1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

~ OFFICIAL 2015 TSF.COM FANTASY DRAFT STEELERS VOTING & DISCUSSION ~

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by gpguy, Mar 8, 2015.

1. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    OK just to get this up to date on the basic rules of this. ANYONE can vote no matter if your in on the mock or not. ONE vote per person. We we generally open voting within 2-3 or so picks before the Steelers. If the person you vote for gets taken before the Steelers pick...you CAN change your pick to someone available. The player with the most votes wins. Also as with previous years...no trades will be allowed involving the Steelers.

Thats pretty much it...its simple!

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Steelers Selections:

1st: Alvin "Bud" Dupree, OLB, Kentucky
    2nd: Eric Rowe, DB, Utah
    3rd: Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss
    4th: Henry Anderson, DE, Sanford
    5th: Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers
    6th:
    7th:
    7th:

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Three picks before the good guys. I'll throw out three names: A. Dupree, DE/OLB, underperformer. Marcus Peters, CB, malcontent. Landon Collins, S, doing a draft board swan dive.

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Yeah you can start the voting/discussion right about now....as only 2 picks left.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Kevin Johnson.... oh wait, TTF stole Christmas. I'll go with the high potential of Bud Dupree, and hope that our coaches can turn him into the player that his physical ability says he can be.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'll second a vote for Dupree, thanks to the Grinch er I mean TTF.

I think our coaches would love to have Dupree and Shazier on the field at the same time. I know I would.

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'll start the voting for Landon Collins, FS (Alabama). I think that he is by far the BPA at this point, and he is also at a position of need for us.

i have a feeling that about a dozen different players will get a vote for our pick. Still a couple OLB in Odighizuwa and Dupree, as well as DBs like Peters, LSU Collins, and Bama Collins. Some Olinemen will get votes too. Haha should be interesting.

8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah, with Landon Collins on the board, I also think he's BPA and fills a position of need. I like our OLB no-names more than I like our DB no-names. He edges out Dupree's athleticism and promise of potential. Very low risk with Collins.

Landon Collins, DB, Alabama

9. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    I'll throw my vote at Dupree. While he seems to have a lot of boom or bust because of his lack of production but I gotta love that athleticism and potential.
    Even before the report came out on Gregory I had Dupree rated higher than him.

10. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    My vote is for Dupree. I think our D Line could use a little help. A little added pressure could make the secondary we have that much better.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Alabama Collins has been taken

12. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Not a lot left... This is why I would like to see us move up to get the guy we want haha I'll change my pick to Marcus Peters, CB (Washington). Gonna go BPA again.

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Efffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff......

Ok, after assessing the situation I'm still going to eschew Dupree and cast a vote for Jalen Collins, CB, LSU. We have 12 LB's on our roster with only 5 CB's (one, Cortez Allen, may be done forever with mental issues.) We can probably pick up another CB later in the draft, but we shouldn't bank on it. One is on the board that is highly regarded so I say nab him.

Jalen Collins, CB, LSU

14. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I will not vote for Bud Dupree and Jalen Collins is being projected a lot earlier than should be due to his great workouts.

I think the best value for the spot is OL. I vote for Ereck Flowers out of Miami. He's a mauler and will take over for Gilbert and knock Adams off the roster finally.

16. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  17. centralpa007

centralpa007 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
  18. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought Landon Collins was a SS anyway... If we get any S in this draft, I want it to be a FS, so we can cut Mitchell after 2015 if we need to.

Hard to go against Dupree here. I like J. Collins, but although Dupree has bust potential, that's kind of what we need. We already got the non-athletic, smart, pro-ready guy. His name is Jarvis Jones, and he can't beat NFL LTs because he doesn't have the athleticism. We need a freak out there, and Dupree fits that bill. He needs coaching, but he's got the speed and strength, doesn't he?

Although I don't think he falls to us in real life, I'm gonna have to say Dupree here.

19. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
  20. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Collins is either FS or SS. IMO he would be best as a free... Pic think his game is kinda similar to Clark, except I think he is gonna be wayyyy better than Clark haha He's solid in open space, takes great angles in both the passing game and the run game, beast hitter, excellent tackler, and has really good hands. His only knock is that he isn't blazing fast, although he definitely isn't slow. There really isn't anything I don't like about him.

The Steelers Depot article that mentioned Tomlin was willing to explore moving Mitchell to SS made me think that he was on our radar, and on it as a FS.

21. kakhatesmortgages

kakhatesmortgages Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    Jalen Collins is my pick....its tough though. Id be ok with Bud if thats who we end up with

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'll vote Dupree, as my pick hasn't been mentioned yet, and it would essentially be a wasted vote.

23. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I personally would like a corner here...there could be a couple solid round 2 OLBs available, corners, eh who knows. But it looks like we're going to end up with Dupree in our draft...

Right now here is how we look:

Flowers - 1
    Peters - 1
    Collins - 2
    Dupree - 10

I dont think anyone else is going to catch up to Dupree at this point...but I'll leave the voting opening for a couple more hours and post the pick before I go to bed.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Who's your guy?

25. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I really wanted a corner here, but waynes and Johnson are gone.... that leaves pj brown, marcus peters and Jalen Collins...
    peters is a character risk and brown and Collins have holes in their game that make taking them in the first an equal risk...
    for value purposes, I have to go with Dupree as well