1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell "close to 100%"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Apr 23, 2015.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Le'Veon just gave an interview where he said his knee was getting close to 100%. I was really shocked to read that. I didn't think the injury was THAT bad when it first happened. Seems there were even some on here around that time that were saying they really thought he'd be ready. I never thought he would be but I sure didn't think it would take this long for it to get better. I'm glad it's getting better but is anyone concerned that he might be more likely to injure it again or that it might not be that stable? Also do you think they might have made it out that he could possibly play just to hinder the rats from maybe gameplanning as effectively as they would have liked going in to a playoff game? Here's the article. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000487850/article/leveon-bell-knee-getting-close-to-100-percent

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    That's good to hear. Too bad he can only play in 81.25% of the regular season due to suspension.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That is surprising BFT, thought it would have been healed by now. Maybe the suspension is a silver lining, 3 more games to recover and strengthen.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    BFT I think when "he" says he is almost 100% I think he is talking about his trust in it and whether or not he can play with reckless abandon the way he ran before. It is my hope that he does run with reckless abandon because I think we all remember Parker and his return from injury where he was almost too tentative. I am sure the doctors are saying he is 100% although I think there was talk about nerve damage that could be some worry about.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    He will still probably see plenty of action in preseason.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    anyone have a link to the article in the Trib that NFL.com article references? I look but didn't see it online at all.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    What's crazy is there were reports that he had been killing it on the bike that week. Now I'm thinking either that was crap or he has an extremely high tolerance for pain. I wonder what "percentage" the team requires for a player to be on the field. Or maybe they just let a doctor say whether or not a player technically can play.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    His page on FB he post'ed a vid of him running , ,making cuts, ,and pulling the sleigh , , he looked prty good to me in it I dont kno how to save and paste a video or i would

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Or he is playing mind games with the other teams

12. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This... I think at some point it is more a mind game than a physical game. Can a player overcome the fear? I hope so because this dude is a beast and we need him!

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's amazing the injury wasn't worse then it is. Lucky. Hopefully Bell wins his appeal from the Liar and gets one game back.

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I watched some footage of him.. Don't remember where but it was a recent workout and it demonstrated that he is almost there.. he was cutting hard on that knee and you would not have known he severely injured the knee

Thanks TTF.. Just noticed you put up the same link which I saw of him working out.. OMG .. Amazing

15. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    you know,
    I don't understand all this Liar stuff about the commish. I mean, you gotta respect the man for what he has done ,in the years he has been in power, for this great sport we obviously all enjoy. Accusing him of being a Liar seems to be a waste of energy and not the way I roll. To each is own and what ever floats your boat I guess
    butt
    IF
    he truly was a Liar
    wouldn't his pants be on fire?

BOT

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK L Bell
    here's to hoping you can plant your foot and kick the plant

16. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree! Since we're losing the first 3 games anyway!!!!!:huh:

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    hahaha.. I recognize that green anywhere lol

18. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL!!!

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    images.jpg

It's hard for your pants to be on fire when you urinate in them. The Liar did NOT make this game great, just tarnished it with his being inept, a bully and worrying about his image. Hugs the new players at the draft and spits on the older players that made this game great. He is POS in my mind. But I guess some will stick up for anybody and not look at the facts. Oh and let's not give the owners a pass either.

20. lloyddestroy

lloyddestroy Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    _Some_ action? Maybe. _Plenty_ of action, not on your life. No way do they risk injury to a guy who has already proven he knows how to get it done. Nothing to gain by giving him carries in preseason. How many carries do other top backs get in PS? Virtually none.

21. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I wouldnt dress him for any preseason game. WHY???:shrug:

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He'll get no more than the starters usually do, which is very little and probably less given he is still recovering, apparently.

23. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Why? What do we have to gain starting not to mention even dressing him in the first 5 pre games. We all know hes out for the first 3 reg. season games. Thats 8 games the guy can rest and rehab.DUH.....

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    He looks great physically and athletically...nice to see that he is staying lean,he is much more explosive at that size and weight. I hope we can find a short yardage battering ram late in the draft...but the good news is The L. 'Bellmination' looks like he is back.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What do we have to gain by him playing in the preseason ? Plenty. There's absolutly no good reason not to play him.
    He needs to play some in the preseason. Also don't forget while he's suspended I'm fairly certain he can't even work out at the Steelers facility or go to team meetings or be around the team? Preseason may be more critical because of this.