheese crowd from the panthers. I got a chance to sit there Sunday night and now i cant decide which would be better? 20yd line club seats row 18, or 1st row corner end zone seats??

25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am always in the Silver Club seats the Panthers added some huge Jumbo Trons the view is nice from the Silver club, plus Bathrooms are close and if you get hungry or thirsty you are just steps away...I usually come in full and drunk and just need the rest rooms..lol