1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ray Rice has been suspended

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jul 24, 2014.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    ESPN is reporting a 2 game suspension that's seems to be light punishment.

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    TWO?!?!?!

What a sack of ****.

3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    So...you're far better off beating the **** out of a woman to the point of unconsciousness than you are to allegedly have sex with them?

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow, saw a few panels on the mainsream news commenting about the message NFL was sending. So, there are a few media outlets picking this up.

5. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Ben got six, reduced to four for good behavior. There was no evidence that Ben did anything. Rice is on freaking video. Adolpho Birch SVP of Labor Policy for the NFL is on Mike and Mike trying to explain this. He's talking a lot but he's not saying much of anything other than we take this seriously and think it was appropriate. They asked him about Ben's suspension compared to this and he said something about that was appropriate to Ben's situation and this was different. He said the law took no action against Rice - well they took no action against Ben either. He was laughing when he said that people shouldn't think the NFL condones domestic violence.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    All I can say is wow. That guy is either completely full of it, or completely detached from reality. I'm thinking the former is more likely. I laughed when he said, "I think that were he not an NFL player, I don't know that he would have received any punishment from any other source." Riiiiiight. You can listen to the Mike and Mike segment here:

[video=youtube;74tAyBIpGug]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74tAyBIpGug[/video]

Thought this was kind of funny, too.

[​IMG]

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I love the ignorance from that guy! Any other job? How about a military job where you would recieve further punishment. All the way up to and including losing your job and retirement benifits. Grabbing at straws here.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben gets a 4 game suspension for humping a girl in the bathroom and Rice gets 2 games for "alleged" domestic violence??
    "I'm gonna knock you out.........Mama said, knock you out.............."

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lets not distort the truth here. There's far more to Ben's suspension than what happened in that bar that night. That was the final straw, but it was everything about him that determined the suspension, including 2 sexual assault allegations.

Ray Rice is apparently on video being assaulted by his wife. He retaliated which resulted in her being knocked unconscious.

Now I don't condone what he did, but all the facts need to be taken into consideration, including the fact that she was hitting him first. In my eyes that's no excuse, but it is at least slightly different than if he just started beating the hell out of her for no reason.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not sure if that's true. Can you provide a substantive link to that? Either way, he's 220 lbs, she's 110. What did she hit him with? A hammer?

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Sexual assault "Allegations" doesn't mean he did anything besides get drunk and stupid.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have no link, which is why i said apparently. It was stated on Sirius NFL several times that people close to the investigation stated the elevator video (which as far as I know has never been released publicly) shows her assaulting him and then him retaliating. Again, don't mistake that for me condoning him hitting her, because I don't. He simply could have restrained her without knocking her out cold, I'm just laying out the facts (or alledged facts). It's not like he got drunk and just beat the hell out of her, and it's not like Ben was suspended only because of that one incident in the bar. That was really my only point, not saying the Rice or Ben suspensions are too short or too long, just saying it's not as simple as some like to point it.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No the issue here is that the DA decided there was enough evidence on tape before and after the elevator to indict him on Domestic Assault charges. After which, they just so happen to have a program for first offenders that allows him to complete a program before charges are dropped. Let's not distort it here. He's still got charges hanging over him if he doesn't complete their program.

On the other hand you had "allegations" yes multiple but I give you that and there was some weird National outrage at this habitual offender that needed to be brought to heel! Sort of like all the Johnny Manzel hype this Summer.

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    And Stephen A. Smith gets one week for his comments...