1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

THIS is how a coach should conduct a press conferece...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bleedsteel, May 2, 2015.

1. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Given all the complaining about Tomlin, in his pressers...

I don`t believe, I`ve ever heard John Mitchell, our "Assistant Head coach/ Defensive Line", talk to the press before...

But, here is how it should be done, talking about our 6th round pick, of DE, "Leterrius Walton", who I`ve never heard of, but sounds like a quality pick at a position of need...

http://www.steelers.com/videos/vide...in-Sixth/ce49f52d-9c19-4da8-989e-3e60cc345b52

Sorry, that was supposed to be a direct link to a video on The Steeler`s page...

Coach has a sense of humor, engages with his questioners, and gives background insight, that most fans wouldn`t know, without him speaking candidly, but still in enough "general terms", to not give away any "Team Secrets"...

And for as much as I loved Carnell Lake, as a player, and have faith in him to coach our DB`s...

He ain`t very "interview friendly"...:lolol:

Anyhow, I hope the "link", goes to Coach Mitchell talking about our newest DE, and a variety of other topics...

Very entertaining and informative....

I especially like his point about college coaches, letting their players "get away" with a few bad habits, technique-wise, on the field, and maybe not hounding them about nutrition/weight room work, since they are only gonna have them for 2 or 3 years...

As well as saying, "we may not get the player that has EVERTHING we want, because we don`t usually pick high enough in the draft to get the player with EVERYTHING, but we pick the ones available, who have the MOST attributes, we are looking for"...

Well Said, Coach!!!:applaud:

On a side note, I`m ecstatic about this draft, right now...

Can`t believe we got Doran Grant, Sammy Watkins(although I`m not sure we "NEEDED" another reciever... SCARY GOOD recieving corp, right now, and can withstand at least one injury...HAD to take him, since he was available there...) , and other players, that seem to fit needs we have, while also being good players.

I have concerns, given that we always seem to think we have a great draft class in May, and some inevitably don`t pan out...

I will reserve judgement, until I see who actually gets on the field, and what they do, but for now...

I`m pretty Damn excited about the team we will put on the field in 2015!

GO STEELERS!!!:herewego!::steelflag:

2. Hi5Steeler

Hi5Steeler Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    We got Sammy Watkins? Did we trade Big Ben for him???

Btw AWESOME video

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, damn, when did this happen? I go to the bathroom for 5 minutes and I miss getting Watkins, unreal.

And yes, great video, I think Mitchell was just happy to get a chance to talk :lolol:

4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012

Coach Lake said this not Mitchell. :)

5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    ooops:facepalm:...
    Yeah, I meant Sammy Coates,(mighta spelled that wrong, too)

And I was wrong about which coach had the qoute about getting "everything" they wanted outta their draft picks...

However, I stand by my original point about, that being a MUCH better press conference, than anything Mike Tomlin has ever done...

But that`s ok... Cause that`s not his REAL job anyhow...

I`m sure he has a more important one... What exactly is that again?:hmmm:

Back to the bottle for me, for now.. Peace!!!

GO STEELERS!!!

6. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    It's OK dude, I've listened to so many interviews today myself that it's easy to confuse who said what. Also, figured you meant/liked the Coates kid.

Enjoy your Bottle Bash, safely off the road of course!

7. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Absoluteley, at home, and enjoying the buzz...

Lotsa bad news, coming from texts on the fone... But, That`s just personal life..

Draft news sounds good!!!

P.s. Gotta love that the internet radio is playing " I got Stoned and I missed it"... by Shelverstien, and before I got done typing this...

It went to "flying high", by Kid Rock... now, if I just had a doobie... LOL!!!!

Life`s what you make of it...Make it good!!!

GO STEELERS!!!

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Let's be honest and say that coming from a position coach that's what they are supposed to do. They aren't asking him about his opinions on the next weeks opponents or how he plans on prepping the entire team.

I enjoyed his interviews, but to compare how a position coach does an interview with the type of questions he's asked to a Head Coach is a ;little bit of a stretch.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    After I wrote that I get to watch the post-draft conference and all I hear is Tomlin breathing into the microphone the whole time Colbert is talking....

10. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Hahaha....I heard that too. At first I didn't know WTH that was but it was clearly MT breathing. :lolol:

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Sounded like he just got off a Stair Master. No Idead why he was breathing so hard there.