1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell And NFL Are Negotiating A Settlement

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Jul 28, 2015.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    According to ESPN, the NFL and Bell are negotiating a settlement that would reduce his suspension to one or two games. This is not final, but this would be huge obviously.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah it would they are arguing that he is getting punished twice for the same offense. I would argue that he got arrested before the rule change and it wasn't his fault the court date was after. That has kind of rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning.

3. Supersteeler

Supersteeler Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Man even getting it knocked down to two games would be huge! Great news.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I see what you did there...:lolol:

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    On the glass being 1/2 empty side, this probably means that Marsha's sentence will be reduced too.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The cynical side of me thought that, too.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto

Marsha in NFL eyes out weighs Bell. If Marsha agrees to a settlement then Bell has no choice.

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Per reports coming out (after the Brady announcement)...Bell was reduced to 2 games. I still think it should have only been 1....but we'll take 2.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    2 is better than 3. We'll take it. :herewego:

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    yup. We need him for the rams. I think we can weather the storm for a bradyless pats and well the 9ers lol.

11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Actually we do need a running game more against the rams than those other 2 Teams . The front 4 of the Rams would give us fits without a solid running game. Very good news to get Bell back for that game.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats a fact :herewego!:

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I dont think it can be reduced now since he was likely given the option

14. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Great news indeed! The ESPN comments are funny though. Saying how it's unfair that a DUI & Possession gets a smaller suspension than playing a part in deflating a football. What they are not realizing is that this is only in the NFL arena. It's up to the local officials to determine Bell's fines and what not, not the NFL.

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I have a feeling the Brady saga isn't over...and he could still end up playing if it goes to actual court/etc.

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Let him take it to court... The NFL should still be enable to enact their decision and he can miss the whole flipping season trying to be a dummy if he wants

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well, we only need Williams and Harris to show out for two games...and then Bell is back. This will be good for us...learn to win with and without any individual

18. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I had figured Bell would be the sacrificial lamb for Brady to get his reduced and Bell's would stay the same. Somebody come and told me about this at work and I was absolutely elated with the news. Hopefully Williams can carry the load and we can snag a couple of games without Bell and then have him really fresh. Maybe it's a bit of a blessing in disguise since now his leg will have even more time to heal. Is he expected to play in the preseason at all?

19. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure about the preseason, but,

IMHO... the sooner back, the better!!!(in the regular season)

This is the ONLY time in the history of math, where 2 is greater than 3... (Games missed)...

Not sure about the Brady thing.. Sounds like he (or the NFLPA), is gonna appeal his suspension to the courts of this land, that are supposed to focus on real life problems, not sports issues...

I dunno...

I would be a fool, not to want Brady suspended, for our team`s advantage, but, at the same time, I have a bit of Harrison`s pride...

"I wanna beat them at full strength.. Absoluteley, I would give him a ride to the stadium..."...

If you remember the old interview between him and Cowher, before a Raven`s playoff game...

Not gonna try and dig it up now...

The sentiment remains the same...

Honestley, I expect we will be playing against Brady, due to some legal crap...

And it will feel all the better, when we win in their house, against their best qb...

Even tho, I know in my heart of hearts, he shouldn`t be in the game.

Kraft + Goodell = Love...

They will find a way to get Brady in the camera`s eye week one, right or wrong...

I don`t care... WE JUST NEED TO CRUSH `EM!!!!

GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!::steelflag::herewego:....

Glad they will let us have LeVeon back, week 3!!!:thumbs_up:

20. Supersteeler

Supersteeler Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Reduced to 2 games. I'll take it!

21. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    :applaud: :thumbsup:

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think it should have been one game. I'll take 2 but if he were driving impaired by alcohol I would be very supportive of 4.

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Is there a difference in being high on drugs or high on booze, does it matter if some drug user is driving while high on meth or high on jack daniels, pot is still considered an illegal substance in most states while operating a vehicle, just maybe Bell didn't pass the sobriety test.......

According to the police report he didnt pass it http://deadspin.com/complaint-leveon-bell-had-no-idea-he-could-get-a-dui-f-1625505059

24. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012

Short answer: yes there is a difference.

25. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    fair point ...only why punish the team for an obviously individual choice. Better to take the money, punish him individually, than to hurt the team. Let him play, take his pay, use it for something positive maybe?