1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, May 27, 2015.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/0...l-not-fully-recovered-from-right-knee-injury/

does this seem like a concern to anyone else? will he be the same RB as before or should we add a guy like pierre thomas to the stable for this season until bell can get fully healed? should he have surgery? i know we all expect the same old bell back but this is starting to make me think we won't get the same results from him hobbled. :eek::cool:

2. Hi5Steeler

Hi5Steeler Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015

Cue my Lewis Black voice....

WERE SCREWWWWWED!! WERE DONE!!!! ALL WE HAVE LEFT IS A STEAMING PILE OF DOG SHTIP !!!!!!! I CANT WATCH ANYMORE!!!!

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would like to have Pierre Thomas even if Bell was 100%. A few months ago we talked about adding Pierre Thomas and he united the board in a way that nothing ever had. It was like for a brief moment in time there was perfect balance in the force. LOL.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    your right BFT. i can't believe he is still out there. i like williams alot but he has an injury history. if he could be had at vet minimum i really can't see any bad side to his signing. especially if we are 5 months in and bell isn't back to 100% yet. i always hate this and it lingers on and come time to play we find out he needs a clean up or surgery. we could still win with thomas, williams and archer, that's still a pretty good stable of horses. hopefully bell is back but i would definately consider thomas.:cool:

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree totally and Thomas seems like a guy that would really fit in Haley's scheme because he's a good receiving back too. Maybe his asking price is too high or something? Seems like he visited the jags a few months ago? I actually didn't realize he was still available. Seems like he'd want to play for a contender at this stage of his career.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Not only did that article not concern me, I actually took it as being quite positive. he's doing well now and expects to be fully healthy when need be.

All good on this front.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If I remember the article right that I read on NFL.com, they seemed to think the second wave of free agent signings will come closer to training camp so that teams don't have to give up the comp picks. They seemed to be saying guys like Welker, Thomas and so on would be added by teams as they begin to shape their rosters and when the inevitable injury happens

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I just hope Thomas doesn't wind up on the stupid Rats running circles around us.

9. Steel Blitz

Steel Blitz Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

Haha.. that was my thought. I like Thomas and all, but don't really see the need to sign him necessarily, but when I flip the thought process, I would hate for us to have to face him on any team twice this year.

10. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Short answer...

Of course, I`m concerned.. It`s a major injury, to a major player on our team...

Injuries are ALWAYS concerning.

Think I`ve said it before, but just in case, I`ll say it again...

You NEVER know how a player is gonna heal from having a knee blown out, or anything else...

HOWEVER, in his favor, he is young, has all the time in the world to re-hab from this, and doesn`t have a history of being hurt....

I`m betting he comes back just fine, after having the 1st 3 weeks of the season off, due to his suspension...

No gaurantees. ... an injury, is an injury...

But everything is going in his favor, and he strikes me as the type of player, to do everything in his power, to heal up right, re-hab, like a monster, and get back on the field 100%, the way he was...

We won`t know, until we see him do it, But, I`m really not worried about it, too much...

My gut says he will be fine.:cool::thumbs_up::steelflag:

Edit... No one here, knows if surgery would be beneficial, and my personal opinion is, Hall can pick up the slack, until Bell `s suspension is over.

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If the season started today, I'd be concerned, still 3 months to go though, 4 if his suspension isn't reduced. Bell will be ready to go. Willimas can handle a month of duty, he wont break down that quickly as the starter.

12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think Bell will be ready by the time his suspension is over. I was very surprised to see Heath Miller come back so soon after his knee injury and he is older. The improvements in sports medicine is insane nowadays it seems.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    He will have had 8 months to rehab his hyper extended knee, with no surgery involved that should be plenty long enough, adrian petersen was back on the field after a total knee surgery in 8 months, whats up with bell, is he kidding the sheeple or is he a panzy????

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

I don't think it will be a concern Mac. The doctors job is to make certain he is ready to go and if surgery was required coaches would know and it would get done before now.

He looked very good in the training tapes I saw. He was cutting really well and speed was not a factor.. He is going to be just fine.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Amazing that fans still question this mans toughness.

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Which idiot called him Tinkerbell after he missed some preseason games? In any case, I have to think Diamond is being some level of sarcastic. I don't remember him being that stupid.

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That would be HinesWardHOF if memory serves and was during his persecution phase but directly after his bold predictions for the team that were so middle of the road that no matter what happened he could claim he was right all along.

18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Peterson is a freak of nature and was driven above and beyond normal, he wasn't satisfied just making it back he made it back and then broke the mold as well. Only time I have witness anything close to what AP did was Woodson making it back for SB30. That being said Bell doesn't have to have anywhere near that dedication to getting back from injury because he has three weeks to sit so he has time to make sure everything is 100% especially his mental toughness because if he thinks about his knee he will run tentative and scared, if he doesn't think about it, he can run with reckless abandon.

19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    "I predict the steelers will go 5-11 this year, but they could also go 11-5. Anywhere in between... Why do you hate what I have to say? I only speak truth! Take off your homer glasses and accept my truth!" - HinesWardHOF

lol

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think back to heath miller just a couple of years ago. he came back pretty fast because we sucked without him. he was nowhere near ready at that time, just tough as nails. if it happened again we would be in dire straights again even if bell was back. heath is such a coter pin of this offense.

what my worry is if there is surgery needed. we have seen several times in the past where we have had guys try to go in training camp and then have surgery and the whole season becomes a bust for them. why the wait? my concern is if bell is still hobbled by this by now, it was worse than first reported. i sure hope not. besides ben, heath and bell make this offense high powered. :cool:

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I know that you're not implying this but Bell's injury was not nearly as serious as Heaths. He's very fortunate for that cause it could have been much much worse. I really don't see it as even being a nagging injury for him given how much time he's had to heal.

22. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My money says somewhere between 0-16 and 16-0, with Bell recording anywhere between 0 and 3,000 yards.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't see us winning during the bye week.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't see us losing during it.