1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cincinnati vs Denver

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BobbyBiz, Dec 22, 2014.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It looks like if The Bengals win, the Ravens are eliminated. Looks like we should be rooting for the Bengals tonight. I'd rather they make the POs than the Ravens. I like the Steelers chances vs them more than vs Baltimore.

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if cincy win they have to hope kansas beat san diego , otherwise we will play the chargers if we win vs cincy

3. blackNgold

blackNgold Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2014
    Regardless of who the Steelers play, we should all be very confident that the Steelers can take any of them! That being said, one mistake in any of these games could cost them greatly. It is very good to see that these mistakes are being minimized down the stretch. It would also be nice to put a stomping to the bengals and diminish their playoff hopes as well. Go steelers!

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think the Steelers can beat any of the wildcard teams. The Patriots or Broncos are going to be a tough task in their house. But, I think if the real steelers show up, they can hang with anybody in the NFL.

5. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I think Cincy wins this game tonight. Peyton banged up, the Bengals can clinch a playoff spot at home with a win, and Broncos have only a distant shot at the #1 seed and no way to be #3.

6. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Ravens can still get in if cincy wins as long as they win next week and the chargers lose to the chiefs

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I think this team is coming together at the right time. There are still some issues they need to improve on but overall they are headed in the right direction. Back in the 70's I never wanted the team to peak too soon or to go into the playoffs on a losing streak. They seem ready to be playing at somewhere near their potential although not at the top of their potential, so there is still room to improve. I think yesterdays game was one of their most balanced and complete games. I really hope the game against the Bengals is another step in the right direction to start the playoff journey. I don't care who they play in the playoffs. To win it all you need to play and beat whoever is in your way to the top. It would be nice to play a game or two at home.
    The fans and people of the Burgh. deserve that to happen. The best and biggest thing yesterday was that Ben didn't get hurt worse and sidelined from that cheap shot.

8. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    If the Bengals win their last two (DEN and PGH) and Denver loses their last two (CIN and OAK) then Cincinnati would be the #2 seed. There is a lot of motivation for the Broncos to win tonight because if they do they wrap up the #2 seed they can see what goes on between Buffalo at New England. If the Pats win that game then they can sit Peyton and anyone else who is banged up because it will be a meaningless game for Denver.

So I think Denver comes out hard tonight to try to get the W.

9. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

:facepalm:

Denver does what

sorry

preparing veal scallopini tonight

and there's one step I always get tickled about

of course, these Red Hook long hammers are not helping

I stated in another thread

if cincy is 2 seed
    we play at Indy
    Ravens Or Chargers play Denver

one of those two being the 6th seed would have to play Brady
    we play at Cincy

home game for the afccg

at least we still get the home playoff game

could happen:shrug:

10. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    to me denver tonight win easily

11. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Steelers just can't win in Foxboro. It's been their Achilles heel. Notice that the last 3 Superbowls we were in did not have the Steelers traveling there. We'll need someone else to knock them off.

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    A tough plaace to play no doubt but if the Steelers can hit Brady early and often we come away with the win. If not, he picks us apart. Same goes for Manning.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    peyton and the red headed step child both get taken out and so does tom tom, colt boy and rivers next week.:shrug:

:cool:

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I'm having difficulty seeing Andy Dalton getting it done tonight. Maybe this is the week he finally gets it going in prime time, but I doubt it.

15. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Exactly. Buffalo will give Tom Brady fits next week and might possibly injure him, Denver will fight and claw for that first seed.

16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I would love to see Cincy win this game just because it would mean the Ravens would be sitting at home for the playoffs.

17. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    The rats aint going nowhere but back into their hole!!

18. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I agree 100%

19. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Gotta love that the Bengals last two games are night games. They are prime time chokers lol in terms of the playoffs tho, there isn't one invincible team in the AFC this year. If we show up to play, we could beat both NE and Denver at their place.

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Bungles Vs Broncos

Dalton being Dalton. AJ Green looked seriously injured there...

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Does this become the informal game day thread for Cincy Denver game tonight?

Carrot Top just held up his end of the bargain - pick 6 for Denver. Want to see Bungles wiped out these last 2 weeks.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone else think aj green may have just broke his arm?

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure that Leveon Bell makes that 80 yd sprint that Hill just ran. He's been tracked down by linebackers.

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Might as well.