1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

James Harrison goes off...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Cali Steel, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    James Harrison 12 hrs · Instagram ·Thank you @sheeha5n. I take that as a compliment. So ppl please stop arguing with him. When I see comments like that, it just validates that all the work I'm putting in is worth it. It also lets me know how feeble-minded, weak-willed and shortsighted individuals like him think....that he could never imagine in his wildest dreams putting in the time, work and dedication it takes to get to this level without the use of performance enhancing drugs. Thanks again @sheeha5n! #BigBalls #NoDeflatedBalls

Screenshot_2015-07-25-07-25-09.jpg

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    You've always had to have a thick skin being a celebrity and in the public eye. And now with social media and the Keyboard Cowboys out there, it's got to be 10X worse. Maybe 100. Kudos to those who can keep a stiff upper lip and walk away. And those who can't, well... I do understand when they snap. A kudos to James for snapping in a controlled and dignified manner. Handled it much better than Pouncey did a few years ago.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I can't imagine how many comments like that he sees in a week.

:lolol:

4. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    I hope he makes the pats fans cry on opening day.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think that joke works on two levels. LOL. I know that roids really do do that though. A guy I work with took them and said they shrunk him so bad that when he decided to stop taking them he had to take some sort of medicine to like re-inflate them or something. LOL. They also give a lot of people bacne as well. There's another guy I work with that can be seen daily popping pimples in the bathroom mirror as a result of roids. It's really gross. I don't know why anyone would want to go through all that just to look strong.

6. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    this is the most disgusting post I've read by far

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Would be awesome if JH is doing it clean but I have a hard time imaging getting that big and strong without taking something.

I'm no expert though, maybe some of our resident fitness experts can chime in, I think Bobbybiz is a big fitness guy here.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I could see that. LOL.

9. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    you know me soo good

GO STEELERS!!

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    JH is a thick power lifting stud... He's not a chemically enhanced freak. Maybe he's messed with stuff in the past as "needing that edge" has played its part in all sports for 40 years now. But he just comes off like a stupidly strong and mean playing man. That don't usually come in a bottle or needle per se

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That was meant to be in green right?

Harrison has always been a beast all the way back. He just keeps upping the ante on his workouts. No doubt he's eating right and using approved supplements, but he's not stupid and I'd bet he has what he uses double-checked since he knows he's on Goodell's hit list

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope. I'd be surprised if most football players arent on something. I don't think "eating right" is enough to grow that big and strong.

Here's a good article on it:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ctiveness-questioned-debated-facade/22715375/

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

The key is approved vs. unapproved substances . The next big key is taking it at the right time and in the right doses as to not show up just in case it's unapproved now or in the future.

You are correct though almost all players are on something in the NFL, heck most College guys are to and a lot of peeps won't like this , but so are a lot of High School players .The bottom line is the BFS players are usually on something on every level.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

So Tarkington is trying to compare the 60s and 70s players when steroids was rampant in the NFL, to todays players based on physical size? First of all colleges recruit better and bigger players today than they did in the 60s just because they have instant technology at their finger tips now that wasnt available then, and they changed the standard for the size requirement they want at each position, for example a 230 pound oline was the norm in the 60s, today a 230 pound lineman wouldnt even get to play in college let alone the nfl: In my opinion player performance drug enhancements with all the drug testing available today is much less than it was in tarkingtons era when they didnt have drug testing, and it's a fact that each generation since the 60s has been increasing in height and weight, bottom line, I dont agree with Tark....

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I somewhat agree. I also think most football players are or have been on something at some point in their career. Yes, some people can get big and strong just by eating right and working out hard. Some people are blessed with good genetics. Others aren't, and for those people, without steroids their body simply will never get to the next level. Harrison obviously isn't part of the latter group, he's just a big, strong dude, but it wouldn't surprise me if he was or has been on something.

Nothing against Harrison, it's more of an assumption about all athletes.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Tark said that steroid use was't rampant when he played, I think he'll be a little more informed on that than fans.

In a study done in 2011, it was concluded that men have grown 4 inches taller in a 100 years. You're comparing apples to oranges, the changes Tark is talking about isn't strictly genetic.

As PWP stated, they are recruiting bigger players because kids are taking these things in high school.

My feelings exactly.

17. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012

4" in a 100 yrs
    you talking evolution and that's not allowed

I'm also glad you included "taller" because.....

18. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    you think Tark evolved into not having dandruff anymore?

19. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    can Tark sport the "feathered" Farrah look anymore?

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That study clearly didn't include me. LOL.

21. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    Ha ha. I have no idea. Im just a guy who enjoys working out, that's all. Im not trained or educated beyond some basic Anatomy & Physiology classes back in the day and trial and error on myself. I think that GB Steel guy (not sure of his name) is a Physical Therapist and/or Trainer or something like that. Whatever, he at least looks the part better than I do :lolol:. Maybe he's got some insight.

My own personal opinion is that he's probably at the very least dabbled in some stuff at some point. I know from FaceBook that JH is pretty heavy into supplements and I know that stuff can be pretty effective. A good friend of mine is 48 and still pretty ripped up and very strong (400 bench, 525 dl, and 475 squat at 195 lbs) and he's been clean from 'roids for about 25 years, but he still uses supplements. So it is possible to be clean and big, strong, and powerful without them.

22. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    And regarding the balls shrinking side discussion going on. Im going to leave this right here for your enjoyment :eek: It's DEFINITELY nsfw and sorry if I violate any policies TTF, but it's too good to not share. This guy is actually SERIOUS! :roflmao: Feel free to delete/edit if its too much. :lolol:

****You know what, Im going to go ahead and edit this myself and only provide the link and not embed the video since the title is pretty bad itself. Just click the link. You won't be disappointed ****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DWS8uzr1dE

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    It was hard reading some of the things Steeler fans were saying on his FB page when he was with the Bengals. And I'm just a fan, he must have some thick skin. Kudos indeed.

24. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Supplements however are a staple
    with any of these players... Yes over time humans have gotten bigger stronger faster etc... Look at modified foods and the big push with supplements at earlier ages for that chart. However kids are dropping dead out of nowhere a hell of a lot faster than they did just 20 years ago to boot, or atleast statistically. Damn energy drinks energy bars over the counters and out of the homeboys pocket. Lot more money in the game now than in tarks day and a hell of a lot more commercialized. But make no mistake them vikes along with our steelers and every other damn team had its fair share of roided out beasts. They didn't know the end game from using back then

25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    images[1].jpg

lol