1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone happy with this?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Apr 22, 2014.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I found this mock. I love the players but not sure if I like it for us. wanted some opinions

rd1 aaron Donald dt pitt

rd2 donte moncrief wr ole miss

rd3 Stanley jean-baptiste cb neb

rd4 brock vereen s minn

rd5 kevin pierre-louis lb bc

rd5 arther lynch te Georgia

rd6 beau allen dt wiscon

rd6 aaron murray qb Georgia

rd7 Shaquille Richardson cb Arizona

I really don't see us keeping all 9 picks. I think we move up in a round or two

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Absolutely no on a QB, especially Murray.

I like quite a few of the other picks. Donald at #15 is intriguing but I can't fully back that idea. I like Moncrief, but I have alot of WRs ahead of him who should be available at #46.

3. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't like the qb pick either but murray in the 6th is good value and I believe he is much better than jones. is it the injury or what don't you like about him?

4. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't like much about his career. He seemed to wilt in every big game he ever played in. He also benefitted from a terrific running game.

The game that sticks out in my mind in the 2012 game vs South Carolina. That team was STACKED with one of the better defenses to come around in quite some time. He went 10 for 31 with 109 yards and 1 TD. That is a disgusting stat line. I'm pretty sure most Georgia fans wanted to run him out of town after that game.

5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

6. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    have to disagree with you alittle on lynch. he made some big catches in big situations at georgia

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    rd1 aaron Donald dt pitt - I like the player, but not the fit.

rd2 donte moncrief wr ole miss - LOVE this pick. Definitely on board with Moncreif at 46.

rd3 Stanley jean-baptiste cb neb - Good god no. No, no, no, no, no, no. Please no.

rd4 brock vereen s minn - Decent pick. I'd be okay with Vereen.

rd5 kevin pierre-louis lb bc - Makes sense since we brought him in. Don't know tons about the kid.

rd5 arther lynch te Georgia - I like Lynch. He isn't a seam buster, but a very reliable all around TE.

rd6 beau allen dt wiscon - Good pick.

rd6 aaron murray qb Georgia - Love this one too. Murray could be a great guy to groom. Cut Gradkowski and have the two kids fight it out to be the back up.

rd7 Shaquille Richardson cb Arizona - A lot of upside for a late round pick. Worth a shot I guess

I would've liked a RB in there somewhere... I like Donald, but I think we would be better served going a different route. Overall its a pretty good mock though minus SJB.

8. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Why no love for Baptiste? He and Desir are amongst my favorite CBs in that second tier of CBs. I would probably like them more in the 4th than the 3rd, but that's probably not likely to happen. Plus its a late 3rd rounder anyways. I don't mind it.

Cut Gradkowski? Are you serious? Ben isn't known as an Iron Man. Would you really want Landry Jones or Aaron Murray to be starting 2 or 3 games this season? I think that would be a disaster.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Cutting Grad would only be if we really felt good about Jones. I'm not really advocating it haha it was just an idea. I should have made that more clear in my previous post. I really like Murray though, and think he could be a very good QB in our system (even if it is only as a back up). He has great timing with his receivers. Idk haha we wont be taking a QB anyways.

The no love for Baptiste is for a few reasons. I know many on the board are a little sour on Dennard for a few reasons (not an elite athlete, press man only, iffy tackler, could be penalized more in the NFL), but Baptiste has similar "deficiencies" but much, much worse in those areas. He is most definitely the worst tackling corner in the draft, and it's not close. He almost looks afraid to hit the opposing WR's. He just dives at their ankles and swipes his arm... it's kinda pathetic for a man his size. He can only play press man, and is much stiffer in the hips than Dennard. If he misses his jam, hes toast Hank Poteat style (and that is bad). I watch all kinds of Big Ten games as a Buckeye fan, and SJB is one of the most penalized CB's I've watched. He has a knack for PI and holding calls because he gets beat by guys he cant overpower at the line of scrimmage. In the few OSU games against Nebraska that we played against SJB, he really struggled to cover our WR's and we don't really have awesome WR's. He got beat deep a lot.

I actually do like Desir in the 3rd or 4th. He appears to be a much better fit to me than SJB. Baptiste would be a fish out of water in our system, and I would be afraid that he would be playing CFL ball before the 2016 season if we took him. Our 3rd round pick could be someone that really contributes for us in the near future, so I'd rather take someone else than a press man corner with questionable skills. He could thrive in a place like Seattle or New England, but in Pittsburgh I think he is almost undraftable. I realize this is just my opinion, but I really doubt the FO has eyes for the kid.