1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JPP screwed up with fireworks....

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Lizard72, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I saw where JPP did this. He's an incredibly intelligent human being. I shot a bunch of "far-crackers" last night and burned the "far" out of my hand. I know the feeling.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I guess that's the thing for the sports stars to go all out on these displays.

I had a Master Chief come into work one day with his face all swollen and his eye bruised like he'd been beaten to a pulp. They tried to hide what happened but, as anyone in the military will tell you, the story always gets out. Apparently they had constructed an elaborate fireworks display of mortars and either one didn't fire or accidentally fired (story is understandably vague there). While this guy, a Fire Controlman by job description who'd been in for over 20 years, decided it was a good idea to put his face in front of one of the tubes and FOOM!

6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Oh MAN. I have to immediately assume alcohol played a role in that decision. :lolol:

7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Alcohol plays a role in EVERY fireworks decision. Other than the legal 4th of July stuff, I don't think that I've ever seen fireworks sober.

8. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, feel for the guy from the Giants...

The only guy who`s fireworks display probably cost more than that, was the kid who decided to let a mortar off from the top of his head, and it killed him....

Yeah, there was drinking involved...

An otherwise intelligent, 22 year old kid, thought it would be a good idea, to launch a small re-loadable mortar round, off, from the top of his head.
    Killed him instantly.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-man-from-lighting-firework-on-head/29808363/

I don`t mean this as a "don`t light off your own fireworks", kinda thing, at all...

I absoluteley LOVE to let off my own, and I`m usually drunk, when I do, but, C`MON, MAN!!!...

Just a LITTLE bit of common sense, when you are drunk, and playing with explosives, goes a long way...

I was at a campground, last Saturday, where multiple people were letting off their stuff, in close proximity, to each other.

I had already unpacked my mortars, and repeaters on a picnic table, when a couple other drunks started letting off some of those "ufo" type "spinners", that spray showers of sparks downward, as they lift of, right next to me...

I`m like "WHOAH!!!!!!"... "Watch where your sparks are goin, I gotta buncha stuff laid out here, that don`t need to blow up on this table!!!!"...

They understood, and co-operated, and between what they had, and what I had, we put on a pretty good show for the people there...

I wasn`t planning on "putting on a show", for anyone.

I have a very limited budget, and just bought a little bit of what I like to watch go boom, then was informed by my girlfriend, that I wasn`t allowed to launch fireworks at her house anymore, since the cops had been called 3 outta the last 4 years.

We compromised, and spent the night at the campground...

I had a blast, and thanks to the other rednecks co-operating with me, we had a safe, and happy time, celebrating our Nation`s Independence!!!

Bottom line is, have fun, and do what you want to do, but, don`t forget, you are dealing with EXPLOSIVES!!!...
    Respect that fact, and pay attention to what you are doing. Drunk, or not!!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Don`t outlaw ANYTHING, just because a FEW idiots, are idiots!!!:flag::thumbs_up:

9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  10. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011

Yet again, why I love James, for speaking his mind!!!!:applaud:

Somebody`s got to!!!... But I have a feeling, he would have a different opinion, than mine, about the whole "Rebel Flag" thing...:hmmm:

And I would STILL support him for speaking out about it!

THAT is what makes this country great!!!:flag::applaud::rawk::flag::steelflag:

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm Glad James called him out on that,, I thought that was wrong on Schefters part for doing it alo.....There is also a player on TB's team that lost his middle fingure today ,, bcause of firewrks:facepalm:

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Wow, didn't think you could post screenshots of patient info like that.

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

:this!:

14. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Well, at least in every fireworks mishap. I tend not to drink (more than maybe a beer or so) while firing off the big ones. Seems like a recipe for disaster. Watching is a different story, though. :)

15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  16. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'd think someone is going to lose their job over some HIPA violation. Probably not Schefter, but some poor nurse will be the scape goat.

17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Whoever leaked the records will, and should be fired along with Shefter and his editor!

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Schefter won't leak draft picks before they're announced on TV, but he'll leak a guy's medical records. :facepalm:

19. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    There almost certainly will be some sort of cash trail. Some random nurse isn't going to just say "oh hey I know you adam schefter, yeah here's a pic" or " sure just slip into the room... nobody will notice"..... without taking a little cash to convince them. What a dirtball..... and ESPN has already said "HIPAA doesn't apply to news organizations".... what a joke. Wonder if it applies to the corrupt activity that leads to the person who leaked the records. Crazy what some people will do to be the "first" to report something.

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well that's totally apples and oranges. I mean if he released those picks early people would change the channel and that's the cardinal sin of tv. This doesn't make people change the channel so it's totally cool. Get with the program man. LOL!

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I hear ya, but, there's only NFL Network to change it to, and they aren't spoiling picks. :)

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    24 hours later and Schefter has not responded to Harrison's tweet, how gutless is this guy,, lol

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You would stand up to JH??? :lolol:

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh I'm with ya. My whole post was meant to be sarcastic. I just never use the green font since I assume everyone else assumes that I'm always that way anyway. LOL.

25. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    JH is a man after my own heart. Kind of goes with my own mantra... if you don't want me to answer don't ask me the question!