1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Showing Interest In Andre Williams

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 18, 2014.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  2. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    We just drafted Bell. We have too many holes to burn another significant pick on a RB. It would make no sense to me.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I question the accuracy of that report, he's a bruiser, Bell and Blount can do that, I would think the next RB they put on the roster would be a change of pace back.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    tough kid. I wonder how well he catches the ball? I've seen him play a handful of times and don't remember seeing that. maybe just not what they do at BC. they may use him as more of a decoy to get the ball to other players since he gets so many carries. ahh, to have mobile linemen and good downfield blocking.:cool:

5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I like Williams as a runner but I'd rather go with a contrasting RB, who is quick and shifty and can catch the ball.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he does have better quickness and wiggle than blount.:cool:

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    unless bell goes down.:cool:

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    if by some miracle he lasts past the 4th, I would say jump on it

9. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Unless they pick a small scatback, no one is going to like the running back pick this year. Probably not even then. The shifty change of pace guy seems like the logical choice, but if a big all around back fell, it wouldn't surprise me if they took him. Have to look beyond this season.

Regarding Williams in the passing game, I don't believe they threw it to him once last season. He's most successful around the tackles, but he'll cut back if a lane opens up and he's hard to get down. Watch the second video in the article I posted against NC State.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    now I still wouldn't have a problem with a guy like Williams and also adding a guy like archer for that change of pace guy. since archer can play multiple positions and RB. most will cringe saying why two RB's in one draft but production and need as you say down the road would warrant that.:cool:

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Lache Seastrunk

12. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    This guy just looks like a Steelers running back.

13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    His 9 career receptions worries me. I like De'Anthony Thomas but I fear we would have to take him too early. Dri Archer is another name but with his speed, someone is going to draft him much earlier than he should be.

I am thinking more along the lines of James White (Wisconsin), Ladarius Perkins (Mississippi St), Roderick McDowell (Clemson) or Beau Blakenship (Ohio).

14. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yup, I've actually got the Steelers taking White in the mock I'm working on.

I don't love Seastrunk, but I think he's definitely a possibility, and could thrive in the stretch scheme.
    [​IMG]

Here's some interesting running back metrics. http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/46396/349/peshek-rb-metrics-10

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I do believe the Steelers will draft a RB,
    I believe this person will be multi dimensional.
    IF LSH is healthy and signable why not give him a chance
    also? He is already a PROVEN commodity.