1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ray Fittipaldo: Blount not a good person.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Read this in Ray Fittipaldo's chat, like I said, there was obviously more to his being cut than just that one incident of walking off the field. He doesn't give any details, just that he wasn't a great teammate. I'm glad he's gone for the sole fact that he doesn't corrupt our star RB anymore than he already did.

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I know for a fact that the pats don't care about the players. they treat them like cattle. I know two former players who played for belicheck. one toward the end of his career and the other in his prime. both were forced out and have some horror stories about their time there.

even if he is a cancer as long as he plays well they could care less

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Who is Ray Fittipaldo.. and who cares if he was a nice person or not, I'ts not about being nice and being friends, its abt winning games, and aparently Tomlin was not strong enough coach to get his locker room in controle so he cut him

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Didn't say he's not a nice person, said he's not a good person, maybe semantics to you, means something to me.

Im glad Tomlin cut him. Take out the trash.

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    So he's a jerkoff, not a good person and pot smoker. I guess nobody could get a feel for the talent that he brought forth and encourage him to be better both on and off the field?

Lots of players in the NFL are meatheads but they have tremendous talent which outweighs a majority of the off field issues. Look at Big Ben. I hope he's changed but nobody can deny that he brought off field problems upon himself. He's also a very talented QB which offsets most of those bone headed mistakes.

It disgusts me that the coaching staff would not play him as the two headed monster to Bell. Used properly together and the Steelers very well could have been in the Pats place right now.

Instead we get to watch a coach who see's talent and gets the best out of it. I wouldn't be surprsied to watch him get about a 138 yards and 2 TD's this Sunday.

6. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    a coach who sees talent? you mean a coach who bends and breaks the rules. I will not ever believe that he is a great coach. I would rather have a coach and an organization who looks at integrity and how a player carries himself on and off the field

the pats and belicheck will always be tainted in my book

7. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Personality aside, what burns me, is watching the effort Blount has put forth on the field, for the Pats.

He has run MUCH harder, than he ever did here...

I am not attributing it to the offensive line.

I just think he was pouting about being the "second" back, while he was here, even tho he knew that was his role, when we brought him in.

The difference in effort, is pretty apparent, when you watch re-runs of our games, compared to what he`s been doing there...

8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Hate Belicheat all you want. I know I do, but there is no doubt that he knows how to find talent and get the best out of them. I can't name three players on their defense right now and they are going to the Superbowl.

9. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Chandler Jones, Vince Wilfork, Devon McCourty, Donta Hightower, Darrelle Revis, are just a few. They have some good defensive players and Jarrod Mayo is actually on IR. This is really the best d they've had in a long time. I still think Wilson is gonna give them fits though.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Blount ran hard while he was here when he got the opportunities but for the life of me I can't understand this notion that they should have been taking Bell of the field to get him more touches. He's really not that good. He put up good numbers against the Colts, whoopty doo. I'll be impressed if he does that against Seattle.

11. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    But didn't we know about him?

thepunc.jpg

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The worst thing about that night was he tried to fight a fan as well.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Blount is a jerkoff, theres a reason hes been on several teams already. Has nothing to do with Tomlins control.

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    In fairness. Baron Batch could have run well through those gaping holes Indi had.

15. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    Blount is a jerk - that is a known fact, but if that is the case the Steelers never should have brought him in and they should have found someone else. I think Blount was probably given what he thought were some real achievable incentives and he saw them going up in smoke as Bell toted the ball 95% of the time.

In today's NFL, the idea of shared back duties happens a fair amount and I would hate to see Bell run into the ground too early. The worst thing about the way the Steelers let Blount go is they really had no backup plan - and Dri Archer carrying the ball is not a backup plan. Because the Ravens have such a stiff run defense (Blount did nothing against them either), I doubt the Steelers were going to be able to run much against them in the playoff game....but still it was yet another situation where the organization appeared to be caught with their pants down when it was obvious they should have had a backup plan weeks prior to that game - it might have given them some better continuity for their game plan going into playoff game.

16. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Says the man who has a pic of Tomlin as his avitar:lolol:;)

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I thought it was funny, when he punched that guy,l i thought the guy deserved it

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Um, ok :shrug:

Do you only defend the people you dont like? :smiley1:

19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I have nvr met Blount, so i dn't know what kind of person he is, so i dn't know if i like him or not.. Did i like him walking off the field b4 the game was over,, then no... but that's just one thing. There has been a BUNCH of things Tomlin has done and said that i don't like over the years... but i don't kno him either so :shrug:..... I think POUNCY was the one mainly wanting him gone,, or at least that spoke out abt it ..... But i got new's Pouncy ain't no prized pig himself,..

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It was more than Pouncey, Rays quote indicates that.

Blount has had trouble every where he's been, he's been on 5 teams in 4 years, also indicating he is a terrible teammate.

Pouncey is considered to be the ultimate teammate, not sure where you are going with that one. His sporting a Hernandez cap was tasteless but thats about it and the club incident was bogus. You're comparing apples to oranges.

Meanwhile, Blount, in record time had our star RB getting busted on drug charges, walks out on a game and has several teammates wanting him gone.

The guys a pos. Good riddance to him.

21. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Let's be honest here. The folks wanting to use the Blount case as a reason to bash Tomlin are simply wanting to bash Tomlin, and will find a way to do that whatever the story is.

Let's be honest here (2): like I said in the other thread, since leaving the Steelers Blount has had one good game. He's really not worth all of this attention.

22. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Like the article says, if you have enough talent, it doesn't matter what kind of a person you are. Let's be realistic, if Ben was a 2nd string QB, he would have been cut long ago.

I said right at the beginning of the season that Blount was not a good person and had issues everywhere he went, including college. Even with that though, if he hadn't quit on the team in the middle of a game, he would still likely be here.

For whatever reason Belichek seems to have a lot of control over his players. They don't ever act up and they don't ever speak out publicly. I'm sure Blount will have no problems in NE.

23. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    "Know" or "know of??"

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and actually the Steelers isn't the first team he has been kicked from either. He also got kicked from the Titans but I think it was under the banner of "he didn't make the team during camp" or some crap like that but he punched a Titan player as well and that's really what the crux of it was. Jeff Fisher loves running backs and even though Blount was somewhat talented if Jeff Fisher didn't want him that says something.

25. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    So Blount is a "bad person" and he walked out on the team, i'll give u that , but how is it Blount's fault that Bell got caught smoking pot,? Did Blount threaten him some way, saying if you dont smoke this im gona hurt u...... no Fact is Bell wanted to smoke it,, and i damn sure bet u that wasn't his first time or his LAST time of doing so..