1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you are going to get buried in this storm?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm right in it's path, they are talking about 2-3 feet of snow :eek:

Just hope I dont lose power, super storm sandy knocked power out for a week, that sucked ass.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Not me. Sadly. LOL. Just watching it rain like crazy and be all dreary. At least you will have nice scenery. Although I guess without mountains and open fields and woods that snow might not be as scenic. Do you have a generator?

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Believe me, you dont want this much snow, this is going to suck.

I don't have one but my brother can provide one if I need it.

This is what its like now....

[video=youtube;i6zaVYWLTkU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zaVYWLTkU[/video]

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    OMG that's hilarious! I'm literally dying laughing over that.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    We're only looking at 6-8 thankfully. I can't remember a winter where I longed for spring as much as I do right now. Possibly because I missed so much of normal outdoor fun this summer, or possibly because this has been seemingly the cloudiest winter on record. I actually see people with weird looks on their faces on sunny days.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That EXACTLY what it's like down here too! They can call for dang flurries and grocery stores will have people fighting over bread and milk like they are Cabbage Patch Kids! My mamaw is hilariously dramatic like that too and she always runs out to the garage and gets 5 gallon buckets and fills them up in the bathtub no matter what the forecast. LOL! My Auntie was at the grocery store once before a snow and all the bread was gone. So she watched this woman that had the last loaf leave her buggy for a second and went and took it. Facepalm. That is just awful dude. LOL.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    We bake our own bread and usually have a bunch of loaves in the pantry and freezer. I didn't realize that was weird until right now. :lolol:

8. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Panic sure can make people do some crappy things. Panic and black Friday.

9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    We got about 3 inches here. Just enough to keep the kids home from school.

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Looking at 4-8 inches here... depending on how the storm tracks, possibly more or less. (gotta love those vague forecasts)

Either way, not enough to get buried or snowed in, but just enough to make the morning commute a pain (not to mention my back).

11. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
  12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I wished it would snow here,, It never snows here where i am

13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm in Connecticut, so right in the path of the beast. Depending on who's forecast you believe, we're getting anywhere from 18 - 36". In Feb, 2013 I got between 35 - 40". It was tough to tell exactly how much because the wind left it uneven, but towns around me officially ranged from 30 - 40", and I was definitely in the upper half of the range. My driveway is situated in a manner where it tends to get drifts (lucky me). For that storm, my 200' driveway ranged from 43" - 52". That was NOT FUN to remove. It took pretty much 15-20 hours with a snowblower doing most of the work, and I even had help at the top of the driveway from a nice guy with a bucket loader who happened to be passing by and took pity on me. I have a plow contract now, so we'll see how that works out. It probably doesn't matter, because my street was impassable for 3 days after the last storm. Ugh.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I've already been out a few times to clear the walk areas, I'll leave the driveway and other big areas for the snowblower or, if we get the 3 foot prediction, my brothers coming over with a payloader :yahoo:

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well not exactly "weird" but maybe just "hippie". LOL!!! Really I could see my mother in law doing something like that. She makes her own fresh squeezed orange juice. Which is pretty gross. LOL. Also she gets her milk from this woman that has her own dairy farm and it comes pretty much straight from the teet. I hate milk, regardless of where it comes from, but that's even MORE nasty. LOL.

16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    The storm was a complete bust here. Missed us entirely. Guess we dodged the bullet this time. Hope those of you in the crosshairs aren't hit too hard.

17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Fortunately we're not in that path. Y'all saw what happened to us with 2", lord only knows what catastrophe 2 feet would bring.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It's been a bust here. We have maybe 15" of light fluffy stuff. It's going to continue for a few more hours, but this is no Nemo, that's for sure. I'll be surprised if we end up with any snow removal issues today.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That's the way people in Seattle look whenever the sun makes an appearance.
    We got .01 " of rain here yesterday!!!!!

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Did you live down here during the Blizzard of 93? That was insane. We didn't have power for a week and there was so much snow that it was bending the cedar trees from the top to the ground. That was probably the hardest the south has ever been slammed in my whole life.

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Ha, not even close. Just old fashioned really. And cheap.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

23. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    At least there's water near by. :-D

24. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

No, I was still living in Maryland then.

25. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah that's really the way my mother in law is too. She would love to go out and live in the woods and wants to hike the whole Appalachian Trail. They are cheap too but take it to another level. They are obsessed with Dave Ramsey and act like to buy two meals at a restaurant would be a disgrace. They are so cheap that sometimes I feel like they are like "elitist" cheap or something. LOL. They actually will buy one steak and half it to save money! You're not THAT bad are you?! They don't necessarily try to tell us how to spend our money but they sorta give you looks if you talk about buying discretionary things. I think it absolutely kills them that I collect action figures and go to Disneyworld a lot. LOL!