1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What round will Marshall be a steal ?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by PWP, Feb 27, 2015.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Been spending a lot of time looking at this guy I just have a feeling he is going to be a good NFL player .

Just some numbers to compare Trae Waynes had a 7.06 cone drill and 4.39 shuttle run. Nick Marshall a 6.96 cone drill and a 4.15 shuttle drill . Marshall did run a 4.54 Forty but he was slow out the block he will run a 4.45 at his pro day.

If we are to risk a pick my vote is Marshall scouts are saying he may be able to play Safety as well .His shuttle and cone drill was Impressive and moving from QB to DB he should have a high Football IQ.

I am all in for him in the 3rd. unless a stud from the 2nd. round falls .

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    lord I hope not.lol I have spent the past years watching this kid kill my tide. he is a good athlete for sure. probably one of the best in the draft. the only thing I worry about with him is contact. will he learn to stick his nose in there and tackle.

remember at auburn they tried to get him to take less hits. so for 3 years he has been taught to avoid it. he is a smart kid but I think a 3rd is way to high for a project like that. maybe 6th or 7th

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He will never make it to the 6th. A project like him is a lot safer play that the Archer pick was . I project him as the 10th. or so best CB in the draft based on how good he was in the cone drills and the shuttle drill.

Now if you project him to Safety he might be top 7 or so in the draft . I think the risk/reward is worth a 3rd.

4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    3rd round? Nah. I honestly don't know much about Marshall but I'm personally tired of these crapshoot third round picks.

5. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    lmbo. you are projecting a corner back in the nfl by cone drills and shuttle drill? the kid has never played corner or at least in college. no way is he top 10 in anything including quarterbacks.

you complain about archer being a waste of a 3rd yet you are wanting to take a player who has never played the position? at least archer had tape

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    IMO it would be a big risk to take Marshall in the 3rd... or even 4th or 5th for that matter. However, it's not like he never played corner. He played corner as a freshman at Georgia in 2011 (seeing action in their bowl game), and then transferred because he wanted to be a QB. When I was watching the Senior Bowl, one of the commentators - maybe Mayock - said that the receivers at Georgia had a nickname like Dr. Death for him because he wouldn't let them off the line in practice. I don't know what to make of all that, but the guy is a good football player, and has the physical tools and competitiveness to play DB in the NFL. I would consider him starting in the 6th depending on who else is there. I would prefer a guy with a lot more tape at his position earlier in the draft.

8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    How good would it be to have another guy on the team that could play QB in a pinch? I'd be willing to wager he'd be better than Landry Jones....

9. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    he is a poor mans vince young. he is a big play qb but lacks consistency in a major way. he has a good arm put no way can he play from the pocket in the nfl. even in a pinch

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that was my thinking on the belldozer, (blake bell).:cool:

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree on him as a QB. He's probably a better emergency QB than Heath, but he's a long way from being a polished passer. Light years really. If he came in to fill an emergency role, he'd be running the ball a lot.

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we picked a Athlete in the 3rd. some time back. He was a QB with no tape and he became a great NFL player . Marshall is a Football player , I don't need tape at a position he has the talent to make a career at 2 or 3 different spots . The coach in me would love to mold a guy like that.

He will go in round 3 I have no doubt . I also predict it will be the steal of the draft.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I would only be willing to get a "project" guy with a 6th rnd comp pick or 7th round. That's for this year. Just a lot of holes to fill so I would key on safer picks the first 6 rounds. If we gamble on a pick, I would rather reach 5 spots or so for a guy if they really liked him and they had thoughts that there was no way he would make it to the next round.

Guys who are injured, I. E. Olomu for example, but have played the position at a high level have to be considered on specific circumstances. What was the injury?, is it recurring?, prognosis for recovery?, stuff like that. I would be OK spending a 3rd or later on one if they think its a fluke deal. If we have good depth everywhere I would be OK taking a chance on a player like Lattimore (recurring injury but great prospect,as the 49ers did) but we aren't in that position and won't be there for a few years imo.

14. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    if you are speaking of hines, he played qb out of need one year. he was a wr

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think he means ARE. hines did play qb,rb and wr at Georgia though.

there are 3 good athlete types in this draft that if kept at one spot could turn out to be good in time. marshall, Williams from fla.st. and the kid from Washington, but he's ranked kind of high too. two of them could be decent lb'ers and marshall could end up a decent corner but they are all stretches at this point and not immediate fixes. they were just better athletes then most guys on the field in college. it won't be like that in the pros.:cool: