1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell vs. Brady Appeals: Favoritism in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelgray, May 30, 2015.

1. steelgray

steelgray Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not really a shock. Brady is.............TOM BRADY!!!!!!!!! and Bell is a running back for the Steelers. Imagine how long an appeal would take if the player was a long snapper for the Jags. Nobody would even hear about it.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Blank Tom Brady, I wished someone would punch him right in his D@#$ sucker

4. steelgray

steelgray Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    At least someone is publicly calling the NFL out on this....

5. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wish people would stop talking about him like he's the greatest ever when the bulk of his career has been tarnished with cheating. What other football greats does that apply to?

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Conrad Dobler? Pretty much any member of the '70s Raiders?

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Why would you punch his wife in the mouth? *innocent look*

8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

LOL he prob sucks on more than she does,

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Quite.

I'd be interested to see what kind of evidence they have to prove that the NFL massively loses out if Brady doesn't play for a few games. That's how a lot of this is being discussed - you can't ban him, because he's such a 'pull'. I just don't see it that way - this isn't like Beckham in MLS, when there's little in the way of an established league or teams.

10. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Thought you were going to finish that sentence with "Steelers," since it's been well chronicled that there was a lot of steroid use.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    ......except steroids weren't illegal in the 70s

12. Ohio Steeler

Ohio Steeler Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2014
    I will probably catch some flack for this because I have recieved some in the past,but Tom Brady will play in the Opening game.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I was shocked that he received any type of punishment, but I really hope you're wrong.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No chance.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I was surprised that he received a suspension. I had expected a fine of a game check or two at most. I will echo Ohio's expectation that Brady plays week 1. I have a feeling that Roger G's invitation for Brady to provide more info is the out that both sides need to make the suspension go away. He will be "exonerated" on the sub 12.5 PSI issue based on new information and get fined for his lack of total cooperation with the Wells team. That's what I'm expecting.

The "science" in the Wells report is :bscow:, so it's all about interpretation of the texts.

16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Goodell showing favoritism? Hey now, when did this start?

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree. I got a $100 says Brady does not play first game. Any takers?

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wonder if vegas has this bet? I'd put money on it that he doesn't play. They won't wipe the suspension clean, a big part of the suspension was due to the lack of cooperation, they'll reduce it by a game or 2 but he will absolutely miss the first game of the season. It would be another black eye for the league to let Brady off the hook completely, a fine doesn't mean diddly squat and is the equivalent of letting him off the hook. The texts are all the proof you need that Brady was fully involved, that combined with his refusal to cooperate and he'll sit 2 games and wont be on the field for the opener.

19. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    And only Goodell will ever see the new evidence. :this!:

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    There has been a great deal of controversy surrounding how Roger and Robert were in bed together about many things and a corrupted history. There have been enough polls and public opinion to suggest the public does not like New England and how they have operated as a franchise. Yes there are many biases involved and alot of people are just being fans but the history has shown and evidence has shown this is not an isolated incident for this organization. The NFL and Roger must uphold at least the the first game suspension . I agree with you BF the games Brady will sit out will get reduced. The fines will not and the draft picks will remain.

Brady will not play in game 1 and the game is bigger than Brady and the NFL as a Corporation must realize the risk of playing Brady in game 1 verses not.. If its my business and my business model I go with not playing him.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i say the equiptment guy that tom threw under the bus to show up early and wait for tom in a dimly lit locker room with bars of soap in a tube sock and even things up.:shrug:;):cool:

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You won't catch any flack from me. I've been saying all along that there is no way that Golden boy sits out of the opening game kicking off the season after a Superbowl win. It would be an embarrassment to ole Roger and Bob with the protests.

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Such is capitalism.. You won't see the the real perpetrators and the guilty be prosecuted. Whether anyone wants to admit it.. At the end of the day Brady is such a small part of infinite money machine. Heinz purchases Kraft and now we have what we have.

Would like to see those fat bastards( those guys need to deflate) beat Brady with soap on a rope. lol

24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You won't catch any flack from me. I've been saying all along that there is no way that Golden boy sits out of the opening game kicking off the season after a Superbowl win. It would be an embarrassment to ole Roger and Bob with the protests.

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I got a $100 says Brady does not play first game. Any takers?