1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A lil bit about Heath and his possible replacement(s)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by chitown steeler3, Jan 29, 2015.

1. chitown steeler3

chitown steeler3 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I posted about about him in another thread, his primary position is on defense I don't think he will play TE in the NFL. He probably be a good late round pick at OLB instead.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    walford from Miami would be a good weapon.:cool:

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Maxx Williams from Minnesota is the top rated TE I think.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    yea, I guess depending on who you talk to. walford has more range in the passing game. both can block. if it were up to me we would just use will Johnson more in that capacity. any of the above would be big pluses though. I do still think egnew may be a sleeper for us.:cool:

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I know the replacement for Miller has to be found in the very near future. I really liked Aaron Lynch last year from Georgia (except he was kinda slow) and thought he would be able to fill that blocking aspect and catch the occasional pass or two. Spaeth can handle the blocking and I would really like to see more of Blanchflower before a top pick is used on a TE THIS year. I think everyone can probably agree Michael Palmer is not much of a threat in either aspect.

With that said, I am not entirely confident Haley would use a pass catching TE to the fullest. I think they are more often than not a checkdown option than the first option. He hasn't been able to utilize the small speedy guys like Rainey and Archer (so far) to their fullest and that leaves me concerned he won't be able to maximize a legit threat at the TE position.

First three rounds have to be defense imo. Heuermann or Kroft or Koyack in the 4th or later would be fine if they're the highest rated on their board.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I would love to see this team incorporate a Joker TE, but I don't think that's in the cards. Blanchflower really fits the mold of a Steelers TE, and I'm looking forward to seeing him healthy this year.

I agree, Mac. Will J. is underutilized.

8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Great article. We'll never see another Steeler TE as well rounded as Heath in our lifetime, gents.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    From what I am hearing locally, Branchflower
    is their man? I haven't seen enough of him to form an opinion.