1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

the latest look

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Mar 1, 2015.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    so many options but:

1. hauoli kikaha OLB wash. 6-2 253 4.74
    2. Anthony harris S vir. 6-1 183 4.56
    3. steven nelson CB ore.st. 5-10 197 4.49
    4. Justin cox CB miss.st. 6-1 191 4.36
    5. derrick lott DT u-t chatt. 6-4 314 4.99
    6.a. Darren waller WR GT 6-6 238 4.46
    6.b. casey pierce TE kent st. 6-4 244 4.78 comp.?
    7.a. eric lefeld OT cin. 6-6 310 5.22
    7.b. Alonzo harris RB la.-laf. 6-1 243 4.56 comp.?

:cool:

2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Kikaha... meh. I like rounds 2-4 though. idk enough about the rest of the guys you have to comment on them. I would take a RB earlier than our 7th round compensatory pick though unless we've already addressed our back up position via FA.

3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I think we are building more on speed of the defense. I believe tuitt and heyward will get so much better that they will take a lot of pressure off of the OLB'ers and JJ and kikaha would be more than enough to up our front. they both know how to get to qb's, that's been seen in college. more attention having to be placed on blocking our DE's as pass rushers will only take pressure off of them.

as more sub packages are brought along they will see more mismatches in blocking. at least that's the plan hopefully. let's not forget it goes hand in hand with better safety play in coverage and better cb play in coverage. this draft would/should help that.

if shazier can stay healthy and use that speed to help cover, than LT will be coming up the middle more, also taking pressure off the OLB'ers being doubled. he's quite good at that.

it's not just the single player involved but the whole unit. we have to quit thinking in terms of individules and more into what they would bring to the whole unit. I think he's more than capable of big things here along with the other parts.

as far as RB's in this draft, it's extremely deep even after the ranked guys. not just the top 20 rb's either. this kid is big and fast and has some pretty decent vision in the run game. there are several overlooked rb's that will be in as UDFA's that could surprise. it's a good year to need one or two.:cool:

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline notes that Washington edge rusher Hau'oli Kikaha is off a number of teams boards "because of medical red flags and the lack of next level athleticism."

"I took a lot of heat after listing Hau’Oli Kikaha as a free agent and falling out of the draft’s seven rounds a few weeks ago. At the combine I learned a number of teams have taken Kikaha off their board because of medical red flags and the lack of next level athleticism," Pauline wrote. NFL personnel have had questions about Hau’oli Kikaha‘s injury history, as Kikaha's left knee has required two ACL reconstructions. Despite his past injuries, the Huskies' prospect was quite productive in 2014, recording 19 sacks, 73 tackles and two forced fumbles. Our own Josh Norris ranks the edge rusher as the No. 28 overall prospect in the class.

Source: TFY Draft Insider
    Feb 23 - 4:07 PM

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    JJ's back history made teams afraid of taking him too.:shrug::cool: