1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Roast of Terry Bradshaw

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Mar 30, 2015.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I happened to catch this on and got to record it. I've not got to watch the whole thing but it was on ESPN2 and they are roasting Terry Bradshaw for charity that they are giving to Wounded Warrior. I only got to watch a little of it but one thing I heard was hilarious. Jeffrey Ross said "Terry Bradshaw started playing football in 5th grade and 20yrs later he started playing in high school". LOL!!! I was just curious if anyone else saw it and just wanted to give you a heads up that maybe you can set your dvr to watch a replay of it. The next showing is April 4th at 3:30pm.

2. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I had heard about it but haven't caught it anywhere. Did you get the exact name of the program so I can search for it by name on our cable?

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  4. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    They had one during the Super Bowl weekend, which I watched, not sure if it's the same one.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I know these roast events caused a big controversy in India, when they did it to some Bollywood stars... have there been many over in the States? It's still to hit the UK as a format.

6. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Youtube has it. Just pulled up roast of Terry Bradshaw.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If I have the right thing, it is: Friars' Club Roast

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it was actually called the "Friars Club Roast of Terry Bradshaw". I caught it at the end late last night/this morning and just hit record so I could get it. I didn't realize it was actually a rerun but turns out it was. It was around the Super Bowl and I noticed a line where someone mentions the fact that Matthew McConaughey was gonna come but he was "actually AT the Super Bowl" or something like that.

9. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I about died when that guy said Terry's definition of a super bowl was when he sat on a toilet his nuts didn't hit the water. Hit me at exactly the right time. Had tears from laughing

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just set the DVR, thanks for the head's up BFT!

27 years ago I saw him when he was doing a speaking tour (saw him in Akron OH) and he was absolutely hilarious. He was just going to medium sized venues and telling stories about his playing days and growing up etc. That was my 16th birthday present. It was awesome, he's such a great story teller.

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I heard him speak in Myrtle Beach back in the early 90s. He was absolutely phenomenal! He had everybody in stitches and by the end of the evening, everybody was a Terry Bradshaw fan. I loved the stories he told about his playing days and many of his teammates. Swanny and Stalls were always open. At least that's what they always told him when they came back to the huddle and the pass hadn't gone in their direction. His high-pitched Stallworth impersonation...priceless. An evening I'll never forget!

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    He said that play in Super Bowl 13 where Stallworth scored first was actually drawn up by Lynn Swann through film study and then when they got in the huddle right before the play Bradshaw looked at Swann and grinned and called the play but threw it to Stallworth. LOL!