1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

one week and counting

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jul 18, 2014.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    lock them in a training facility for this week please.

lots of work to do and lots of players to sort through. we are due to remain healthy for a change, i hope.

what is the One (1) major thing you want to see out of this camp?

Mine is the O-line. i want to see a major jump in these guys and i want to see the best 5 for the future play, whomever that is. 5 guys that pass block and run block and do both effectively. it's been a long time since we have seen this. :cool:

2. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd love to see a solid line myself mac. I believe the offense revolves around us having a secure line so seeing that group come together is definitely a priority. I think once you get the o line sorted out everything else offensively will fall into place.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I want to see some of the young players step up and take that next step.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    A victory. I can't listen to Jack Attack again :lolol:

5. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    mac took the best one (OL). An OL that could run block and pass block would immediately turn us into a terrifying offense and take tons of pressure off our defense.

I'll say... I want to see a pleasant surprise in the secondary. Maybe Richardson blows everyone away. Maybe Blake pushes Gay for the #3 spot. Maybe it's as simple as Cortez or Mitchell looking even better than we expected.

Honorable mention: Jarvis Jones showing an enormous jump in pass rush ability.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I don't want to see a single slacker on this team. I want every player to focus 110% and be willing to put in the extra effort as to never sniff another 8-8 season again. I want them to learn that they should never again rely on another team to determine whether they can get in the playoffs or not. I want to see rookies given a chance to make an opening day starting roster spot.

7. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed 100% Lets make it happen!!!

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This is very on-line with what I was thinking about this topic. I really, really hope J. Jones steps up and is that guy I hoped he would be. Really excited about Shazier and Timmons on the inside. What I am secretly excited about is Archer. I really hope he comes in and adds excitement, even if he only touches the ball a couple of times a game. Sometimes I feel like the team gets stuck in a rut during games and can't dig out. Guys like Archer and Shazier have a chance to add excitement at any given time and I think that is what we need!

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am hoping to see players reporting in excellent
    physical condition and reporting at the weight
    they are suppose to report at. I want to see
    fair open competition, not just people that have
    NFL experience getting the nod. I want to see us play fast and put an exciting and entertaining
    product on the field.

10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    As I think Bart Scott once said CAN'T WAIT!

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I heard that wardis. so many positions to expect better play from. so many different player combo's that could be kept or lost. so many battles to watch blossom into what we hope they will be. I also love the part about bringing beefalo in for a couple of days to allow these guys to beat up someone other then themselves. this should actually be a good season to have preseason tickets. not that the games mean anything, but just so much talent to evaluate with your own eyes. 3 days and counting. whoo hoo!!!! :herewego!::cool:

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Shhhhh, don't say that around here

13. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    i want to see everyone pushed by everyone else to improve. Whether it's V. Williams pushing to take back a starting role (not that I think he will) which in turn pushes Timmons and Shazier to step it up, or even Gradkowski pushing Ben on simple execution. I want to see it everywhere as competition helps everyone get better.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I want to see fundamental football, do the little things better then everyone else. Lot of sloppy play last year.

16. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You got that right. I can deal with the normal stuff but I'd LOVE to see a season without any major injuries.

17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    We are so overdue for an injury free season.

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I would like to see a blocking scheme and over all offensive philosophy that doesn't rely on having all your starters health to run it. In other words if Cody Wallace can't run an outside zone blocking scheme don't spend all of OTA's, minicamp, Training camp, and the preseason working on it only to scrape it when Pouncey gets hurt. Also maybe simplify somethings for the rookies. Hey Shazier you are really fast yuo only have two things to learn cover the TE or blitz the QB don't clutter your head with learning the ins and outs of the Lebeau way, cover the middle blitz the QB, seek or destroy thats it.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    :this!:

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Oh, and stay out of LT's way.:smiley1::cool:

21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    If they let it happen, there is a lot
    of competition that should happen.Motivate
    these players to rise and put them in a position
    to succeed. I will be personally watching a lot
    of players, hopefully around the 3rd preseason
    game i hope to have a better idea about some
    players.

22. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    While the OL is the most intriguing to me, it was already taken.

I'm curious to see how the DL and LB's play and if they can get pressure on opposing QBs. Pressure from the front 7 makes the secondary look much better.

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I want to see no injuries and better preparation than last season, they looked awful last preseason and it carried over into the regular season.