1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ray Rice gets two games - Ben gets 6 reduced to 4 - discuss

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HawkeyeJames, Jul 24, 2014.

1. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Further proof Roger Goodell is a joke of a commissioner! And another reason to hate the Ratbirds!!!!:herewego!:

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Way to send a message that it's better to knock women oit then be accused of something.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  5. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I would love to go kick Ray and Roger in the dingding. Way to go Rog.

6. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Sounds like Goodell has switched to handing out punishment according to Sharia law.

:tomato:

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There is no punishment for hitting women, or anything else other than drugs. The punishment is for negative attention brought to the league. Ben's accusation - true or false - was on NFL Network 'round the clock, and it was also on the evening news a couple times, that I saw. As far as I know, Rice never got more than a crawl on the bottom off the screen. Beats me how all that works, how they decide who to pummel into the ground and who to let skate by. But that's how it is.

Oh, Michael Vick also got a 2 game suspension. But he got 2 preseason games as well! More than fair.

8. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Sadly, you're right. Its all about perception. Ray Rice was barely a blip on the radar in the mainstream, so the punishment was less.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  10. HawkeyeJames

Oct 26, 2011
    The really sad part is Justin Blackmon is getting as much or more press for being caught with possession of marijuana. Yes it is illegal to smoke etc. but it isn't like he was hurting anyone at the time other than himself. Ray drops his financee, drags her into an elevator and out of it and looks like he doesn't care. Blackmon with previous bad marks for drug use is suspended indefinitely. Ray gets two regular season games.

Not sure I understand the logic on this one...

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Didn't Santonio get 4 games for pot, too? I understand it's against the rules, but yeah, what about punching a woman unconscious?

12. HawkeyeJames

Oct 26, 2011
    Maybe the kinder gentler NFL is all about taking the big hits off the field and putting them into the real world... Who knows but not a good message to be sending to your fan base in my opinion.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I knew there'd be a thread about this the moment I heard this announced earlier today :lolol:

The fuhrer proved long ago, there is no consistency with the suspensions he hands out. Doesn't get me riled anymore.

As far as Bens suspension goes, turns out to be the best thing to happen to him, as :bscow: as it was.

14. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I could not believe it when i heard it this afternoon. Caught red-handed, and this is it?. What a great message to send out to all the kids who love this game of football. Its a damn shame!

15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I honestly couldn't care less.

16. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Especially king Roger...

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :goodell:

At least the two games are Cincy and Pittsburgh!

18. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Did we expect anything else out of King Rog?

The guy doesn't give a hoot about the actual game of football and cares even less about the players that make him a boatload of $...

He's a flippin' idiot.

19. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    James Harrison gets a one game suspension for hitting paid players. Ray Rice gets two games for hitting a woman senseless. Yeah that seems fair.

20. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He messed up bad. There was a writer saying how the NFL is a hypocrite. On one hand you sell millions and millions of pink jerseys for breast awareness, but you won't bring the hammer down on domestic violence against females. smh

21. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Why is everyone upset? It's 2 more games than Ray Lewis got. Goodell is finally cracking down on the Ravens.

22. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Sadly, if he'd never been caught dragging her to the room, she'd have probably not married him or he might have done it again at a later date.

Look at Tiger Woods, he got hit by his wife and tried to leave the situation. Somehow he's a horrible person and scum of the Earth, he could have easily grabbed that club and smacked her back! It was OK for her to attack him because of the cheating and the feminists were fine with what she did.

The Ben situation is always considered 2 accusations. Even though the first girl had text messages bragging about hooking up with him!

I would have though with all the anti-abuse PSA's he'd have gotten 4 games, but since his story wasn't plastered all over the media outlets, he gets a pass. If the DA had come out and put all the evidence that he couldn't use to convict him in a press conference as what happened in Georgia, then there may have been a bigger outcry.

23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I guess it's not surprising since Pac Man Jones got absolutely zero, zip, zilch, nada for punching a woman.

24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    One one hand I'm a bit ticked about it but realistically we knew going in that nothing short of a 6 game suspension would make us happy and it was never going to be that. So to me it is par for the course. I do agree with what one poster said, that it shows the league's further hypocrisy I mean they fine Harrison for what they deem as violent hits but turn around and sell the images in order to make money off of it.

25. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    And to think that Mike Tomlin was fined $100,000 and the Steelers faced the possibility of losing a draft pick, only cause Tomlin stepped onto the field of play.

Spartacus