1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Heinz Field

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, May 26, 2015.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Has anybody on here seen concerts Heinz Field? I'm not much of a huge stadium concert fan but kind of want to see the Rolling Stones tour and am really choosing between this Saturday Night in Columbus at OSU (75,000+) or June 20 at Heinz (65,000+).

I saw the Stones at TRS back in about 85 and was way up in Peanut Heaven and the sound was terrible. Granted it was 1985 so I'm certain sound technology is light years ahead. Saw a couple of other shows at TRS but it really dissuaded me from attending many stadium concerts. What really did it was when I saw U2 in the Georgia dome and was watching Bono on the big screen where you could see his lips move and the sound got to my ears a second and a half later. Kind of swore at that moment I wouldn't see many more stadium concerts.

But back to the point - It's the ROLLING STONES! Not a die hard fan with tongue tattoos, shirts and bumper stickers but it will probably be one of the last times really to see them together.

Right now my choices are Columbus, OH. Sat. Night. Pittsburgh June 20th or skipping and probably kicking myself later.

Saw a couple videos from opening night at Petco Park in San Diego and they really looked like they haven't missed a beat. Really wish they were playing PNC Park instead.

BTW - I'm sure it's sold out. Any tips on scalping tix or how much I could expect to pay?

All thoughts are welcome. Thx.

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Can't answer your question about Heinz but agree with your overall opinion on stadium concerts. I won't go to a big venue if I'm not sitting up close.

Not a big Stones fan, have some songs I like, they are an iconic band though, probably put on a great show. U2 I would love to see.

3. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Like I said, I saw U2 one time and bought the tickets the day of the concert. We were literally 8 rows from the very top of the Georgia Dome straight across from the stage. It was the Zoo TV tour. Great concert but right in the middle of the song She Move In "Mysterious Ways". That's where I would hear a second and a half delay in the sound from seeing Bono on the big screen. I swore I would never see another stadium concert.

Broke that though when I saw the Rolling Rock festival at Heinz Field with really good (free) tickets. Sounded OK but we were 10 rows off the field. Puddle of Mudd and Green Day headlined.

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    My daughter saw Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran there. She said it was great. BUT, she was very close (on the field - 8 rows from the stage).

<grumbles>My daughter got to step onto the field at Heinz Field...<grumble>

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'll let you know. I'm seeing Kenny Chesney Saturday at Heinz Field. 1st time I will ever watch anything but the Steelers there.
    We got seats in the 500 level which aren't good, so I'll let you know sound quality.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And now, the top 10 names for this 55th anniversary RS tour (sponsored by Depends):

10. Hey You, Get Off Of My Barko-Lounger
    9. I Can't Get No Circulation
    8. Brown Sugar-Free, Sodium-Free, Trans Fat-Free etc etc

(Please complete as appropriate) :facepalm:

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ruby Tuesday (blue plate special)
    Start Me Up (with a defibralator)

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You're on a roll there Cali-comrade. Any thoughts on the Pirates -Padres series? Buccos have surprisingly done well in recent west coast trips I usually attend 1 or 2 games down there with my daughters who live/lived in the area but can't get away this time. Aren't the Steelers in SD this year?

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't follow baseball but, it seems that the Pirates do well at Petco.
    The Steelers are here for a Mon. night game this year!

11. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Some girls (are great grandmothers)
    Wild Horses (couldn't drag me to my grave)
    Happy (to have another blood transfusion)

12. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Georgia Dome is a horrendous place to see a concert. I've seen the Falcons from up there and the sound is muddy up there.

13. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    stadium shows are tricky. I seen Kenny Chesney at neyland stadium and that place is huge and it was a great show. I saw aerosmith in cincy and the sound sucked.

I have heard a lot of people say they don't like the stadium shows

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Yep. It really depends on where your seat is. Stones at TRS was terrible sounding but I was way up high. Pink Floyd at Sun Devil Stadium was awesome. Lower level.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Shake rattle and drool

Never mind, wrong band

16. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Saw the Stones at OSU last night and boy what a freaking awesome show! Anyone who attends the Heinz Field show will have a perfect view from any seat in the house, though I do recommend binoculars for very close up views that you can see not on the massive video screens.

17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well saw the Kenny Cheney show Saturday, don't go cheap and get field level or on field seating. We had cheaper 500 level seats and the sound was terrible. Personally I like arena concerts better, should quality is just so much better. Just my thoughts try to get good seats and don't go cheap. Also $14 dollar 24oz beers inside!!! Crazy!!!!

18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I don't think there will be any problem with the sound or views for the Stones concert no matter where sitting in Heinz field.