1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What device do you use to chat during a game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Just curious, when watching the game what are you using to chat on this board with? If the game's on TV, I am on the couch and use my iPad. I have to watch some games online, then I use my laptop.

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    my pc .. i have nfl pass and this page open .

3. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    my laptop... I watch the game on DirectTV NFL Ticket

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Same here, though for various reasons I'm usually catching up on the first hour or so of the game, which means I have to steer clear of here so I don't get any *spoilers* (as I think BFT put it once). I tend to come on to the board after the game, mainly.

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    A beat up, tired, rapidly aging dinosaur of a desktop. It's situated with a good view of my TV even though it's in the next room. (Semi-open floor plan. Only 9-10 feet from the TV)

Shame. This PC was a beast back in its day.

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Could it run Pacman on full graphics settings?

7. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :lolol: It's not that old.

It could run Diablo 3 on full settings. ;) But it's slowing down, and almost 6 years old now. By Moore's Law standards, it's a relic.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I chat on the TSF 3000 designed by TTF with all the latest in Black and Gold technology and every time we score Myron Cope yells from the speakers and there's a little gif of a Terrible Towel that pops up on the screen waving. It's a really awesome machine and I'm sure TTF would design you one also. LOL. ACTUALLY WHEN I get to chat I do it on my laptop while watching the game on Sunday Ticket. My laptop is a Toshiba but I'm not exactly sure what the model is. I just made sure it had all the buttons that you push to type and I then bought it. LOL.

9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I prefer to use my laptop, but if my wife is using it, then I use my iPhone. If it's the iPhone, I have a lot fewer posts, because it takes longer. Whereas with my laptop, I can type my posts before the next play.

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I hate touch screens with a passion. When I finally had to get a "smart" phone I got one without buttons and it takes forever to type something on there and SO many times I hit one button only for it to register another. I miss having actual buttons to push. I'm really picky about always wanting to spell stuff right and I make a lot of mistakes on a touchscreen and I'm sure I would feel the same about an iphone. I wish they made some kind of little keyboard you could attach to those touch phones. I, for the life of me, can not understand why touchscreens are all the rage. I guess I'm just too old school for my own good. LOL.

11. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I see your problem BFT.....You got a button-less phone with buttons that dont register properly.;)

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    EXACTLY! LOL!

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    If it's at home and they're on AFN I use the Macbook as it's small and light. If I have to use my laptop connected to the screen I use the Galaxy Tab 3. Don't like using it, because the damn keyboard goes funky on me, disappearing after keystrokes sometimes.

14. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    or

FAT SAUSAGE FINGERS

:eek:

tomorrow
    will be like last year week 17 too many what ifs last year thankful it's not the final week this time
    I have time to have the DELL, HP and Gateway fired up for two games and have this site up on the other if I'm not doing a little work.
    I have the Steelers on TV

15. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    If I'm watching the game in real time (most often I'm not), then I do it through my TV's web interface (PIP for the game, of course)

16. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011

17. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    My iPhone 6 plus
    with voice typing

18. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Dell Laptop. A lot better than when I used to run to the computer room to type something and then run back to the living room.

19. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm typically using my laptop, although sometimes during games I'm posting using my Surface tablet.

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! That's an awesome visual.

21. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    My thought exactly, at a loss at how to put that in words though. <HMMM, If only there were a gif.>

[​IMG]

22. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    Usually I use my wife's laptop to see the game and chat. If the game is on tv., I might use my phone but because it takes so long to type, I'm always fearful of missing something, so I end up short cutting, so the posts look like ADHD.ramblings and then I'm frustrated because I missed a play and then I check the computer to see what I missed then I have to see the tv for highlights then finally a commercial comes on and I catch up.

After all that my brain hurts and I fall asleep, vowing never to use ANYTHING during a game again... But that changes quickly.

Oops rambling again