1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roby facing OMVI charges.

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Colssteel, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Colssteel

Colssteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yikes. That's some bad timing right there.

3. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Stupid is as stupid does. Unbelievable. I certainly won't chastise for imbibing, but then getting in a vehicle while drunk two weeks before one of the biggest days in your life...Really?

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I am starting to wonder if there will be any prospects available in 2 weeks who HAVEN'T been arrested. Enough already.... what's wrong with these kids? If they can't stay clean while facing the opportunities of their lives, you have to seriously question how they're going to do with pockets full of cash and no adult supervision.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    following in the footsteps of his team mate adams.:cool:

6. Colssteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I had similar thoughts. Wonder whether we might be able to pick him up in the second, as well? I think it'd be worth the 2nd pick. I'd rather have Shazier, though...but he'll be long gone.

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Maybe he was just sleeping it off in his car? That report does not make it sound like it was a moving violation. Can you get arrested for being drunk in the driver's seat of a parked car in Ohio?

8. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Dennard or Fuller in the first and Roby in the second sounds good to me. We do like to positionally double-dip recently.

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    you can get one if your outside your car and the keys are in the ignition in ohio.:cool:

10. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol::facepalm:

That's what it sounds like.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    An entire article about OVI and it doesn't once mention what OVI stands for. That's some top-notch reporting. I had to look it up.

It's Operating a Vehicle while Impaired, for anyone else that didn't know.

12. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    what the hell! these kids kill me. if you cant be a choir boy for 4 months then I really worry about you. from the time season is over till draft all you should be doing is sucking up to executives and keeping out of trouble. I am sorry I don't care how good he is if he cant understand this I really question if he can do it when he gets paid. that goes for any player not just him. its one thing to screw up when IN college but to do it this time of year is hard to understand

13. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
  15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I wouldn't put too much faith in what his agent and a fan site say about the event. Just sayin'.

16. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Of course...though I trust in the Depot more than a lot of other fan sites out there.

But if it is true a 0.008 was his reading...then this is a non issue.

I mean the guy was asleep in a parking lot...so someone called the cops about it...they take him up test him/etc...and he's well below the limit and he's released. I do not see this as any problem/issue.

17. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I was talking about the Eleven Warriors who were referenced in the article. It's an OSU fan site.

18. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Not a big deal to me he was in a parking lot and not driving I'm happy for that! I don't know why we bother charging that he PARKED and didn't drive!!!! DUI's are big business for government: the money earned on fines is huge and governments likes it. Trust me I know. Good for him for parking shame on the copper looking for a BS stat!!!

19. Colssteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. I had a night about 20 years ago - New Years Eve, that I went to a friends party and we were doing shots and the next thing I know is that I am a mess and didn't want to be there, because they would have tried to get me to drink more. I also knew I couldn't drive, so I passed out in my car. About an hour later I woke up freezing. So I started the car, let it warm up and then once I got comfortable again, I turned it off. I repeated this cycle for few more hours until I was sober enough to drive home. BUT - had a police officer come to my window, I could have been cited for OVI.

If this is what he was doing - I say non-issue also. I am betting we won't know until after the draft, so teams will most likely have to form an opinion somewhere between the police report and his agent's story.

But - if you were a team that had him rated as a toss up between Robyand Denard or Fuller - does this take him out of that conversation, just to err on the safe side? It might for some GMs. As TFF -> TERRIBLE timing.

20. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

??????

a freaking ballistics expert on hand to pick that up ???

.008?

what's he drinking?

ZIMA

21. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    No big deal in my opinions.

I wonder if he will be hopping in his car today, driving to Pittsburgh to meet with KC and MT, and plead with them not to take him off their board. :lolol:

In all seriousness, how is what he did, even illegal? Maybe there's more to the story, I don't know.

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

I agree, he may very well deserve props for deciding to sleep it off and not try and drive, if that indeed was his thought process.

23. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Sorry, but a .008 would register as a 0.00 not even a CDL driver would be charged with a .008, that's considered a negative. If he did get ticketed, I'm sure he blew over the legal limit of .08.

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    exactly. they couldn't charge him if he blew a .008. heck a .08 is about 1 beer depending on how soon after he had to perform the FST (field sobriety test). :cool:

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Sounds like his agent is blowing something else. :lolol: