1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

who would you take and who would be cheaper?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Feb 25, 2015.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    we all know we need another pass rusher. I was kinda looking at free agents. I still think worilds is the best option that we can afford. Houston is out of range I know

I see McPhee and orakpo as options but not sure they are a lot better. would they be cheaper?

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i read mcphee was looking for 8 milion a year ..

3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Orakpo is a walking injury. Don't be surprised if they franchise Worilds.

4. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  5. steeler guru

steeler guru Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2015
    Edge rushers who can actually get pressure and sacks are rare, and with the pass-first trend, you need more DB's on the field.
    So I truly believe that we go 4-3 this year, or maybe just use 2 LB's, and 5 DB's as a base defense.
    4 studs are easy to find, an edge rusher like Lloyd, Porter, Merriweather, and others from days of old are just too hard to find.

Besides, a simple pump fake pass behind an edge rusher is enough to stop him dead in his tracks. I see QB's do that to Harrison all the time. If we go to 4-3 and use 2 LB's - one to spy the Rb and one to cover the TE, that presents a new problem, a cover LB that can handle TE's one on one. I dont know if the steelers ahve a good cover LB. Worilds is amazingly fast, but will he be here. But with 5 DB's on the field, a LB could get cover help with a good TE.

6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    McPhee and Orakpo will definitely be cheaper than Worilds. There will be a lot of teams with plenty of cap, so the bigger names will get grossly overpaid this year. If KC franchises Houston or locks him up, Worilds becomes one of the premier names on the market.

Personally I wouldn't hate bringing Worilds back since I remember hearing somewhere that Butler wants to rush his OLB more often than DL did this season... However if he ends up being out of our range in the open market, then there are plenty of good options left out there. Draft pick is another option.

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think I would take Orakpo, Deebo. Moats and draft pick....all for less than what Worilds might get

HACK

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Orapko is a good player, but he's injury prone. They should re-sign Moats and maybe Harrison later on.

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Saw that. He will be signed early. The eagles were interested last season so it might be his landing spot.
    I don't blame him for the lack of production as a pass rusher last season. Scheme. He will get paid and the Steelers know it will be more then they want to shell out.

10. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I listened to a steelersdepot podcast about 4-5 weeks ago and they broke down the 8 sacks that Worilds had and only one of them came against a tackle. All others were against a TE, RB, or on a couple of cases he was unblocked. So JW didn't really do anything impressive. Also the number of times he dropped in coverage doesn't hold much water either because he still was middle of the pack for the # of pressures generated per opportunity to create a pass rush.

Bottom line on Worilds is he really seems like he is just a guy. You could pay Moats $5M to $6M per year less and probably not be much worse off.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Bingo! I don't get what people see in Worilds. To me he looks like a nice backup, but as a starter he's the kind of player you look to upgrade from.