1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do the Steelers talk to Gosder Cherilus?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TarheelFlyer, Jul 27, 2015.

1. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    What do you guys think? Do we talk to him? He has more experience than any other backup OT we have on the roster. I am not a big...we should sign that guy...individual, but this one fits an area of need.

2. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I highly doubt that cherilus comes to us as a back up... he's been a starter since he was drafted, and had a contract that was comparable to marcus gilbert's.... way too many teams out there in need of a starter for him to settle for our pine

3. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012

@ 31 with a knee repair he may be left to hang getting signed as a starter. I don't know what the severity of the knee was, but i did read the Colts didn't want to take a chance on him. Not sure of his stats or how his play was prior to. I'm thinking after the reads here there's an over reaction on Adams injury. I say stay calm and use Van Dyk or Villanueva if needed, they need to get a taste of the NFL.

4. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    Personally, I think you at least need to kick the tires on the guy. Give him a call and see what he wants. You then tell him what you could offer him. If he doesn't sign...fine, but if can't find anything else he might come back to us. He is better than any backup we have on the roster.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like your pro active thinking Tarheel flyer, lets atleast see and (kick the tires) if anybody can put us over the top. This is 1 of the reason I have never been in the MT/KC corner. I have always felt they have not done enough to improve the team.

6. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    You might be being to hard on MT and KC. They may talk to Cherilus and we never know it. It could happen a LOT and we just don't know. All I ask of them is that they look into it, but I probably won't know if they do or not. They may say to the press "no interest" in him after they have already talked to him.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i think we are ok with the guys here now. if AV and van dyke are good enough to push adams for his spot then we should be fine. whimpey and palmer will get a little time too. with munch working with these guys i feel better. we do have 5 preseason games for them to get their feet wet. we will have adams coming back at some point if needed. we could always find a vet at some point closer to the season if really needed, so for now, i'd get these guys as many reps with munch as possible.:cool:

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The backup OL is quite scary. I think we need to add a little bit more experience and quality there. Certainly don't want to break the bank on a backup though.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    from what i've read, it sounds like AV is doing alright. he just needs some field time. van dyke the same way. they all have to start somewhere.:cool: