1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Draft picks that SHOULD HAVE been used on CBs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lloyddestroy, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lloyddestroy

lloyddestroy Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    We are in dire straights because this team REFUSED to use some higher draft picks on CB. The following are the horrid decisions to take a CB on a FAIL player instead.

3rd round - Dri Archer. Hope he pans out this year, but as of now, I wish they would have taken best CB on board.
    1st round. Jarvis Jones. Sure, we need pass rushing OLBs, but it appears he isn't one. Trufant, Xavier Rhodes, Slay and Banks were all still there.
    2nd round - Mike Adams. They guy is worthless and I do mean worthless. Heyward, Trumaine Johnson, Josh Robison, Fleming, Bently all there.
    2nd round - Marcus Gilbert. Also just terrible, horrid player. Culliver, Van Dyke, marsh Wright, Patrick all there.

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Erm, right.

Because the FO actually knew how those players would turn out? They had a list of "FAIL" players that they chose from?

Aside from the fact that Archer and Jones are somewhat unproven...

3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Didn't we have van dyke two years ago?

4. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    patrick is available i saw him at veteran combine http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6626/johnny-patrick

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Another "look how dumb the Steelers are" post by Llyoddestroy? Shocker!
    Dire Straights? Lol...
    Your list is a fail!

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This list is not only silly, but also a couple years late to be worth typing or reading.

7. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hindsight is 20/20. I remember people all excited for the Adams pick when we got him. Lots of people said we got a 1st round talent in the 2nd and how good of a pick it was. I do agree that we shouldn't have let the CB problem get to where it is now. But the steelers draft on who they believe is the best available player at that time when it's their pick. Every team swings and misses sometimes. It's inevitable.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I also disagree with "dire straights" comment. This team is much closer to a finish product than not. They have to finish building the secondary, thats it, yes, I am counting on JJ and Shazier to be worthy players and that still leaves whomever they draft this year at OLB. I can't wait for next season, I think this team is way better than you do.

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    :thumbs_up:

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    What's a couple years? He went back 16 to complain about the weight room.

11. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    These type of threads need to stop. We get it. We should've drafted a corner on every draft miss we have ever had.

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    There are threads like Mike Wallace and Santonio Holmes that need to stop. I understand Lloyds frustration, and isn't this the board where you can come to vent? To speak open? To be a part of? Yea...

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    ...and even some of the non-misses. :)

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I don't really have a problem with someone starting threads like this. Its not offensive and doesn't involve a personal attack on anyone. It's happening somewhat frequently, but not so much that I look at it as spammy. As long as the discussions remain civil, some amusing debate can ensue. However - fair warning to anyone starting things like this - make sure that your skin is thick enough to take a little bit of heat.

It would be pretty boring around here if we all agreed on everything. Some folks tend to be a bit on the pessimist fringe, but that's good for those of us who like to :popcorn:

15. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Captain hindsite also says he should have played different lottery numbers.

Oh wait that's basically the NFL draft.

Move along nothing to see here.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think the worst part was not the not picking of some of those guys but the picking of the ones we did and they never make it out of camp. what the heck did they see in them prior to the pick that turned them off so quickly after they arrived. they were not even given a chance to succeed or be groomed into something. we had a couple of linemen like that too over the years.:cool:

17. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    I still feel Adams could pan out. He plays with a meanstreak and finishes blocks 5 yards or more downfield fairly regularly.

Adams has been moved from RT to LT and back again. If Adams has a bad game (which he has had several terrible games) he gets benched. If Gilbert has a bad game (like he foes every game - he is Adams without effort or nastiness) he gets a 6 mill per contract.

Last year Adams allowed one sack every 112 snaps and Gilbert one every 87.

Neither tackle is currently very good but Adams still has a lot of upside. Just another player Tomlin makes live in his doghouse.

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    This assessment couldn't be any further off base.

19. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, and don't mind debate and people disagreeing with my views... It just seems to me that every single thread on here turns into a "we should've taken a cb" thread eventually. Like a broken record, or recurring nightmare lol if a thread about the offseason is made then it turns into "if we drafted cb in the years past instead of player A,B, or whoever, we wouldn't be in this situation". Every time Archer is brought up in a thread it "omg what a waste, should've taken this corner or that corner. Luxury pick.". Same with Jones, Shazier, or basically anyone that we have drafted that's not currently a pro bowler or very good starter. We even had a thread about how our organization is too arrogant to draft a cb early lol really?

I even agree that we should've or could've taken a cb earlier in the draft in years past, but I just don't like reading the same thread over and over again... just venting I guess haha

20. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I also share lloyds frustration with our cb crop... There is a reason why we were ranked twenty whatever against the pass (27 I think?). But this horse has been beaten a million times. Almost every thread has some "we should've taken this cb instead of this player" or some other maddeningly repeated cliche line about our cb's in it. We didn't really need yet another one since this topic has been addressed so painfully often and in other threads.

i want people to speak openly and have diffeent opinions lol that's how these type of boards work. It wouldn't be fun if everyone agreed. However I was only venting about the frequency of this type of thing. Just like you said people should be allowed to do. I'm not trying to kill debate or shun dissenting opinions.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :lolol:

22. lloyddestroy

lloyddestroy Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Hey, bring heat if that's your choice, but to those who do, be ready to take some heat back. :smiley1:

Lookie here: This article proves my point once again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m=newsletter&utm_campaign=pittsburgh-steelers

23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Now that's funny. You won't bring heat you'll just whine about personal attacks and try to play mod. By the way, yet once again The article you linked doesn't support your post.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I seriously believe he's a troll. And it's working, every time he post it gets everybody all riled up!

25. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Makes the off-season more interesting, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.