1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

i could see them doing something like this

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Mar 28, 2015.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    probably not my favorite but,

1. trey waynes cb mich. st.
    2. eric fisher ot ore.
    4. kurtis Drummond fs mich.st.
    5. zack hodges olb harv.
    6. deshazor everrett cb tex. a&m
    6. derrick lott dt ten- chat.
    7. c.j. uzomah te aub. :cool:

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'd say there is almost zero chance they wait to the 5th for a pass rusher and I don't think its very likely the draft would unfold in a way that theyd be forced to wait.

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i don't see waines falling to 22 , probably he will be gone at least 10 pick before
    what i see doing a lot of virtual mock that if we want to solidify the lines the dropoff between the first two rounds and the rest are big so maybe or a dt or an ot could be taken in the first two rounds

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It appears he has traded our third round pick in order to move up for Waynes.

But I would also be shocked to see us wait that long for an OLB. If we're trading our third round pick, I'd be pretty surprised to see us walk away with something other than a DB and a OLB in the first two rounds.

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    ah sorry didn't pay attention , then is possible but in this case they would probably trade down in the second to regain a pick or they go only for few quality guys ...difficult to say i don't know we have many holes i think we need a couple of good draft to fill them

a trade back it's also a possibility

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd love to see Eric Fisher in Pittsburgh. He could step in for Foster and round out our ZBS, and fill in as backup LT if Beachum went down.

I think we'll draft an OLB sooner than the 5th, but I really don't think we need to. If we miss out on the top 5 guys, then whoever we get, are they really better than Moats and/or Jarvis Jones, or even CFL Lemon? Probably not.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I know your trying to figure it out Mac,but I too see the Steelers trying to get some sort of pass rusher before the 5th round. Can we make any desirable deals with anybody, where our needs could be met?

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

this is my thinking GB. getting a shut down corner reunited with the two safeties he played with in college. lets face it, we need safeties as bad as OLB'ers right now.

hodges in the 5th would probably be a steal. he needs some coaching and wouldn't have to start right away. i think he falls in line with any of the pass rushers after the first few. they all are lacking in some department and need some coaching but could be good down the road. i don't think we really need a starter this year at that position. i think they go with the more seasoned guys for another year.

fisher would be a really good addition to the offensive line, as you say two positions at least. good feet to match up with our other mobile linemen.

everrett is under rated a a corner too.

lott is an animal that needs some coaching. strong and fast. his quickness numbers are outstanding.

finish with a good running and blocking TE that they have shown some interest in.

i'm trying to think in terms of what the steelers may do and less what i'd like to see them do. we know they want to bolster the defensive backfield. i'm not so sure they are as dead set on a pass rusher this year early. most on here have JJ losing his job, but i don't think they are ready for that to happen yet. moats and harrison fill in making us 3 deep at that spot not even considering any other backer playing some of that role in a hybrid type defense butler may throw out there. :cool:

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think the Steelers have to feel JJ wont pan out in order to draft a OLB high, they need a top pass rusher even if JJ succeeds.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I just don't think after the first few guys they are that much different. I think the newest pass rusher will have a hard time seeing the field this year, whether it's the 2nd rd or the 4th or 5th rd.. I think they like JJ, moats, hojo, JH, lemon, kruger, Williams, spence, shazier, Timmons, and Harrison just fine. I think butler finds ways to use the good talent he has already in different ways.:cool:

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't see any corner in this draft being worth a 1st and a 3rd. Not even close.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    the only reason would be to get this group of Michigan state team mates back together as one unit. waynes and Drummond as picks and lewis is already here. that's 3/4 of the no fly zone group from mich. st. I was reading something about MT going to mich st. for 3 years in a row now for pro days. of course he goes to other places every year, but this was one of the better groups in college football over the last few years. I think the only way waynes drops to us would be go get him. I could easily see us grabbing Drummond in the 4th giving us the mich. st. backend together again. just a thought elvis. I'm not sure if this has ever been done before.:cool:

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, as another poster pointed out in another thread, that back end looked nice in the big ten, but gave up a lot to teams outside of the conference who had dynamic passing games. Don't get me wrong, Waynes is good, and easily worthy of a 1st round pick, but I don't see a franchise corner there. Drummond has potential, but I think the 4th is appropriate for him, and he's far from a sure thing. The best college unit I've seen in recent years was the Alabama O line from 2-3 years ago. Those guys aren't exactly lighting it up in the NFL, and I'm not sure that they would even be an average NFL line if reunited. The no fly zone was nowhere near as dominant as that Alabama line IMO.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    hmmm, they did lose to Oregon last year early on the road. then to ohio st. on the road last year. in 2013 they lost a close one to ND on the road and beat Baylor, ohio st. in he big 10 championship game and then beat Stanford in the rose bowl. they have only lost 3 games in the last two years. I'm not sure about this not fairing well outside of the big 10. I may add theylost to the same Oregon team that put a hurtin on p.j. Williams and fla.st. late last year. :cool:

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Mac, I maybe warming up to original list, I like your position selections.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it's not what I want but trying to figure out what the steelers may do. they are hard to decipher at times. a lot of movement is still happening on some draft sites and some different names are popping up since the pro days are ending. there are some marshall players moving up. rowe is moving up from Utah and he's been one of my favorites for us. I kind of like my list on the 27 days to go thread better. who knows?:cool: