1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brady will be playing week one.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 12to88, Jul 15, 2015.

1. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No he won't. What everyone is forgetting is some of this suspension was for lack of cooperation.

Misleading title too.

3. Woodley's Woodies

Woodley's Woodies Active Member

Dec 16, 2011
    You are seriously jumping to conclusions with that misleading title thread. The PA gets involved in a bunch of cases that they don't win.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  5. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    I want the SOB on the field game 1 facing the Pittsburgh Steelers early. I want the cheat wishing he had followed Mr. Kraft's foot steps, i want him humiliated beyond definition. :threaten:

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    does that mean mr. Harrison will have to be informed in writing that he can't remove the head from said mr. brady week 1. I'm sure he would fully cooperate and return said head at the time of his appeal. ( possibly deflated) as the rule states no qb should be hit in the head, but if you take the head off cleanly does that still apply? mr. goodell, may we have a ruling.:smiley1::cool:

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    First, this is very old news.

Second, the link has no correlation to the thread title.

Other than that, at a slow time of year, at least it gave my finger a button to push.

8. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    The suspension won't go into effect if there is a legal appeal. There will be a stay. Brady may eventually lose this, but I now think it's apparent that he will drag it out. Bet on him playing week one.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They can only delay it if they go to court, why would Brady go to court when he will be forced to give up his text messages? Something he denied to do during the original investigation and part of the reason he got 4 games.

Brady wont be playing week 1.

10. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Am I reading something wrong? According to the report, the NFLPA will appeal in court. My guess is that they will file that appeal just a week or two prior to week one. That will institute the stay/injunction. The appeal process will drag on for several weeks.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...deral-court-if-brady-suspended-for-any-games/

11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I understand that, what Im saying is they wont follow through with it, why would Brady allow it to go to court if he will have to handover his text messages? Unless Brady has no say in it and the PA's is taking it upon themselves to move forward with it.

Theres no way Goodell wipes all the games off the suspension, so the PA's will have to put up or shut up.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I've felt all long that it's more probable than not that Brady will play Week 1. In my view a court will destroy the garbage science in the Wells Report and the sloppy handling/logging of the footballs on game day. The Pats may have indeed done something shady, but the NFL completely screwed things up any opportunity to prove it by fubar-ing things on game day. The Wells Report was a fun read for the text messages, but the science in it can't establish with any better than a 50/50 chance whether the balls made it to the field at less than a 12.5 PSI pressure.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Does any of the science matter if Bradys text reveal him telling them to deflate the balls? Clearly something is there for Brady to withhold them. Or maybe he was asking Gisele to dress him up in a skirt and spank him :lolol:

I think the whole thing is a bluff by the NFLPA or just an attempt to get some reduction.

14. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Too many people are saying Brady got suspended for tampering with footballs when his suspension stems from not cooperating. Also I believe once the suspension is announced he only has so long to appeal it to the courts and NFL will ask for the case to be expedited due to the season coming up. What is Brady going to do go into court and say that he cooparated? The Pats organization got in trouble over deflated footballs not Brady. Goodell is smart enough not to give Brady an easy way out and that's why he worded the suspension the way he did.

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I would bet he is right. I would hope someone would break his kneecap JH though. That be a 16 game suspension. well 15 and a 1/2

GukFudell will end up laying down and letting it go. Come on guys, this is the Patroits*

16. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The NFL doesn't have proper techniques and standards for measuring deflation of footballs.

lol, funniest part of the link. Either the psi is less than regs or it is not.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Where was the NFLPA when Big Ben got hosed?
    Why did he not get his day in court?

18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I wonder the same thing Glenn, also why couldn't he play while waiting. I think Ben should go to court to get his money and name back

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Glenn on that day in court. I got a call one day and I had not heard of this case. I was told two of your Marines were changed with rape. Discharge them under less than honorable. I said no you can't they haven't been to court (this was also my 1st hearing of this). This sr. person to me says Marine Corps Manual says on page da da. I go to page da da of said Manual and see a Marine may be discharged for being charged with a serious offense. I discharge them and 1 month later the girl recants said one was her boyfriend and broke up with her she was mad so she reported both raped her. I called sr person back said can I reinstate them? NO they may apply for discharge to be upgraded to honorable. Makes me think Ben = Steeler, Brady = root hugging Patriot*

20. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I honestly think Brady will get his suspension reduced to 2 games but I think he won't be playing in week 1. That would make goodell look REALLY weak in the eyes of the general public because that game will be the season opener on network tv. The emperor has taken a beating over the handling of the rice deal and I won't be surprised if he tries to look more powerful in this situation. That first week has a lot of casual viewers tuning in and I think he probably honestly cares more about what they think about him as opposed to the what the hardcore fans think about him. We are all hooked already. He wants to hook them as well. Just my two cents.

21. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Will he actually have to surrender that if he goes to court? In normal court you have the right to remain silent and it is the gvt's burden to prove or disprove your story. Can he not just go in there and make them have to prove beyond all doubt that he absolutely knew? Because he is trying to argue it as "circumstantial" now right? Also can they subpoena his phone and messages? I don't see how any of this could happen though because this is civil and not criminal. I think it would be pretty hard for Brady to prove anything WITHOUT giving up his messages though because ultimately it would just boil down to his word versus theirs but since they have the texts from the pats staff that is HIGHLY damning.

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't care if he plays week one versus the Steelers or not or if he serves his suspension midseason, next season or two years from now. What I do care about is that the Pats and Brady don't get to get off with a slap on the wrist again. Goodell promised that BB would apologize after spygate, BB said I never agreed to that and never did. Goodell let it slide, Meanwhile he produces a comprehensive guideline to conduct that upholds that shield and many have faced stiff penalties for not upholding those values. Head coaches have faced year long suspensions and did it with out complaining, saying this is my team and while I didn't have knowledge, I should have and I should have stopped it. I have some respect for how Robert Kraft has brought a losing franchise into respectability but that is being eroded by the questionable conduct of his employees. So let Brady have his injunction but for the integrity of the game he has to be punished and it can't be perceived as a slap on the wrist and a wink and a smile. If he truly had a problem with the PSI of the footballs there are remedies available to all teams that don't involve suspicious activities. *steps down off soapbox*

23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I haven't been paying attention to what has been happening, but think about it, the season opener without Brady?

No one in Goodell's building wants to see that happen and neither do the advertisers. If there is a way to get him on the field despite the suspension they will figure it out.

24. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I have always been under the impression that Brady was suspended because of the deflated balls in the AFCCG. If so, then there's a problem, because the NFL has zero evidence that Brady instructed anyone on that day to deflate the balls. What they have is evidence that he's done so in the past. But the past was not the issue. That game against the Colts was. Of course, everyone knows that there isn't a single equipment manager who;'d touch the footballs without the QB's knowledge.

I wouldn't think the text messages would be as big an issue for Brady as any testimony by former QBs, particularly Pats QBs, stating that the QB directs the equipment managers.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am betting he will suit up against the PGH Steelers opening day.