1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Aussie coming to Wk 4 Presason query

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by allangaustralia, Apr 10, 2015.

1. allangaustralia

allangaustralia New Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Hi everyone. I from Australia and follow the Steelers. I have planned to come to the Steel City for a game and Week 4 of the preseason works well. Can anyone tell me more about tickets for these games and also when the NFL usually announces the game day and time? Thanks in advance. Can't wait to be there.

2. jimmypol

jimmypol New Member

Apr 10, 2015
    The Steelers almost always play their final exhibition game on the Thursday the week before the the opening of NFL schedule. Hence the Steelers 4th exhibition home game vs Carolina will be Sept 3. Typically, Steelers home games during exhibition season start at 7 pm.
    I am a season ticket holder (4 seats 50 yard line)--let me know if you are interested. I will sell at face value.

3. allangaustralia

Apr 10, 2015
    Hi. I would be very interested. There's only me so 1 ticket would be great. Please let me know details about how to secure etc. Very excited.

4. jimmypol

jimmypol New Member

Apr 10, 2015
    The Steelers don't issue the tickets until around early July. Contact me at my email account if you are still planning to go to the game:
    Glhoopguru@gmail.com

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Jimmy, can I contact you too if I need tickets? Your tickets? Maybe in the not so distant future? Just PM me about the pricing. Thanks.

Spartacus

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    welcome to the site and have fun at the game.:cool:

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome! My first Steelers game was a 2005 preseason game against the Dolphins. It will definitely NOT feel like a preseason game. The first time walking into Heinz Field is magical.

8. jimmypol

jimmypol New Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Spartucus,
    I am a season ticket holder. Typically sell tickets at face. I usually know what games I plan to go to by summer and sell the others

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Welcome aboard.

Please keep offers and requests for tickets and other goods in the classifieds section or in private messages. Thanks.

10. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    By all means, let me know which ones you'll be selling. Private message me, no rush. Thanks.

Spartacus

11. allangaustralia

Apr 10, 2015
    Many thanks everyone for the welcoming message. Everything has come together. Booked flights today so just need accommodation. I read that the Steelers Shop is closed on game days. Does it open during the games themselves? Very excited and can't believe how welcoming everyone is. See everyone at the game.

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Steelers shop? Are you talking about the Steelers Sideline store? If so they are open inside the stadium on game day. Not sure about other locations.

13. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Where you from in Oz? I get there every 18 months or so, but spend most of my time in the West. Who do you barrack for in AFL? Or are you a rugby guy? Note to others: Aussies don't root for their favorite teams as "rooting" means something else entirely.

14. allangaustralia

Apr 10, 2015
    Yes, Sideline Store and i suspected it would be open inside on game day. AFan I am from Charters Towers North Queensland. 130 km inland from the coast. I support the Geelong Cats in the AFL and the Brisbane Broncos in the Rugby League. Good point re 'rooting' - one of the many example of words meaning different things for different countries. Can't wait to get to Pittsburgh itself. Was lucky enough to be in Dallas late 2012 and saw the Steelers play the Cowboys. Not result we wanted but a great experience. Any suggestions to fill the afternoon of the game? Definitely want to get some merchandise...