1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers 2013 Regular Season Record?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by scruffy, Jul 20, 2013.

1. 11-5 or better

39.0%
  2. 10-6

28.6%
  3. 9-7

15.6%
  4. 8-8

10.4%
  5. 7-9 or worse

6.5%
  1. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    What will the Steelers 2013 regular season win/loss record be? :hmmm:

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I had actually mentioned a few months ago starting a thread like this and letting everyone make their preseason predictions and talk about how our d would do and our rookies and and all that and then have TTF lock it and then at the end open it back up for everyone to talk smack about how good they did. I'm still not ready to predict yet myself.

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    I am an eternal optimist, and it helps that we should have a healthy Big Ben, to start the season.
    It WILL hurt, that we probably won`t have a healthy Heath, for a game or 3, who knows?:shrug:
    I ALWAYS have faith in LeBeau, and our D, as new-looking, as it might be...
    Realistically, It`s all a guess, and fortune telling... no one has a crystal ball, that can predict injuries/turnovers/bad(or good)calls by the ref`s, etc, that always seem to make or break a season...
    You can`t even really analyze strength of schedule, anymore, since teams change so many players/coaches in the offseason.
    I really do appreciate those who try to break it all down, and say because of this or that, we should win "x" number of games...
    Basically, I always hope for the best, and expect the worst...;)
    We play a game with a funny shaped ball, so you can never predict which way the ball will bounce, when it hits the ground(or if it will get stuck in the mud;))...
    That`s what makes it fun, and makes the games worth playing... "On any Given Sunday!..."...
    All that said...
    The reason I am responding to this thread, and, am confident that we will have a fairly successful season, is...
    This team is full of pride, and they ALLL know they let themselves, and their fans down last year...
    They KNOW they are a better team than what they showed last year, and I truly believe that will show in the effort put forth this year...
    I DO NOT expect them to show up unprepared and lazy, against teams that they are "supposed" to beat...
    I think last year taught them a great lesson in that regard...
    Like I said, I am an eternal optimist. We have a long history of "playing down" to our competition, but I honestly have a gut feeling, that they learned their lesson about that, and the vets and coaches on the team, won`t let that happen again.
    Here`s hoping!!!:praying::herewego:....
    I am also quite sure there will be a couple games, where unexpected things happen, and we wind up losing a couple games we should have won.
    SO... I expect no less than 12 regular season wins, and a trip to trophy number 7!!!:cool::herewego!:

4. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    Welp, I'm too proud of myself for creating my 1st ever poll here to go and ruin it with my prediction just yet either, so give me a day or two. :lolol:

5. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

Lets get through camp along with viewing some pre-season games before going out on a limb for the season! ;)

6. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I think that being a *20-1 shot here in Vegas to win the Lombardi will make us play the underdog card all year. We always do well when the media and the talking heads say we are old and slow. 11-5.

* we are favorite by 7 to the Titans on opening day-- go figure

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm in. I voted 11-5 or better. Here we go, Steelers! Here we go! :towel:

Hey, good job. :applaud:

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I voted better than 11-5. as always 13-3.:cool:

9. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    No record prediction yet, but ...

I did watch the replay of the 2012 Oklahoma vs Oklahoma St game from about the mid 3rd quarter onward and I will predict that there is NO way we can hide Justin Brown on the practice squad. :no:

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I went with 11-5 but I think it's going to be 12-4. We lost some pieces but imo nothing like the year before. We a lot deeper this year and I think even as a rookie bell is better then anything we had last year. This really all just depends on the health of the line and Ben. Those two stay healthy and we will be tough to beat.

11. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    There is so much talent but so many variables. I think it's a "hearts and minds" campaign in the locker room that will be the deciding factor this season. If the "management" can get the talent to buy in it can be 15-1 but if the worm turns...

12. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    I was really torn between 10-6 and 9-7; after a coin toss, I voted 10-6.

Defense: should be sound and get a few more turnovers.
    Offense: will have "growing pains" but some better.
    Special Teams: likely most improved unit this year.

13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I predicted 9-7 at best for the 2012 season. Since we haven't even made it to training camp yet I'll stick with that until we've made it through training camp and played 3 or 4 preseason games.

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Since we were first to 3, 4, and 6 we'll be 19 and 0
    As someone on the old board said
    THEY SUCK! WE'LL CRUSH THEM!
    but, I'll take 8-8 as long as we end up 12-8

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Went with 11-5 or better. I think it will be a 12-4 season just because they want to get that crappy 8-8 taste out of their mouths.

If they go 8-8 again or <.500 this season then major, major changes will be needed.

16. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    we start out 9-0
    then finish 9-7 because Ben will have hurt his shoulder but insist on playing costing us the next 3 then have no choice but to sit out and heath miller is our qb because ......

yeh, it's just too early to predict

just hope it's better than last year

17. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    My heart says 12-4.

But I went with my head that says 10-6. Of course, it's a long way off still. My heart may in fact be right. My head is a pessimist/realist. ;)

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i said 10 6 ,
    potential loss :in london at balt at cincy at greenbay and boston then we will drop one with some garbage team as we always do.we have a favourable schedule ( i know ususally work vs us ) but we are not so strong to fight too much good teams this year

19. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    "Pessimist/realist" is not a term that should apply to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Take that crap to Cleveland. :thumbs_up:

20. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    for the first time ever i agree with something you said.. i too voted for 9-7... i think we are 8-8 and some how we will pull one of the games i think we lose.. we pull it out to win it .. althought last year we always found a way to LOSE where we used to find ways to WIN the close ones.. hopefully we regain that magic..

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dropped direct TV, I decided I wasn't going to waste my money for sunday ticket to get another 8-8 season, good news is they will probably win more without me watching, I voted for a 9-7 season expecting to be surprised with maybe a 12-4...

22. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I voted 10-6. The Young O-Line must come through big time, protecting Ben, and generating a run game! :yeehaw:

23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I will make my "informed" prediction after the THIRD pre-season game, when the starters are in through the third quarter.

24. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Pitt 11-5 , Cinc 10-6 , Balt 9-7 , Clev 7-9,:herewego:

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too.