1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Training Camp Questions - Before I get there.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BNG, Jul 23, 2014.

1. BNG

BNG Member

Jul 14, 2014
    I have never been to training camp before and was wondering how close the seating is to the field? Is there seating at all? Lawn chairs needed? Also is there a good place to sit, meet the players, etc. Are coolers allowed? Just trying to get as much info before I head up over the next few days. Thanks in advance.

Newbie so I apologize if there is a thread out there about this, I did a search with no results. ;)

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I prefer just sitting on a blanket on the hillside. Coolers will be checked. There is a training camp section on Steelers.com which you should check. Bring binoculars and a hat. Meeting players is a bit challenging. They are usually running to practice and very tired after.

3. BNG

BNG Member

Jul 14, 2014
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ok now, take plenty of footage and download it on here please. thanks in advance. enjoy. ok, you can narrate too. again thanks. when can we expect this? just asking. LOL:smiley1::cool:

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This can't stress that enough. make sure you bring protection from the sun. My dad and I went to the 06 training camp, Cowher's final season. It was a nice day not overly hot and soem nice fluffy clouds but as we watched practice the sun beats down on you and it is hard to get a shady spot since there are so many people everywhere. We had to stop at Mcdonalds on the way out of town because my Dad may have been dehydrated, he was bent forward and couldn't straighten up for the trip home. All that said he enjoyed every minute of it and I had another great father son moment coming just after the SB 40 win.

7. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bring your credit card too, they sell some nice merchandise :)

8. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If your kids(?) are looking for autographs be sure to arrive early and stand by the rope where they come out. I watched practice but my son stood there the whole time and ended up with some nice autographs on his Steeler gear. Have a great time!

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Jarvis Jones signs for kids only. Most of the guys will sign for kids unless they have a handful of crap being fed to them by their manipulators. Clark is gone so you won't get one of his "idiot fan" speeches (usually when some guys starts spewing sign this or you lose the season crap). He was one of the more prolific autographers and gave out uniform items a lot (shoes, socks, gloves, etc.) Ben and a few of the other guys leave on the other side of the field, not by the ropes mostly. Make room for kids and they will usually sign something for you as well. William Gay is a real down to earth guy.

11. BNG

BNG Member

Jul 14, 2014
    Good Stuff. My girlfriend and I are going up for Sunday and Monday. Taking the camera, a cooler and some sunscreen, although the weather looks like it may not cooperate. :( Looking forward to it.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Unfortunatley if it rains too hard they move practices in doors and nobody watches.
    Cross your fingers.