1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The two types of Steelers fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dreamman0, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Dreamman0

Dreamman0 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    There are the Homers (as the other side label us) and the Realists (as the other side label themselves). Well the 'Realists' have one more week to harp on the losses to the Jets/Browns/Buccs, the 8-8 seasons, bad clock management, whatever.... and then you can kindly shut the Hell up! The Steelers are in the playoffs and once that starts those complaints mean nothing! Everyone starts the playoffs at 0-0. Its about time you start appreciating the success of this team in making it to the big dance. Get on board and ride the bandwagon as far as it takes us. I'm sure the Steelers will lose another game at some point weather it be during the playoffs or hopefully not until some time next season. Then you can go back to your happy *****ing and begging for everyone from the owners to the practice squad players to be replaced. Until then, try being a Homer and suck it up and cheer for who we have and the opportunities this team has earned to continue to play when so many other teams fans are all ready looking towards the draft. Think you can? I do, but Im a Homer.

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nope sorry you're not the boss of me so kindly take your ball and go home :p lol

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  4. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
    Its a big step. I understand it will be difficult for some....:)

5. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Then there's Real Steel...

Just a joke, don't shoot me. Really, I get a kick out of his posts...I usually join the in-game thread midway though and I'll see a post and say, "that must be Real Steel." Really, I think his negative posts are superstition based, as he hopes when he says "the game is over" 5 minutes into the game, all fortunes get reversed...

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Is someone putting you guys up to these threads? :lolol:

7. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
    Hope springs eternal.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    When I saw the thread title a was like "here we go"

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

it's the beauty of this board ahahaha :lolol:

10. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
    Right on you have it....'Here we go, Steelers, here we go!'

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Well shoot. Here all along I thought I was a Realistic Homer.:facepalm:

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Pointless ranting. "My fandom is bigger than your fandom because I never complain about anything...blah, blah, blah." I really HATE those type of accusatory posts that accuse anyone of not being a real fan because they don't just blindly yell rah rah when things are going wrong.

13. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
    Hybrids are unwilling to commit. Unless your a mutant, in which case you have evolved beyond the rest of us. If such is the case... Well done! :)

14. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
    Golly...kinda taking it a little personal eh? Never claimed one was better than the other, just saying we're different. Need a hug?

15. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i think i'm beetween realistic and pessimist , probably because i hate to be disappointed ..

btw now i'm happy i even can watch a sunday without big pressure ... what can i want more?

hmm ...maybe a couple of dbs... :rolleyes:

16. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
  17. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
  18. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  19. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I essentially harp on the negative with everything in life. Don't think it's a glass half empty thing, I just think it motivates to do better. If I pick 8 stock winners and 2 losers, I harp on the losers. When the kids clean the house, but forget a bathroom, I ride them on that. Watching sports, I rarely celebrate the good stuff, but get mad at the bad (people alway point this out to me and I say, "I expect them to score there, so why go nuts." It's the picks/fumbles etc that get me excited...in a bad way).

Probably a sickness and the wrong way to go through life, but that's the way I roll and been doing it too long to change

20. Dreamman0

Jun 18, 2013
    Well Ill save ya seat if you ever do change. Its really positive and optimistic and happy here. Fair enough? :)

21. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL!!!!

22. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I am not taking it personally, but I stand fully by what I said. The original post sure looks like an attack on fans who identify what they see as shortcomings and try to identify what they think would help fix the problems. Let's look at the actual words in the post:

"Well the 'Realists' have one more week to harp on the losses to the Jets/Browns/Buccs, the 8-8 seasons, bad clock management, whatever.... and then you can kindly shut the Hell up! The Steelers are in the playoffs and once that starts those complaints mean nothing! Everyone starts the playoffs at 0-0. Its about time you start appreciating the success of this team in making it to the big dance. Get on board and ride the bandwagon as far as it takes us. I'm sure the Steelers will lose another game at some point weather it be during the playoffs or hopefully not until some time next season. Then you can go back to your happy *****ing and begging for everyone from the owners to the practice squad players to be replaced."

While this is certainly a step up from some of the name calling that I've seen in game day threads against some of the more pessimistic fans, it's still belittling any fan who grumbles about mistakes. Do you think "realistic" fans want to lose? Do you think they like seeing flaws in the team and/or coaching just so they have something to gripe about? Do you think that they don't appreciate when the team plays well and wins? The original post certainly made me think that's what you meant to say. The words are right there in the original post. It's possible to be respectful when debating the "homer" side of the view spectrum. Just see BFT's many posts on the state of the team. There's no need to be calling people out.

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I just hate losing to bad teams.

24. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

:this!: This.......REALLY good teams beat REALLY bad teams. All the time. REALLY!!

25. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :roflmao: