1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Article on Depot

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Apr 10, 2014.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A very nice article on the Steelers drafting CB'S and how they have lacked success....One thing I see that a lot of people still argue about is combine #'s and if they are that Important...

Well if you look at the article you will see the only CB that we have drafted that can actually play the position at high level is Ike....Now look at those combine #'s he could run and he could jump high and long....While I agree that just because you can do these things you will be a good Football player,,,,I do believe that if you can't you will never be a stellar CB in the NFL....

Just some food for thought for guys who think Football in shorts means nothing...

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    I too read most articles on de pot

:facepalm:

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Part of the problem they haven't had much success is they haven't drafted any top tier talent at CB in the early rounds. Chad Scott was the last CB they drafted in the 1st that was 1997. They have been relying on players in the later rounds or players from smaller schools, they seem to take longer to develop. I think it changes this year they will draft a CB in the 1st or 2nd.

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Just goes to show you that drafting in the first round is not a certainty. Chard Scott never set the field on fire lol

Bman

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Oh good lord... why did you have to invoke that name? Now I'm reliving past Sunday afternoon traumas...

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He had that knee injury early in his career that probably hurt his development though.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's what I remember. Wasn't the same guy on the field after that.

8. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Steelers drafting a CB <Shudders> This year they have to and they have to hit, which means they're going all in IMO.
    Terrifying.

In all fairness I think this is one of the hardest positions to fill. Dennard, Roby, verrett, and Gilbert, all good in school but the NFL?
    How many CBs turn out to be a Revis and even he had his problems. It's a position born for exploitation.

Fuller? Anyone