1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

FL QB punches girl

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, what a loser. Kiss football goodbye punk :thumbs_up:

[video=youtube;F1d_nzbbXvg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1d_nzbbXvg[/video]

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Apparently, he's he illegitimate son of Warren Sapp.

3. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Glad it wasn't a closed fist or it would have been lights out. He's done stick a fork in him! :facepalm:

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He's done with DIV 1A football. Probably get a misdemeanor and community service, then he'll end up playing for a small college for at least 2 years.

Personally, I would like to have seen both parties charged with a misdemeanor and this crap not hitting the news. If that had been 2 women they both would have. The clip above just shows the final stages. He'll get off on a lesser charge due to the fact that she turned around aggressive and initiated the conflict. He's got Casey Anthony's lawyer....

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think there was more to it then what was shown too, probably had been going back and forth throughout the night.

People keep trying to make her out to be the aggressor though and point out that she threw a punch first. Fact is, he initiated contact first by grabbing her and refusing to let go. You could see her screaming to let go and he wouldn't, at which point she throws a half hearted punch that doesnt even look like it connects. He then unloads on her. Which by the way, she's really tough or he's a wimp, she didnt go down.

At any rate, he's done, hope he never plays football again, go flip burgers kid, blew your chance.

6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I say that even if she did punch him first he is clearly big enough to not be hurt by her. I don't think he can be justified at all for retaliating in such a way. It was a punk move. He should learn to walk away. Even if she were totally the aggressor he shouldn't do that to her.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. You have to be a POS to do something like that. I don't want to hear "oh hes a good guy though, this is so unlike him" :bscow:

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm just saying, he's going to get off light "legally" and if he doesn't something's wrong with our system. Still think both of them should have had some charges.

Take that situation and reverse it and the guy is still wrong. But, they should both have been charged as well.

Take it and change it to 2 guys or 2 girls and it's "Don't raise your hands if you don't want to get hit". Both get charges.

Most of us probably would have walked away when she started and if she went physical just raised our hands and tried to move away. I'm sure we've all been there in bars and seen this happen. Most of the time the crowd actually encourages the woman to do something. Then some "White Knight" flies in to "save" her from the guy. It's baffling to me, but that's the way bar scenes are.

What I find disturbing is what the hell was so important for him to get from the bar when he's only 19? He was that thirsty for a coke or water that he needed that spot at the bar?

9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I bet the Cowboys sign him!

Maybe her too!

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why should she be charged? He grabbed her and wouldn't let go, its within her right to defend herself. And considering she missed, not sure what she could be charged with anyway.

He should and will be charged with assault.

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    What a tough guy. What kind of POS hits a woman?

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They both should. What he did was wrong on many levels, but the prosecution of the law should be blind to the race/ethnicity/gender/sex of the parties involved. I'm not saying he's a brave man for standing up to that mean oppressive girl at the bar.

Look I get it and my first reaction was the same as everyone else's here. We don't have audio to know what was said or what was threatened, but if you take that situation and imagine that it was 2 females. Would you have the same thought that you only charge the one?

He's probably going to be advised either not to fight it and plead for a lesser charge, community service and/or some type of anger management. Hell! They let Rice off with that and we all saw how far he went.

I spent the day in YouTube hell this weekend due to the rain and I have to tell you I've seen so many of these guy hits girl videos and subway fight videos to observe they all have one thing in common.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What did she do that warrants being charged with assault? Hit his fist with her face? :blackeye:

Even if it was two girls, you have to actually assault somebody to be charged with assault. You cant even charge her with attempted assault (is that even a charge?) because he grabbed her, once he did that, she's allowed to defend herself. Her punch didnt connect anyway so its moot, there is absolutely nothing she could be charged with assault for.

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Going to drop this here since there seems to be a misconception as to what assault is.

Assault refers to a threat of harm that leads to the victim's fear of imminent harm. The offense does not include physical contact between the perpetrator and the victim. First a prosecutor must show that the defendant intended to threaten the victim, cause the victim to feel fear, or carry out a violent act. A defendant may want try to show a lack of criminal intent claiming the act was an accident or a joke. The prosecutor must also show that the defendant demonstrated the threat through words, a gesture, or an intimidating act. The defendant must have shown an ability to carry out the threat and the victim must have feared imminent harm. - See more at: http://statelaws.findlaw.com/florida-law/florida-assault-and-battery-laws.html#sthash.rq41PGoL.dpuf

http://law.onecle.com/florida/crimes/chapter784.html

I'm guessing they'll figure out the actual charges in some hearing.

What's most likely to happen is they will argue that as soon as she physically barred his approach to the spot at the bar and turned around with her fist balled (plus whatever was said to him), he was actually the victim and justified in restraining her from hitting him. Thus, she initiated the assault. Nothing excuses him though as he could and should have released her and walked away but, he didn't warranting his charge as well.

I'm just looking at this from the 2 people perspective and taking sex out of it. I agree a lot of these young men (Punks) and women (some other word here) don't really respect other peoples rights or boundaries despite telling everyone how "tolerant" they are.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They would have a very hard time proving she was threatening him, if you look at her fist, she has her thumb pointing behind her, I'm not so sure she wasn't just saying, "hey, me and this guy are first (guy standing behind her). It would be very easy to prove doubt there. Or maybe she was just making a girl fist, who knows :lolol:

Regardless if she was gesturing to hit him or not, I don't agree she deserves to be charged with anything and I doubt any court would find her guilty of anything.

I agree that it is a little disturbing how quickly people resort to violence now. Or maybe like we said earlier, that there was more to what was shown and they had been going back and forth at each other all night.

Whatever the case may be, he's a coward of the highest order for doing that.

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That's the problem. It doesn't matter what the law says about equality.

As we move forward you're going to see more of things like this. Because if everyone is truly equal, then a 6'2" 250lb man can/should be considered the same as a 5'2" 135lb woman and is entitled to claim he feared for his safety from her threats.

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    James Harrison did awhile back didn't he?

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    To quote the late, great Sam Kinnison:
    "I don't condone hitting a woman..............I underSTAND it....