1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison is desperate to get signed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jun 18, 2014.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's probably the reason every week he releases a video of him working out to show the Steelers and other teams what great shape he's in. This week I saw a instagram video of him bench pressing 400lbs. Unfortunately for Harrison father time is undefeated, teams aren't looking for a 36 yr old OLB.

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    A persons gotta eat. Harrison will probably sign for a vet minimum somewhere in the NFL before the end of training camp. Injuries to other OLB's and teams will be calling.

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    But he loses a round every now and then. I'm okay if we don't sign him, but if I had to decide right now, I honestly think he'd be a better #3 than Moats or Carter or Zumwalt or whoever else we have.

1. He knows the D. He's a smart player, which helps aging guys.
    2. He can shut down the run on his side.
    3. He's in great shape (clearly) and wouldn't have to play full-time, making him more effective.
    4. I bet he could still offer a decent pass rush; he's a relentless player and strong as hell.
    5. The last we saw of him, he was better than any other guy we've got, other than Worilds. I'm including his time in Cincy, during which he played out of position.

He doesn't need OTAs or minicamp, especially with us. We can use this time to get the young guys reps and sign him later. I would be surprised if he doesn't play football this year.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Man, thats some unbridled hate you have for this man. What a scum bag, the nerve of him trying to find work.

Best of luck to you James! I'll never forget what you did for this team. Hope the Steelers or somebody else brings you aboard.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't think it has anything to do with him wanting to get signed. He's done it for a very long time.

6. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    1 yes
    2 yes
    3 yes
    4 yes
    5 oh hell yeah

HINES

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm missing the part how this makes him desperate?

8. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    In the video, James used his Shining to tell steelersrule6 he was desperate.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    desperate to hit a qb maybe. I also don't agree he doesn't need camp. how else will he teach the other children?

how about we sign him and joey as backups? HE HE HE. < wicked Dr. Evil laugh.

huh? huh? whadda ya tink boff em'?:hehehe::cool:

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Where did I say I hate Harrison?

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I disagree, it reminds me of Terrell Owens he would do stuff like that when he wanted to get back in the NFL.

12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is correct you have never said you hated him you have voiced a strong opinion that he is old and slow and by no means should he have a spot on the new young and fast Steelers. I still think James would be happy to discuss your point of view with you if only you provide a time and place. He seems to be a passionate speaker who loves a spirited debate.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You don't have to. It's clear by threads like this. Hate, dislike, choose whatever word you want but you dog this guy every chance you get.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    OK, but you can't disagree with the fact that he's done it for a long time. :smiley1:

He did it back when he was still under contract with the Steelers, and he did it when he was under contract with the Bengals. Hard to say he's doing it for a different reason now that he's not currently employed.

15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, this is really nothing new. The only thing that makes it stand out now is that it's during Mandatory camps. Normally we wouldn't see this at this time because he's in camp.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It's not hate it's just opinion, I hate Brady and the Patriots along with the other teams in the AFC North not Harrison. I appreciate what he did for the Steelers, but I don't like the way he left that's all.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I know Harrison is a workout freak, but that thing doing the pushups with Antonio Brown comes across as a attempt to get the Steelers attention IMO.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    he worked out with these steelers for years before last year, why wouldn't he now? peezy left and played for other teams and so did carnell, and they're back working with steelers. he doesn't need to get the steelers attention, they are fully aware he's out there.:cool:

19. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    He didn't actually leave, the Steelers didn't require his services and had no intention of bringing him back, unless he would come cheap.

20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Agree across the board. He's at least worth a look in camp. I'm not worried about what it means for the young guys. IMO Carter would be the guy who gets displaced, and I don't see him having a long-term future as an OLB with this team. Moats would be the other backup OLB on the roster, and Jones would get time to mature on the practice squad. Zumwalt may be ready to be a 4th ILB in our scheme, but based on what I saw of him on film at UCLA (or more precisely what I didn't see), I don't think he would help us on defense this year as a #4 OLB. If we are seriously looking at Zumwalt as an edge rusher, he is probably practice squad bound for 2014 unless we keep 5 OLBs and have him play special teams.

21. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  22. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
  23. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    I think it shows that James is not a quitter.
    After being cut time after time early on he worked hard to get a chance
    he still is working hard for a shot.
    can't fault him that

24. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    the only problem to sign harrison back is that will slow the development of jarvis jones , if he come here he will start immediately at rolb

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I doubt it Freak, Jones is the future, JH would come off the bench. Now if Jones was under performing again, yeah, then I could see JH getting more reps. Whoever helps them the most to win, thats who will play.