1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brush with Greatness!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by trigyyz, Apr 15, 2015.

1. trigyyz

trigyyz Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Ran into the one and only SILVERBACK this past weekend at the Bellagio. Sucha down to earth guy! I thanked him for all the blood, sweat, and fears he's provided the Black n Gold. Crazy guy even took a selfie of himself and my wife on his phone! :lolol:

[​IMG]

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    You know he doesn't seem to look that big in person nest to you, which makes his strength all the more incredible.

3. trigyyz

trigyyz Member

Aug 16, 2014
    True! The Freak was playing volleyball with a medicine ball! Good Lord.

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  5. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012
    Very cool! Hope Peezy gives him some advice about millionaire athletes and gambling.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Looks pretty freaking big to me pjgruden, his forearm is as big as trigs upper arm and he looks to be in shape himself :lolol:

Cool pic. Welcome to the board. :drinks:

7. lloyddestroy

lloyddestroy Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    First of all:

1.) Trig ain't some pencil neck himself.
    2.) James is indeed big, just not tall. Look at him on the field and tell me he isn't muscles on top of muscles.
    3.) James _almost_ smiled. That might be the closest thing I have seen to a smile on his grill.
    4.) Wearing black hides your shape (That's why a lot of women like it). But the body part not shrouded in black (his forearm) is obviously huge.
    5.) We've had great LBs through the years, but the two biggest bad @sses are James and Lloyd, without question. I might throw Lambert in there on the field, but these two would be scary anywhere.

8. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    That is awesome, so cool you got to meet him.

9. Steellamb86

Steellamb86 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Very cool!!...thanks for sharing.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Wow, how cool is that? Awesome pic, trigyyz!

11. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I would've poo'd myself!

12. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't want to ask

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've never been jealous of another man.........until now. Lucky SOB.....;):thumbs_up:

14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    You should have asked, James, be honest is that another doggy bag?

15. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I call photoshop!

Jk, trig. Welcome aboard, brother.

16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    This is really cool. Thanks for sharing.

17. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Are you sure thats not Harrison and Polamalu with his hair straightened? :lolol:

Harrison seems like a good dude. I've seen him plenty of time before and after games and he's willing to talk and socialize. Other players will sign stuff and talk but you can tell they just want to do their thing and get out of there. Harrison actually seems to enjoy it. Ryan Clark was the same way.

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    And speaking of huge. Saw Joey Porter in Cincinnati once. Yikes. Gigantic. Ryan Clark? Surprisingly small.

19. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I've been about 3 or 4 feet away from him and he is dang big. I know I'm a midget but since you are at least average sized it seems to validate my thoughts that he's huge. LOL. Ben is mammoth too though and I always tell people that he looks like an actual monster. Also when Bell was a rookie and was hurt I was watching them warm up in Cincy and I was standing on the front row and he was running from sideline to sideline and he was right in front of me and I was thinking how lame it would be to be in front of him when he's going full speed. He's built like a brick outhouse.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That is the thing for me, while I think it would be cool to visit and talk with some of these guys, I also think it is important to give them their space. If it was a public event like what Keisel and Hines do that's one thing but going up to someone eating dinner I just couldn't do it.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I couldn't go up to someone if they were eating either I don't think. I actually met Peter Mayhew at a restaurant a few years ago and before he was seated I said hey to him but once he set down I just acted like he wasn't there. If I had walked in after he had been seated I wouldn't have walked up to shake his hand.

22. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Trig, glad you got to meet him, and thank him on behalf of the rest of Steeler Nation.

Also, glad that he was friendly with ya...

He gets a bad rep, for his "attitude", but, it`s good to see him being friendly with a fan, off the field..

And that had to be an awesome day, for you!:thumbs_up:

I`m assuming you treated him like another mortal man, and didn`t just "freak out", and lose your common sense, like some do, when meeting superstars...

That`s probably why he took the "selfie" with you...

He`s just a hard working man from Akron, Oh...

No arrogance, in his game...

And by the way, you DO bear an uncanny resemblance to Troy, if he had straight hair... LOL!:roflmao:

Thanks for sharing.

GO STEELERS!!!

P.S.... I hope there is nothing in the new "personal conduct policy", against gambling...:rolleyes::lolol:

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I was in the FEZ lounge in Hopewell? Not sure Aliquippa not sure of spelling or town. Back in the 70's if the Steelers had a home game Sunday and they would do personnel appearances during Monday Night football. Big sign on the door said no kids, one about 9 was sitting at a table. I was sitting by the door and it got dark as a well digger's butt at midnight. Turned around and Mean Joe was in the doorway. He went behind the bar and made 2 or 3 drinks then pours two pop's aka sodas, took them to the kids table, one for the kid one for Joe and him and that kid sat there watching the game. Anyone came up he would shake your hand but stayed with the kid for a long time. that kid has a really good memory of Mean Joe I bet.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    WOW! That is so super cool! Did he then throw him a jersey? LOL!

25. bignasty92

bignasty92 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Man thats awesome. Would love to meet Harrison. Seems like a reallly nice guy to all the fans. Truly loves his job!