1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl prediction

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jun 14, 2015.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have a rematch of 2010 the Steelers vs the Packers. Of course this time the Steelers win in a shootout and get their revenge, this time they don't have Mendenhall to fumble when they have the momentum. Big Ben wins the SB MVP, now you guys can go place your bets :lolol:

2. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    I had a dream the other day we won the Super Bowl again this year. It was beautiful. Would be the first time I had a dream come true that was good and spot on accurate.

Last one was years ago, and in it I dreamt my grandma died. It was so real I was absolutely sure I watched her die as i hovered above her bed. Problem was I had 3 grandmas then. Called them all. All were fine.

I was shocked because I was sure the dream was real and that had never happened to me. I told several friends about this crazy dream and how I was sure it was real. Mid morning a friend and I were opening the door to my house as the phone was ringing and when i answered it was my mother in law to tell me my wife's grandma died at 4am.

Probably not anything with the Steelers dream but when I woke up I actually took a minute to realize they didn't just win the Super Bowl.

3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    It wasn`t a dream!!!

Your subconscious was just re-playing for you the glory of the 6 Superbowls we DID win!!!

You had premonition in reverse, that`s all!!!

GO STEELERS!!!

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I had a dream but it was more along that triplet thing from another post.

5. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    A Team from the AFC

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I predict there will be a Superbowl and two teams will play in it. Beyond that everyone looks like winners in June .....except the Pats they always look like cheaters.

7. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Green Bay vs. Baltimore

Indy can't stop the run AT ALL and somehow Pot Roast went to Washington for 4M. Instead they add aging RB and WR then draft yet another WR 1st round.

NE lost both corners that were so crucial in their wins. That is a massive blow.

Denver- Still probably has the best roster on paper. Their defense could be top 5. I just feel Peyton will find a way to screw it up and their handling of their best player DT could get ugly (Von Miller might be their best player it is debatable actually). They also lost a lot of run D from Knighton.

Seattle - They are starting to get cute like the Steelers did. "Surrounding Ben with weapons" has not paid off and it won't in Seattle either. Zach Miller was a very good tight end similar to our own Heath Miller. Good hands, good blocker, could find open spots in the zone. He was very underutilized. If Graham doesn't block well for Lynch he could end up hurting the offense. Lots of lost staff but their core remains.

Philly - They improved a lot on defense. If Bradford is healthy they have a legitimate shot to contend. They really didn't lose much on offense. McCoy is a "me first" cancer who accused Kelly of racism then was bothered by anyone asking him to back up his claims, and Maclin will be replaced by Agholar for a fraction of the cost. I think they improved a lot with Alonso and Byron.

Arizona - Really good OL, defense fell off some but if Palmer stays healthy they should put up a lot of points. Tons of weapons and like I said solid OL that gave up only 28 sacks plus picked up Iupati and Humphries. If they had a feature back they would be deadly.

Those are my choices for Super Bowl contenders. I don't see the Steelers in contention with Shamarko starting at SS for the first time, Mitchell giving up 129 passer rating pulled groin or no, and Cortez Allen giving up a 106 passer rating. William Gay is the best player in the secondary and he is a nickel corner on most teams. Maybe Golson will be good in the nickel. Also, Dupree should be a beast on the left side but they will probably sit him. If Jones actually gets pressure it will be a huge boost but I'm not hopeful.

Last year the two best secondaries in the NFL played in the Superbowl. It is a huge part of today's NFL and sadly has been neglected for years just like the sp teams had been, and OL was from 07 when 3 starters had retired in the past year and Mahan, Hartings, Essex etc. got to start before Pouncey then another year Gilbert, then another year Decastro... Thank God for Beachum or Gilbert would be starting LT!

How is it possible that entire units are allowed to deteriorate all at once?

8. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    In my dream we win it. So there's that.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    There is no doubt in my mind. We will win it all this year. I look stupid but just watch. Best offense and a good enough defense. Like the 09-10 teams that won ;)

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You look ok from here.

11. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Well from the outside looking in lol.

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Just remember when the Steelers win it all you heard it here first :applaud:

13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I will give the credit where it is due. I just don't make predictions until actual football is being played. Too many things can happen before the 1st week that can change everything. If you read NFL.com right now they are so desperate for stories that eveything makes every team a contender. Heck they are touting the Browns, the Browns, so that tells you it is the slow time of year.

14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We have the offensive ability for a SB run. We'll see if we have the defence

15. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    After much thought and consideration, I'm going to have to go with the Pittsburgh Steelers winning it all.

AFC E - Do the Pats slip? Can Buffalo or Miami step up? A lot depends on what Roger says in the next few days about his boy Tom. Either way, this division only gets a Div winner into the dance - predict Buffalo

AFC S - Colts, can the Texans become a WC contender? Maybe, but not a superbowl contender.

AFC W - Broncos, WC contenders will be SD and KC.

AFC N - Steelers will be North Champs. Rats and Bungles will fight for 1 WC spot.

NFC E - Lots of disarray - I'll go with a bold prediction and say Giants win the division.

NFC N - Pats and Lions fight for Div and a WC

NFC S - Doesn't matter, who ever gets in will lose the first week of the playoffs.

NFC W - 4 Good teams. Defections hurt Seattle and SF a little. Arizona or SL wins the division, Seattle the WC.

AFC champ - Pittsburgh
    NFC champ - NFC W champ (Arizona or SL)

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think just about every Steeler fan thinks they will win a SB every year. Heck, probably all football fans with the exception of Cleveland :lolol:

17. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Nah... Them delusional fans think they will win it every year,

Even with McCown at qb, and Johnny re-hab as his backup!

Actually had a co-worker tell me they shouldn`t have picked up Terrelle Pryor as a reciever, today, `cause they had enuff receivers...

I said, "and who?"...

Ya got Dwayne Bowe, and.... Brian Hartline, and, ummmm... Travis Benjamin, and... "Puffy McSmokeSmoke", and... Ummm...

Hell, Pryor, might be yer best qb...

That ain`t sayin much...

Even when I reminded him, that he`s fast, and strong, all he needs to do, is catch the ball, and run with it...

He seemed to forget that Pryor, scorched us from the line of scrimmage, on the first play of the game, when he was Oakland`s starting qb...

I didn`t remind him of that...If we weren`t stacked at receiver, I wouldn`t mind giving him a shot...
    And he might be better than Landry Jones, as a backup qb...:eek:

Cleveland fans are used to saying "Just wait till next year"...

They`ve done it for so long, that that`s all they have to hang their hopes on...

On the other hand, WE have Ben, Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, Martavis Bryant, Markus Wheaton, POSSIBLY, Sammie Coates, and Leveon Bell(after the first 3 weeks), D`Angelo Williams, to pick up the slack, Dri Archer, to torch the field, when he gets his chances...

A decent O-line, for the first time, in a long time,

And plenty of young players on a re-vamped Defense, that deserves it`s own post...

Yeah....
    I got a feeling...
    Pittsburgh`s Goin To The Superbowl!!!:herewego!:

18. Hi5Steeler

Hi5Steeler Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

Replying in regards to your seattle thoughts. You think the steelers GOT CUTE by "surrounding ben with weapons"

So all the current offense of the #1 WR and RB in the NFL is getting cute? Good god im trying not to attack you so hard right now.

Here for everyones enjoyment is his list of getting cute

LeVeon Bell
    Antonio Brown
    Martavis Bryant
    Heath Miller
    Sammie Coates
    Marcus Wheaton
    DeAngelo Williams

Likely the best Wide Receiver group of any team in the NFL this year and it probably wont even be close.

Possibly the best RB tandem in the NFL this year if DeAngelo is now healthy and absolutely the single best RB in the NFL. LeVeon Bell is every bit as good as Adrian Peterson in his prime and definitely more elusive.

oh and back to seattle, they almost won the SECOND SUPERBOWL in as many years so I doubt seriously anyone with a football IQ thinks they are getting cute. They needed more weapons and particularly RED ZONE.... Jimmy Graham is EXACTLY that...... wth are you smoking son?

19. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

Agree completely!!!!!

Cajun

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I'm thinking rematch of packers or rematch of Dallas 1995. Either one we win.

Barring injuries of course(suck it jinx fairy) we are stacked and destined for #7.

SB 10= Steelers were in it
    SB 20= nfl didnt want steelers lol
    SB 30= Steelers in it
    SB 40= steelers in it
    SB 50= gotta be us, cmon man.

With Ben we made the SB in 2005, then 3 years later in 08, then 2 more years at 2010.

3+2=5 2010+5=2015 (our year)

2015 has us at the hardest schedule(2008 anyone?) We do good against good teams(barring injury) of course.

OFFENSE:

QB= Big Ben. The master of disaster. The man. top 3 QB. He's hungry

RB's= Bell(arguably the best in the league) williams, harris, and company

Wr's= Brown, Bryant, Wheaton, Coates, DHB, the Best WR with bryant and wheaton added exp, and Coates! Arguably the best in the NFL.

TEs' = miller the go to man, jesse james, speath(not bad at all)

O-line= unity. another year they are together. Barring injury, top 5 in the nfl.

DEFENSE:

D-Line= motivated fast strong line

LB's= I think JJ will have a breakout year(9 sacks lol), dupree, shazier, timmons all solid years. The rotation will be nasty and keep em fresh.

Secondary= I think our secondary will be better than y'all think. Hungry guys who want that ball. Can someone say turnover?

Butler knows whats up.

In summary:
    Explosive offense with a hungry fast defense, exp qb and phenomenal WR/RB will get us #7. Bank it.

21. Hi5Steeler

May 1, 2015

I disagree with everything except what I have quoted

22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I'M GOING TO KEEP DRINKING THIS KOOL AID I DON'T CARE!

23. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    I was referring to the Steelers OL being neglected in the 2008 draft and beyond. Tomlin spent high draft picks on "weapons to protect Ben."

Which Patriots wide receiver would start for the Steelers? Edelman in the slot over Wheaton maybe. Which running back on New England comes close to Bell? None. So umm sll those weapons you're talking about mean what exactly? Only skill player from the Superbowl champs who could start for the Steelers is Gronkowski. Seattle had Lynch who probably wouldn't start over Bell.

So to reiterate the two best teams on the NFL had exactly one skill player better than the Steelers a piece... arguably.

My problem is taking OL in the laterounds for years. And the "weapons" Tomlin talked about initially were Mendenhall and Sweed. I do not have a problem with the Steelers spenfing a 6th on AB, FA Deangelo, 4th on Bryant etc. Miller and Bell are the only players on your list the Steelers got on day 1.

Let us also acknowledge the OL is playing WAY better than they were 2008-2013. The young OL coming together is the biggest reason for the Steelers offensive success. If Mahan, Kemoeatu and Esssex were still on the OL there would be a lot more problems.

24. Hi5Steeler

May 1, 2015
    You seem to be arguing a completely different point now and even so are contradicting yourself or nullifying your own argument in the same reply.

Are you trying to say the steelers WRs used draft picks that were too high?
    as you said A.B. 6th rd pick
    sammie coates 3
    martavis 4
    earlier? ok
    wheaton 3
    sanders 3

steelers Mike Adams 2nd rd
    Pouncey 1st
    Decastro 1st
    Marcus Gilbert 2nd

..... or are you going back further... dont go back too far because we had a STELLAR O Line around 04 05 and do again now....... did we have a few years in between without?

sure and so did many teams like the giants etc.... no team can keep an all star o line forever. different parts of every team need rebuilding every year. you cant have an A+ O Line, WR group, Secondary, D Line, QB, RB, and special team.

If you did you would win the superbowl every year

there are 32 teams all fighting for the same draft picks, free agents, and stud o linemen.

wait..... crazy thought, are you actually saying steelers wasted picks on decastro, pouncey, gilbert, etc?

Because that would be pretty pretty crazy

25. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    At this point..... as sad as it sounds..... I would be glad to see the Steelers win a single playoff game.